"I can’t believe Warren isn’t doing something … more with his life," Willow says as they exit the arcade. "I mean, the guy’s actually kinda good at this inventing thing, what with the bot’s he did and this baby," Buffy ducks quickly to the side when the redhead lifts and points the invisibility ray gun in her direction. "He could be making a fortune instead of … what the heck is it they are again?"

"My arch nemesises … nemeses, apparently," the blonde sighs and rakes a hand through her hair as she contemplates that fact. "I am the Slayer. A vampire slayer. Vamps and demons are my enemies. Human losers we went to high school and college with are not supposed to be working against me."

"It’s a wacky Hellmouth we live on," the redhead commiserates.

"I really need to move," she states wryly before changing the subject. "It was pretty neat, you finding the van and figuring all this stuff out," she comments with her arms wrapping around herself at the cool air chills her without her coat. "How d’ya manage to … do it exactly? I mean," they begin walking toward home, "figure it all out?"

"The hard and old-fashioned Willow way. Spell-free computer hacking and lots of leg work. That good old ‘oh-my-god-my-head’s-gonna-fall-off-and-my-feet-are-killing-me way of discovering things," the redhead answers with a grimace before sitting down on the curb. "I don’t know how I got through this day."

"Welcome to my world," she sighs and sits down next to her friend. "The important thing is that you did. We both did."

"How are you doing with the post-invisibleness?"

"Tired," she shrugs then rolls her head around to loosen her taut shoulder muscles. "I’ve got some major damage control from the giddy-fest I kinda had. I managed to get that social services bitch taken off my case, which is a plus, but I don’t know how I’m ever gonna be able to look at Xander again now that I’m all visible and capable of being seen with the blushing."

"What happened with Xander?" Willow looks at her worriedly.

"Um … right," she smiles weakly. "You kinda don’t know about any of that. Can I just say he sorta caught me in a compromising situation and leave the details for tomorrow?" she ventures hopefully.

"It’s not gonna be something serious, is it?" her friend asks nervously.

"I don’t know," she says quietly as thoughts of what she and Spike currently had going on fill her head. "I don’t want it to be, but … it could be. It’s definitely … weird," she sighs and rubs her chilled arms.

"Weird how? ‘Cause around here we kinda get a lot of weirdness."

"I’m sleeping with Spike," she blurts out.

"You’re … Huh?" the redhead blinks at her in puzzlement or disbelief or both.

"I’m sleeping with Spike and I was with him today as part of my little giddy-fest and that’s when Xander found me to tell me about how this little holiday from me was a bad killing me kind of thing and that’s kind of why I don’t think I’m gonna be able to ever face him again," she says in a rush.

"Oh. Ok. Are my ears really hearing you say that you and Spike are …?" her expression changes repeatedly as she struggles to find a word.

"Yeah. We’re shagging as he would say," the Slayer fidgets uncomfortably at this very awkward convo. "I guess that’s kind of a better way to say it than ‘sleeping together’ ‘cause we’ve yet to actually do much of the sleeping part. Unless you count the first time, but that was really more collapsing from exhaustion than sleeping," she thinks aloud.

"Uh-huh," Willow’s nodding slowly beside her. "Shagging … you and Spike. Spike and … you … shagging," she says a few times until it sinks in. "Yeah, that’s definitely weird. And Xan …"

"Caught us in the act at Spike’s crypt," she answers before being asked.

"Wow. O. Kay. Yeah," she looks over to see the Wiccan nodding and blinking several times. "Yeah, this is definitely a conversation that can wait to happen."

"Is it really … that weird?"

"You and Spike," her friend’s brow furrows deeply in thought as she thinks the news over. "Actually," she says after a very long and awkward silence, "not so much. He’s been into you … forever and the two of you have always had the very noticeable sparkage between you. It’s just a bit of a surprise to have it … an actual fact. Do you, uh, love him?"

"No," she replies automatically before sighing, looking at the other woman then away. "I don’t know. I don’t even know if I know what love is anymore," she fidgets a bit then looks into Will’s emerald eyes. "Would it be wrong … if I do?"

"No. Not wrong. He’s not the same pers-vampire he used to be. Your … dying … it changed him. Kinda really changed us all," she says kind of to herself before continuing. "He really does love you and if you love him back," her friend smiles reassuringly, "I really don’t think there’d be anything wrong with that."

