PART 7

Buffy was locked in the bathroom, waiting eagerly for the test result; while Willow and Dawn were waiting outside, as eager as her.
“ I wonder why at the end Andrew forced Xander to go with them… as he was afraid of being alone with Spike…” Dawn commented, smiling.
“ Oh, my god, it’s blue, IT’S BLUUUUUEE!!! “ Buffy screamed, running outside and hugging them.
“ Alright! I’m gonna be Aunt!” Dawn exclaimed, hugging her back.
“ And I’m gonna be…” Willow said, but she stopped at half sentence.
“ You also can say ‘ Aunt ‘, Will: you all guys are all my family and I love you as a sister, that makes you an Aunt for all practical purposes!” Buffy assured her, smiling.
“ Oh Buffy, thank you! You know I love you, too and I’m so happy, this is a miracle! When are you gonna tell Spike the big news?” the red head wondered.
“ Will, this is a very big deal: if I tell him I must be 110% sure! A home-test isn’t enough, I need to see a doctor first…!” she explained.
“ Well, sister, we were a little bit more optimistic than you ‘bout the test, so we have already booked a visit for you for next week, happy?” Dawn informed her.
“ Girls, what could I do without you?” Buffy thanked them.
She heard someone knocking at the door, and as the others went to open, Buffy hurried to hide the test, dreading it was Spike, already back.
But she calmed down when she realized it was Cordelia.
“ Buffy! Oh, you’re not alone… Hi Will, hi Dawnie.. anyway, he did it!” the brunette exclaimed enthused as ever, unbuttoning the first buttons of her shirt.
Willow and Dawn looked at each other wondering what had possessed her; only Buffy seemed to understand her behaviour.
“ Angel bit me! Look!” she said, showing proudly the two little red punctures between her neck and her shoulder.
“ What? Angel bit you?! Oh my God, it’s terrible, he lost his soul again!” Willow commented alarming.
“ There’s nothing to worry about, Will! Believe me, a bite isn’t always a negative or a bad thing…” Buffy calmed her down.
“ I’m happy for you two, Cordy!” the blonde exulted.
“ Could anyone explain to me what’s happening? Why isn’t Cordelia scared and why are you happy for them?” Dawn snapped, understanding less and less.
“ Because it means that Angel loves her and she loves him, so much that she trusted him in his way to show her his love..” her sister explained to her, congratulating with Cordelia once again.
“ Well, I’m happy for you, Cordy, but I don’t understand anyway: my Andy is much better, without this biting thing… I’ll leave you talking ‘bout your lovers’ fangs, bye!” Dawn commented, leaving.
“ I’ll go, too. I also congratulate you, Cordy, but Dawn has got some points… I prefer normal stuff… well, not so normal… sometimes, I make my Kenny levitate … anyway, see ya, girls!”
“ Finally alone!” the brunette commented.
“ Buffy, you were right: it’s astonishing and it doesn’t hurt, and I’m also getting so accustomed to those yellow eyes…” she sighed.
“ I know what you mean, Cordy, believe me! And now, tell me everything!”
------------------------------------------------------------------------
A WEEK LATER

Buffy had still to recover from the shock after the visit at the doctor; but she knew it was nothing compared to the reaction Spike would have had.
It was enough the simple turning of the key in the lock to make Spike rush to the door.
“ Welcome back, love!” he greeted her with a kiss who took her breath away.
“ If not seeing me for a morning has this effect on you…. Well, we should be apart more often!” she commented, passing satisfied a finger on her lips.
“ Don’t like to be far away from you, you know it, after that bloody journey with Whelps Number One and Number Two, it seemed I had shown you properly!” he explained, as he led her to their bedroom.
“ Spikey, are you happy?” she asked, closing the door.
“ Of course I am, pet. Now, I’ve got everything I’ve always dreamed about…” he answered, not understanding the reason of that question.
“ So, you don’t miss anything? Not a single thing? Are you sure?” she insisted.
“ Well, there would be … no, never mind, it’s impossible!”
“ Luv, don’t I look a bit fatter to you?” she smiled, getting closer.
“ Just a little bit, but you’re always beautiful … but… Oh, my God! Buffy, are you trying to tell me that… although I know it’s not possible, we’re going to have a baby?” he asked, with the most dreaming and hopeful look.
“ No, honey, we’re not going to have a baby…” she said, reading clearly the delusion in his eyes and the loss of hope after hearing that answer.
“… we are going to have * two babies *, a male and a female (*)! I’ve just had the doctor’s confirmation, sorry if I didn’t tell you before, I had to be sure, didn’t want to upset you if it wasn’t true…” she explained radiating with joy.
Spike was beyond himself with happiness and he lifted her in his arms, twirling in the room. “ Buffy, it’s incredible… Me… a daddy ! I still wonder how it can be though…”
“ Maybe it came included in your ‘ soul package ‘!” she laughed, kissing him. “ Just when?” he asked, covering her face with kisses.
“ That night at the beach, before coming back here…” Buffy explained.
“ See, my love? You complained ‘bout us not having any memories there… and now we have two wonderful and amazing ones…” he whispered, caressing tenderly her belly that started to be more prominent and round.
“ There’s a thing I want you to know, before saying what I’m gonna saying…” he warned her seriously.
“ What?”
“ Now, Angel has a permanent soul…”
“ So?” she smiled
“ I already knew, Cordy told me, I’m just happy for them, but it doesn’t change anything: I love Y-O-U, William!” she exclaimed, kissing him.
Suddenly, he knelt, taking her hand.
“ You know, if we are going to have babies, they deserve a real family…” he explained, taking off his ring with the skull.
“ Remember that night that Red messed up with magic?”
She confined herself just to nod, too moved to speak.
“ Well, now there’s not any spell, it’s what I feel, what I really want: marry me, Buffy, and make me the happiest man on Earth!” he declared, slipping the ring on her finger.
“ Spiiiiiiiiike! It’s wonderful! I don’t know what to say…” the blond murmured.
“ Just say yes..”
“ Yes, oh yes, YES!” she exulted, hugging and kissing him passionately.
“ Spikey?”
“ Mm?”
“ This time you have no excuses: we’ll do the Ceremony at the park!”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“… so, we’ll get married soon!” Buffy told Xander, Anya, Cordelia, Dawn and Willow the day after.
Before talking with them, Buffy had talked with Angel, because she wanted to give him the news as tactfully as she could; but the vampire had accepted the news very easily: after all, he also was a dad, besides, his feelings towards Cordelia were growing stronger day by day.
“ Buffy, it’s fantastic, you’ll marry Spike!” Dawn exulted, hugging her.
“ You know, I’m happy for the babies and everything… but don’t you dare to get married before Xander and me!” Anya summoned her, before Xander could stop her.
“ Don’t worry, Anya, you’ll be the first bridge, I promise!” Buffy assured, shaking her head in resignation.
She adored her spontaneity … but sometimes she exaggerated.
“ Speaking of babies, have you already thought about their names?” Willow wondered.
“ Actually, Spike decided for both of them, and I let him do… I really like his choices; he said he named them as two people whom he owes a lot to…. But Mr. Mystery didn’t tell me who they were…”

TBC

(*)Author’s note: Maribel, one of my betas, kindly made me notice that it's not possible to know the sex before the 5th month, and if the mother is pregnant with twins before 8 weeks... but , just like the title of my story says... let's pretend it's possible!! ;)