EPILOGUE (PART2)


“ Daddy, Mommy!” they cheered.
Liam was a cute little boy with curly brown hair and with the same sculpted cheek bones of his dad, but he had inherited his eyes color from his mom; while Nikki was a very pretty little girl with long golden locks and deep blue eyes.
Giles also reached them.
“ So, how did the Parent-Teachers meeting go?” he wondered, cleaning his glasses: some habits never change!
“ Quite well, after all… maybe this Missy should better not to talk so much about Mommy and Daddy’s past!” Buffy smiled, lifting up Nikki.
“ See? Your bloody mouth will bloody get us into bloody trouble!” Liam exclaimed, sticking his tongue out to his sister.
Spike took him in his arms, rolling his eyes .
“ My little devil, don’t think your mouth is better, and you know I don’t mean just the talking! By the way, don’t you remember the long chat we had about how bad is that word?” Spike said, with a blaming tone.
“ So, now * who* is in the trouble?” Nikki said, sticking out her tongue to her brother.
“ But you… “ the kid protested, ignoring his sister and turning to his dad, but his mom stopped him.
“ Believe me, sweetie, Daddy not always does the right thing!” she smiled, caressing his hair, as they all got in the house.
“ Buffy, I’m sorry to tell you, but Nikki did it again…” Giles informed her.
“… this time I caught her just in time… I ‘m becoming too old for such a thing…”
“ But Grandpa! You promised…” the little girl complained.
“ I know, honey, but she must know, it’s for your own good! Don’t worry, sweetie, I promise Grandpa will make you forgive him!” he said, before leaving, but the little girl didn’t seem convinced.
“ Nikki, tell me you didn’t go again in my room, looking for stakes and that you didn’t try to escape to go to the graveyard…” Buffy said, looking deeply into her eyes.
“ No, Mommy..”
But Buffy carried on staring at her in disbelief.
“ Well, yes… I tried to escape, but no, I didn’t get in your room again… I saved some stakes the last time..” her little daughter confessed, looking at the floor.
“ NIKKI JOYCE SUMMERS, you MUSTN’T go there, NEVER, it’s very, very DANGEROUS, and you don’t want Mom and Dad to be worried, do you?” her mother scolded her.
“ But I wanna dust vamps, vamps are bad…” the little lady protested.
“ Just * every * vamp? All of them, really, really?” Spike asked, with a very funny voice, approaching her and pouting, pretending to be insulted.
“ No, you are not; you’re my Daddy!” Nikki chuckled, giving to her mom understand to let her go to jump in her daddy’s arms that still held Liam on the other side.
“ And neither is Uncle Angel..” Nikki added.
“ Yeah, but Daddy is stronger than Uncle Angel, Daddy is stronger than anyone!” the little boy struck back, hugging him.
“ Daddy is the best!” his sister confirmed, kissing his cheek.
Buffy observed softly the whole scene: she would have never thought that her future would give her such a wonderful family!
“ Speaking of Uncle Angel, next week we all are going to L.A.: Auntie Dawn called to invite us to your cousin Jonathan’s baptism!” Buffy informed them, and it was hard to figure out which of the two kids cheered the most.
“ It seems only yesterday that Andrew and she got married, instead it’s already been three years!”
“ It’s good to know that my threats still work even with the soul!” Spike muttered with a smirk, putting their children down.
His wife had heard him.
“ What?” she questioned, looking at him suspiciously.
“ Uhmm.. nothing! It’s just something between Whelp Number Two and me!” he answered.
“ He’s almost thirty years old and you still call him ‘ Whelp ‘!” Buffy rolled her eyes.
“ Alright! We’ll see everyone again!” Nikki jumped happily.
“ Well, let’s hope Cecily forgave us!” Liam muttered.

Cecily was Anya and Xander ’s daughter who was born about one year after Nikki and Liam.
Actually, Anya would have liked to call her Halfreck, but his husband had insisted for a ‘ more human ‘ name; so the two of them had reached an agreement, calling her with the name Anya ’s friend had before becoming a Vengeance Demon.
Xander was the manager of a building contractor’s company, while his wife had opened a magic shop with Willow, in memory of the good old ‘ Magic Box ‘.
Kennedy and Willow were still together, and the ex- Slayer worked in a gym and she also taught in some self defence evening classes.