Bolstered greatly by those simple words Buffy smiles back then rises to her feet.

"Let’s get home," she offers her friend a hand up before they begin trudging tiredly toward Revello Drive.

~*~*~

"So she’s not gonna really dissolve?" Spike turns from the stove with a reassuring smile at Dawn’s question.

"No, nibblet, she’s not dissolving. Harris, as usual, didn’t have his facts straight," he tells her convincingly as he returns his attention to the milk he’s heating. "Your sis is fine and she’ll be home with Red in no time," he hopes.

A moment later he shuts the burner off and removes the pot to pour the hot milk into the two mugs sitting on the counter. He quickly stirs in liberal amounts of cocoa then adds lots of mini marshmallows to each cup.

"Mmm," the little brat appears beside him and with a bright smile takes the extra marshmallowy mug he’d mentally had marked as his. "It’s been too long since we did this," she says a bit wistfully as she takes the cup and returns to sitting at the center island in her kitchen. "I miss it."

He tosses a few more marshmallows into the hot chocolate he was left with then moves to lean against the counter while watching her.

"Haven’t had much time for cocoa of late," he says quietly while taking a sip of the hot liquid.

"There’s always time for cocoa," she looks at him with a milky mustache above her frowning lips from the beverage she too had been drinking. "It’s like Jell-O. And there’s always room for Jell-O."

"That right?" he gives her an affectionate smirk and moves to wipe away the mustache. "Got some on your lip," he explains his actions.

"Not the only one," she snickers and stares pointedly at his mouth.

"Brat," he playfully taps her chin with his fist then goes back to drinking his cocoa without worrying about his own mustache.

"Why don’t we do this anymore?" she asks seriously after a few moments of silent sipping. "I hardly ever get to see you now," she stares down into her mug. "I mean, yeah, you were there for me when this," she raises her sling covered arm to indicate the injury she’d received last week, "happened, but … we never hang out anymore," she sighs one of those weary teenager sighs. "No one hangs out with me anymore."

"My crypt’s no place for a young girl like you, bit," he says a bit regretfully. "Buffy’s right in not wanting you hangin’ ‘round there."

"Why don’t you come over here anymore? You used to. When she was … gone … you’d hang out here like all the time," she gives him an extremely guilt inducing sad puppy dog look. "It was fun."

"Things are different now, nibblet," he finishes off his cocoa and stares down into the empty mug.

"Do they have to be?" she says quietly. "Everything’s changing and it should all be for the better because Buffy’s back, but it isn’t. She’s back and she hates it and Willow’s gone all crazy with the magic and Tara’s left and you’re never here anymore and … it’s just getting worse," he looks up in time to see the moisture wetting her eyes and the telling quiver of her lower lip. "I hate this."

"Ah, Dawn," he put the cup down with a sigh then moves to hug the girl. "Things will get better," he assures her with a hand stroking over her brown hair as she presses her face into his chest. "Looks grim now, sure, but things are still settling. Gonna take some time after all that’s happened."

"You suck at lying," she informs him with a sniffle.

"Do not," he looks down at her affronted. "And I wasn’t lying. If I’d said, ‘Cheer up, luv, things’ll be all better and back to normal before you know it,’ that would be lying. I just said things’ll get better and it’ll take some time. That’s the bloody truth," he says firmly.

"Can I hear the lie?" she smiles weakly up at him and he chuckles.

"I don’t know," Buffy suddenly surprises them both by saying from the doorway, "what normal was then or is now to get back to, but thing will get better. Spike’s right," he meets her gaze over the bit’s head and she gives him a small smile before focusing on her little sister. "It is going to take time, though. And effort from all of us," she moves forward to stroke the teen’s shoulder with her eyes again meeting his then looking back toward the doorway where Willow was standing nervously.

"You’re really ok?" Dawn asks as she moves from his arms to stare uncertainly at the Slayer. "Xander said you’d been made invisible and whatever did it was making you fade away," he sees her lip do that ‘tears imminent’ quivering thing again.

"He …," the blonde looks to him for info on what’s going on.

"The stupid git left a message on your bloody answering machine about his little theory and the bit here heard it, got all upset and called the Magic Box wanting to know what was going on," he explains. "Came over to let her know he didn’t know jack and wait with her till you got home."

