Author's Chapter Notes:
So, yay ^_^ The moment has finally arrived. All go yay!

Thanks again for all the lovely reviews. Yes, I'm evil and there will be a lot of evilness.
Chapter 5: You deserve it

Suddenly a soft hand was placed under her chin and lifted her up. She looked directly into two familiar blue eyes.

Buffy took a step back and took up what she saw. William was no longer a boy of fifteen. He was a man. In the 7 years apart he’d became very muscular; his skin was tanned from the work outside; he’d grown several inches; on his hands were several scars and his curly hair had been tamed and slicked back.

She felt overjoyed, but she didn’t show it. She punched and she punched him right on the nose.
“Bloody hell, woman!” William roared, clutching his nose to feel that warm blood was streaming out of it. “What you do that for?”

“For showing up 5 years to late,” she replied calmly, “And for threatening my ship.” She added less convinced.
The man who had found her was still standing there with an amused smile on his face.
“Out you!” he shouted furious at the man. The guy shrugged and left.

She saw him reach for a handkerchief in his pocket and noticed it was the one she’d given him for his birthday.
“You still carry that around?” Buffy asked with certain disbelieve.

William nodded. “Of course, it’s the only thing I have to remember you by.”
It was silent again. She watched him nurturing his nose. She felt a bit guilty for punching him, but not too guilty.

When the bleeding had stopped a bit, William asked her the question she dreaded to answer: “What are you doing here?”

Buffy sighted and was quiet for a while. He looked at her with great expectancy.
“Alright. I’m on my way to get married.”
“To whom are you getting married?” He asked with great interest.

“Liam O’Connor.” She mumbled not looking at her friend.
“WHAT?” William practically screamed, “You’re getting married to ANGEL? The biggest, deceitful scumbag who walks this earth? Please tell me you’re not doing this out of your own free will.”

Buffy got annoyed by this last comment. “And what if I was doing this because I really loved him? What were you planning on doing then?”

“First of all I would say you’re a liar, because no woman in the right mind would marry him out of her own free will. Second of all I would kidnap you and talk some sense into your head.” William declared with a serious look on his face.

She smiled at the sight of it. He would be her savior.
“Well, lucky for you then, my dad arranged it. What are you planning on doing now?”
“Leave this ship and take you with me.” Was the comment.

Buffy smiled, but a thought shot through her head. “Aren’t you afraid that Liam, or Angel as you seem to call him, will come after you? You’re leaving about 50 witnesses. That’s not good. And no, you’re not gonna kill them all.”

William had to think about that. The only option he saw was to pick her up at midnight, but then he still had the chance to get caught.

“We could ask Giles to help.” She finally concluded.
“Giles? Who is he?” William said with suspicion in his voice.
“No one you should be worrying about. He’s my friend on this ship and happily married. Get that?”

“Alright. I’ll go and get him.” He stood up and walked out of the compartment. Buffy was alone and finally had a moment to register what had happened. She was going to be safe and even better, she had William back. William! Her William!

She still had to find out where he had been all those years. But once she was on his ship, she’d be safe. Buffy felt happy and hopeful.

After a few minutes, Giles and William came back in.
“Buffy? What’s going?” Giles asked bewildered. William had taken place behind Buffy, standing close to her. Before he could say anything Buffy told the old man: “You remember the man I told you about?”

Giles nodded slowly, noticing what she wanted to say.
“This is him,” she continued, “And he offered to help me escape. We have only one problem, how can we leave?”
He looked like he was about to faint. “Buffy, can I talk to you for a moment. Alone?” He emphasized the last word.
William shrugged and left the cabin.

“Do you realize what you are doing? You’re about to risk your life!” Giles cried.
“I totally trust William. He’d never do anything to hurt me and he’s not going to let anyone hurt me,” She calmed Giles, “Pirate or not, he’s a trustworthy man. And he loves me.”

William, who was standing just outside, followed the conversation.
“Do you love him?” Giles asked with a piercing voice.
“You know the answer Giles. I’d follow him till the end of the world. Just don’t him that. He’s got to earn it.” She said it without a doubt in the world.
William smiled at that remark.

“Alright, since this is your best option and you’re rather sure of yourself I’ll help you.” Giles concluded.
Buffy hugged him tightly and muttered: “Thank you!”

*^*^*^*^*^*

To escape took several weeks. The best option to escape was at night when the ship wasn’t sailing. And the only time it wasn’t sailing was when it was lying in the harbor. Giles knew that before they’d reach America, they’d make one last stop on the island St. Lucia, to drop of some of the cargo.
William followed the ship from a great distance and made sure he wasn’t seen.

The first night, the ship was harboring the crew was still on board. They could leave next day to shore.
It was in the night that most of the men were on shore that William and a few of his men sneaked in.

When it was almost time, Giles came to pick Buffy up from her compartment.
“Are you ready?” He asked quietly.
Buffy merely nodded. She had been waiting for this moment for such a long time. And now the time had arrived, she was really scared.

“Come on.” Giles urged and pulled her up by her arm. With a gentle nudge, he pushed her to the door. Together they slowly walked to the quarterdeck.
Just like he thought, no one was near the quarterdeck. Softly talking they waited for William.

All of a sudden, an owl was hooting softly. Buffy looked down and saw him in a small rowing boat. Giles hooted back and let a long rope fall down. He tied it rigid to the railing and let it hang behind the back of the ship.

Buffy had been on the look out, but couldn’t spy any one who noticed them. She walked back to Giles and looked down. “Am I supposed to climb down?” she asked dryly.
He nodded, “It’s not that far.”

Buffy chuckled, because Giles seemed to think she was scared about the climbing.
“I’m not worried about the height. I’m worried that Liam will catch me and bring out his promise. And on the way, he might kill William and his crew.”

She looked down again and gave the sign she was ready.
“This is it,” She announced, “Thank you for everything.”
Giles smiled and embraced her. “It’s okay.”
“I left some extra money in your working space. It’s behind the jars with herbs.”

Buffy left behind her belongings, except the dress and the cloak she was wearing, the ring her mother gave her before she died and some money.

When she was sure everything was safe, Buffy climbed over the railing at the back of the ship and made way to William. For a moment she felt like was 13 again and she enjoyed that feeling.

Giles was on the look out. When he was sure that Buffy was in the boat, he untied the rope and threw it overboard. “Goodbye.” He whispered and walked away slowly.

As soon as she had reached the boat with her feet, two strong hands grabbed her by her middle and lifted her up, to put her safely on a bench.

When she wanted to say anything, it was made clear she wasn’t allowed to speak, until they were out of the harbor.
William gave out quiet orders to the other two men who were aboard and slowly they made way. Buffy couldn’t see where they were going, but she knew it was further away from the dreaded ship. When she looked back, it was still lying silently. Buffy knew that tomorrow there would be hell.

Outside the harbor, the tension lighted and the three men started speaking to one another. No one really seemed to pay attention to Buffy. She didn’t mind. Her head was registration what had happened that night.

“Do you think she’ll manage on the ship?” one of the men asked their captain.
“Of course she’ll manage. I know her and I also know that beneath the fancy clothing lies a brave girl dying to wake up.”
“Okay, if you say so…”
“I know so!” William objected.

“Uhm…guys, I know you’re talking about me, but take notice that when you talk about some one when the person in question is present, you should whisper.” Buffy commented dryly.

The three men looked at her with astounded expression.
William soon recovered and smiled brightly.
“At least she’s not afraid to make smart remarks.” One of the other men mumbled.

“She also hit me one the nose.” William said, almost proud.
“Why?”
“He deserved it.”