Angel still kept going on with his Investigation’s agency with his fellows, while Cordelia had managed to make her biggest dream come true: she was an actress but only for Theatres, not movies, it was enough to see only one of her performances to realize how much she loved her job.
In fact, Theatre Companies vied to have her in their shows.
Her visions hadn’t left her, but they were less frequent.
Sometimes, Andrew and she happened to work together, because he had become a professional set designer, although his biggest dream remained to direct a movie.
Dawn attended the last year at university, before getting a degree in Medicine: she must have had inherited from her sister the desire to help people.

After years of research, spells and most of all a gentle intercession of the ‘ Powers That Be ‘, Angel could also age again.
Anyway, the two ones that had passed hadn’t changed him very much, just as Cordelia still looked like the twenty two years old cheerful secretary who worked for him. People wondered which her secret was.
The two brunettes loved each other madly and Connor loved her as a mother.
By then, he attended the second year at Middle school and he was a dashing young man.
He got along with Nikki, whom he was a sugar with, while with Liam it was a never ending argue!

“ Why? What have you two been up to, little menaces?” Spike asked, crossing his arms.
“ You know… the last time we saw her, we hid a bunny soft toy under Cecily’s bed, just for fun… but when she discovered it, she began screaming like mad, running to her mom, but then Auntie Anya also screamed as her, maybe more! I mean, it was just a bunny, not a lion, and it was fake!” Liam said.
“ Like mother, like daughter!” Buffy chuckled.
“ Anyway, it was his idea!” Nikki defended, pointing at her brother.
“ But you agreed!” the other struck back.
“ I guess you are both guilty, so the first thing you’ll do is apologize with Cecily!” Spike ordered, although he was about to laugh.
“ Ok, so, maybe Auntie Anya will still let us play ‘ the happy clerks ‘ …” Nikki commented.
“ Play ‘ the What ’ again?” Buffy asked curious.
“ Well, last time we were with her, Auntie Willow was away, so she kept us in the shop all day long, making us help her to carry cartoons full of odd stuff, persuading people to buy things and also clean the shop at the end…” the little girl explained happily.
“ You are telling me that she made you * work for her *? Bloo..”
Buffy threw daggers at him with her eyes, before he could finish his favourite exclamation, that would have been a bad example for the kids, especially for Liam.
“ Bloomy … Bell!” he corrected himself at the last second, although those two words didn’t give him the same satisfaction.
“ No one exploits my kids!” he growled, and the two children cheered at the same time, turning to their mom.
“ Ah, ah! Daddy’s making the Funny-Face again!”

--------------------------------------------------------------
After taking their two little treasures to bed, Buffy and Spike headed towards their bedroom.
“ I love our kids, I love you and finally I love my life, do you know that?” she exclaimed, hugging and kissing him with the same passion of the previous years.
“ Yeah, I know, you’re becoming way too repetitive… but I like this kind of repetitiveness…” he murmured, kissing her back and laying her down on the bed, upon him.
“ I’m thinking about a new story to write…” he informed her, as he took her T-shirt off.
“ Uhmm.. tell me ‘bout it…” she incited him, undoing his blue jeans: hair wasn’t the only thing he had changed in his look.
“ Well, there’s a thief, a very skilful one, extremely good-looking, of course, and famous for looting whole towns, until he meets a beautiful police-woman..” he told her, lowering the zip of her salopette.
“ They chase each other restlessly, but she never manages to arrest him…” he kept talking as she took off his ice blue sweater, that did nothing but setting off his eyes.
“ Then, another thief, a mad and insane one, comes in town, so they join forces to prevent him from… doing the greatest robbery of our time… as it was a kind of.. end of the world!”
Buffy chuckled, remembering the night of their truce against Angelus.
“ So, do they defeat him?” she wondered, covering his face with kisses.
“ Mm.. of course, they succeed. So, the thief begins helping the police-woman more frequently, stopping stealing, until he falls in love with her, and he can tell she likes him, too!” he commented with a smirk, kissing her neck as he talked.
“ But they can’t stay together, because she can’t trust him completely, and she is afraid he will resume stealing again. Plus… her district doesn’t accept him, due to his past, although he repented!”
“ Oh, poor thief! And then, what happens?” she asked, as she massaged his shoulders and chest.
“ Due to his love for that girl, he leaves town and tries his best to reach his goal: so, after a while, he comes back with a .. badge. He’s not a real policeman, but it’s like he is!” he explained, grabbing her by the shoulders and rolling on the top.
“ Well, just tell me there’s a happy ending!” she purred, as he showed her how much he loved her.
“ Oh, pet, it couldn’t finish better: his beloved policewoman and he finally can stay together… and so they lived happily ever after!”

--
THE END