"Oh," she blinks at that. "Thanks," he sighs at how genuinely surprised she is at his gesture even after all he’s done to show he truly cares for the li’l bit. "Well, as you can see," she looks at her sister and stroke a strand of the teenager’s hair back, "I’m fine. All in one solid and clearly visible piece," she smiles as the girl hugs her tightly to confirm that fact. "Now I believe it’s your bedtime," she pulls back to remind her sibling with a firm look. "Can’t have you oversleeping tomorrow and being late for school yet again," she sighs.

"Yeah, yeah," the brunette groans then gives him a look over her shoulder. "Thanks for the hot chocolate," she tells him with a smile before facing her sis again. "You’re not … mad that he’s here, are you?"

"No," the Slayer smiles at them both. "I’m not mad."

Happy with that the girl rushes off to get to bed and Willow mumbles something about ‘terribly sore feet’ before quietly turning away with the apparent intention of going upstairs herself.

"So," he clears his throat as soon as they’re alone and rakes a slightly nervous hand through his hair. "Told ya this’d all work itself out."

"Yeah, you’re not gonna believe how it happened," she sighs and shakes her head with a rueful smile. "I’m the one it happened to and I was there the whole time yet even I cannot believe it."

"Hair looks good," he crosses his arms over his chest and leans back against the fridge as the shaking of her head draws attention to her new haircut.

"Thanks," she runs a hand over the shortened strands. "It, uh, still kinda does that bouncy thing you said you like."

"Have to see about that," he gives her a leer that lets her know he’s thinking ahead to a time when he can watch her riding his cock again to see the hair bouncing with the movements of her body.

"I …," she seems to be searching for something to say and her eyes begin to wander around the kitchen as she’s not finding the words. "Any chance I could get some of that cocoa?" she asks suddenly as her gaze lands on Dawn’s empty mug.

He blinks at the request then after a moment moves away from the refrigerator to open the door and get more milk to heat.

"Actually," he stops with his fingers hovering over the carton as her hand settles on his shoulder, "I was wanting," she urges him to stand upright while shutting the fridge door and turning him to face her, "this."

Her eyes flicker up to meet his for a moment as she places both hands on his shoulders and rises up on tip toe. Then her attention goes to his mouth as she moves her face toward his then parts her lips for her tongue to slide out and lick away the chocolate milk mustache he’d forgotten about. She finishes lapping up the residue with a light smacking of her lips and she savors the taste and with a slight growl of arousal he wraps his arms around her waist to haul her body again his.

Fiercely turned on by her simple gesture he claims her lips hungrily and turns them until she’s pressed between the refrigerator and his hard frame. A shudder goes through him as she moans in delight at his ardor while sliding her fingers up into his hair and beginning to run her left foot up and down his denim covered calf. His mind and body are painfully reminded of what Xander had interrupted a few hours ago making him forget where they are and the fact there’s a pretty serious discussion they should be having right now in favor of immersing himself in her warmth embrace.

When she pulls back to breathe he readily diverts his attentions to her neck, a smooth column of soft flesh that he loves to explore with fingers, lips, teeth and tongue. He runs a hand down to her thigh to pull her leg up over his hip and angle her hips better against his increasing arousal. Without further encouragement she brings her other leg up to completely encircle his waist as she recovers her breath and drags his mouth back to hers with a moan.

His hand glides from her thigh up under the hem of her shirt to drift over her warm torso until it settles over a firm breast. They both react with sounds of pleasure as he grips the mound then massages it with his fingers while their tongue twist and glide together.

Her head tips back, breaking the kiss, so one of those keening wails of delight could escape her parted lips and he immediately goes back to lavishing attention on her neck as his hand shifts to the other breast. The hard little nubs of her nipples drag across his skin, begging for more attention and he pulls back to impatiently yank the top off and uncover her tits for his mouth to explore along with his hand.

"Yes," she moans loudly with her hands tightening at the back of his head as he lowers it again to her neck then moves it downward.

"I so can’t believe I forgot to ask this," he freezes while inwardly cursing more fluently than he had when Harris interrupted them earlier at his crypt. "How’d things go with that lady from soc …," Dawn’s voice trails off as she apparently re-enters the kitchen. "Whoa … are you guys making out?"