Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry it took so long, but I promise I'll update sooner from now on. I'm also sorry that this is such a short chapter, but it's kind of an interlude for the next chap.
Chapter 10: Elisabeth and Billy

A few months passed. Le Coeur de l’Océan was traded for different ship called the Green Dragon. William tried to lay low as much a possible. They reached the East Indies and decided to go to China. Piracy there was a much more common thing and a little less dangerous, because the chance of Liam finding them was tiny.

Buffy still had her dreams and was really scared by them. She noticed that most pirates didn’t know what happened with because they all gave way the same information. But she was still immensely scared by them. Buffy barely showed her face and fulfilled her tasks in silence. It worried William. He saw her becoming whiter with each passing day. One night he decided to talk to her about it.

He found lying in her hammock.
“Buffy?” He said.
“Go away.” Was the firm answer.
“I really need to talk to you.”
Buffy shot up. “Why? What’s wrong? Did something happen?”
William shook his head, “Nothing happened, pet. I’m just worried about, ‘s all.”

“Don’t be.”
“But I am and there’s nothing you can change it. Buffy, love, tell me what’s wrong.” He pleaded with a soft voice.
Her eyes filled with tears. “I can’t tell you. I can’t tell anyone. I might endanger everyone.”

He walked over to her grabbed her hand. It felt cold and tiny. “Just tell me.” He whispered.
Tears rolled down her face. Buffy desperately tried to hold in what she had on her chest. She couldn’t tell him. She couldn’t tell anyone.

William saw the girl fighting against something and squeezed her hand encouragingly. She couldn’t hold any longer. Tears started to fall faster. Finally she managed to choke out, “I’m afraid Liam has the same dreams and will use them to find me. And if he finds me, he’ll kill you.”

She spoke out his very fear. He didn’t dare to admit it at first, but somewhere deep inside him the seed of fright was already planted. It was quiet for a while. Buffy was still sitting up in her hammock. “You thought so too.” She finally said.

William didn’t deny it. He thought so too.
“Then I should leave.” She stated. He looked up at her with fear in his eyes.
“You’re not going anywhere.”

“Will-”
“You have no say in this. You stay here. As long as you’re with us, we know what Angel is up to. We can manage to develop some sort of protection for you. But you if you go, he’ll follow you and then you’re totally unarmed and fragile.” William explained. Buffy wanted to protest at that last comment, but he stopped her. “You’re strong, love, but I feel that you’re safer with us then on your own. And I’m not losing you again.”

Buffy didn’t know what to reply. She knew he was right, but she didn’t want to bring him or any of her friends in danger. They were her family and she loved them. She didn’t what she would do with out them.

“Buffy, pet, look at me. I know you don’t want to bring any of us in danger, but we all love you. And I’m sure every one on this ship wants to protect you. Otherwise you wouldn’t be here. So please stop worrying.”


*^*^*^*^*

A few weeks passed. Most of the crew was informed about Buffy’s condition, but no one spoke about it. She mostly stayed in Williams’s compartment, keeping track of the inventory and writing in the logbook. She wasn’t on duty anymore, just in case.

Buffy first objected, but it was most unlikely that if Liam could see her in his dreams, he could follow what she wrote down.
She rarely talked to anybody, except William and when they did, they talked about their past.

“You remember I always called you Billy.” Buffy said one time.
“Yes, vividly. I didn’t mind that when we were together, but I remember one time that you were very mad with me and you yelled at me in front of all our friends. And you didn’t use my full name, but Billy. That’s how mad you were. And after that everyone called me Billy.” William replied with a grin.
She smiled sweetly and said: “I apologized. But it suited you back then. Now you’re a man. Your name is really William.”

“You know…” He started, “You’re the only still calling me that way.”
“Except for your mother.”
“She never called me William. She always called me Billy, just like you.”
“When was the last time you saw her?” Buffy wondered out loud.

“The day I left. She came to wave me goodbye. She told me to have a safe journey and always think of her. And then I said that I’d never forget her and one day our paths would cross again.” He mumbled softly, “I think on some level she knew we’d never see each other again. I miss her sometimes.”

“I miss her too. After my mom died, I talked a lot with your mom. After my daily trip to the harbour I’d usually stop by the inn. And one day she was gone. I didn’t even know she was ill.”

William suddenly grunted and muttered, “She probably wasn’t. I think my dad took it a step to far. I hate him. I can’t even believe I’m related to him.”
Buffy stroked his hand softly. “You’re nothing like him, Will. You don’t even look like him. You are a spitting image of your mother. In appearances as well as in character.”
“Thanks, sweetheart.” He said with a grateful smile.

*^*^*^*
Next few nights, Buffy’s dream stayed the same. They showed nothing but an endless see. No tortures anymore. Just Liam looking over an endless sea. Sometimes they passed boats or harbours, but nothing of major importance. She started to dream on her own again for some parts of the nights.

One night she dreamt she was walking on the beach in England. She found her self in one of her childhood memories and walked past the young couple that was sitting there. She knew what they were talking about and smiled. Buffy walked on, watching the sun lower in the sea and she saw the two kids go. She walked and walked, until suddenly she tripped over something.

Buffy woke up, smiling of the memory. No Liam, nothing. A strange feeling started to creep over her. She first thought it was joy. Until realisation hit her right in the face. He was here.

TBC

I know you all hate me, because of the cliffhanger thingy. I don't care. If you all review, I'll update extra quick ^_^