Author's Chapter Notes:
Im_bloody_English and I are thrilled by your reviews and your support to this new turn the story is taking and we hope you keep on enjoying it. This chapter will answer some of your questions regarding the dream, but not all, we’re evil like that. ;) Thank you: Im_bloody_English, TammyAsh666, Kimmie, Amelia-Jane, slayercaro, cordykitten and Crystal Pegasus for reviewing. Our muses love to know that you enjoy all their hard work. *lol*
Chapter XII. While You Were Sleeping

A little while earlier…

He couldn’t help himself. Okay, maybe he could, he just didn’t want to. When the Slayer headed home after patrol, he waited a good ten minutes before following her to Revello Drive. Part of him said it was only because he was worried that a Frakor demon might attack her on the way and she would need his help. A bigger part of him though was still seething with jealousy from the information both Giles and Joyce had given him concerning ‘Mr. I’m Long Dead and Gone’. No amount of fighting or the snarky comments he’d shot her way had eased his irritation over knowing she had been exchanging love letters with a guy who’d been six feet under for over a hundred or so years.

How could she even think about having any kind of relationship with this ponce? This ‘William’, if indeed that was his name, was dead, while he was right here in the present. Sure, he was technically dead too, but at least he was here physically, patrolling with her every night, backing her up, making sure she stayed safe. He didn’t know what was worse, that he was forced to put up with her or that she didn’t appreciate it.

As he rounded a street corner, he caught sight of a vampire trying to make a midnight snack out of some young pretty thing that was too stupid to be at home this time of night. He approached him from the rear and tapped him on the shoulder.

“You,” he pointed to the frightened girl, “Go home.” He waited until she took off running then addressed the pissed off looking vampire. “You,” he shifted into game face, “time to dance.” He landed a right hook that sent the confused vampire flying.

The fledging stood and cried out. “What the hell is wrong with you? You’re a vampire, too.”

“And the man wins himself a cupie doll,” Spike replied sarcastically. “So yeah, I’m a vampire, what of it?” He approached him as the annoying git stood rubbing his chin.

“I mean we’re supposed to stick together and instead you let my meal go free.”

He took a sloppy swing which Spike easily evaded. Dropping to the ground he kicked the vampire’s legs out from underneath him, enjoying the sound of a bone cracking when he hit the ground hard.

“I don’t play by any unspoken rules if you couldn’t tell. As for your meal?” Standing over him, he delivered a kick to his side, satisfied when he heard at least a couple ribs break. “Bag it like I have to.” He kicked him again rather than stake him while defenseless. He could use another fight to vent more of the same frustration he’d felt all night. Only this time he could draw it out now that the slayer was home. It may not make everything he was feeling go away, but it damn sure would take the edge off to beat the bloke senseless in the process. Especially now that Buff—er, the Slayer wasn’t around to tell him to quit ‘playing around’ and just dust him.

“I mean, who the hell does she think she is?” The other vamp groaned in response, trying again to get up, taking in unneeded breaths.

“I’m here. Me,” he poked a finger into his chest. “Every night,” he waved a hand towards the night. “Out there with her on patrol, watching her back. Not him.” He waited for the injured fledgling to right himself then swung an arm around him as if they were buddies. “I write poetry too, ya know? I’m also dead like he is, so what’s he got that I don’t?”

The vamp merely shrugged, completely perplexed at this point.

“I’ll tell ya what he’s got.” He gave him an undercut to the chin with his left fist. “Her,” and another, “Bloody.” And another, “Attention. That’s what,” and another before using the arm around his neck to bring his face down onto his knee.

“OWW, you broke my fuckin’ nose, you lunatic.” He clutched the bleeding appendage and stared at Spike as he stood there smiling like a madman. “Who are you talking about anyway?”

Spike laughed, “Her, Buffy, the Slayer. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” He threw his hands up in the air. “She’s supposed to be my third slayer, one good day. And now?” He shook his head in disbelief. “I’m competing with a dead guy.”

The other vamp used the time Spike spent in nonsensical ranting to launch himself at the master vampire. It was of no use, Spike’s speed and skill from years of fighting had him sidestepping his opponent’s move, sending him sprawling onto the cement of the sidewalk.

Spike turned to look at the stupid demon as if he hadn’t tried to attack him at all. “Well, not anymore.” He’d had enough; it was time he got to her house instead of playing around with a creature who couldn’t even offer him a decent chance to show off his skills. Taking the stake from his duster, he threw it straight at the demon’s heart, sneering as he watched him turn to dust.

“Yeah, time to go to the Slayer’s house.” Retrieving his stake, he swaggered cockily towards her house while lighting a cigarette. He wasn’t sure what he’d do once he was there and found her safe and sound. Maybe he’d hang around for a bit, perhaps try and get a peek into that secret drawer once he was sure she was asleep, see if he could ‘intercept’ another of her love letters from the git, see what was getting her knickers all twisted up over ‘nancy-boy’.

*~*~*

Meanwhile, in Buffy’s room

William ground his cock into her, little mewling noises escaping her mouth at how deliciously he fit between her thighs, how heavenly it felt to have his body so close to hers as it drove her higher and higher until she almost touched the stars. She’d never felt anything quite like this, even if her treacherous mind kept saying that she had. But how could she? It was like he was burning her from within, like she couldn’t get enough of him, that they couldn’t be close enough.

Completely out of the blue, he stopped kissing her, somehow dislodging her legs from around his waist and settling her on the floor. Before she could even think of opening her eyes to see what was wrong, she felt he wasn’t there with her anymore.


“Nooooo,” she whimpered in her sleep after William disappeared and her dream ended abruptly, leaving her panting in her bed, alone, a thin layer of sweat covering her body and making her shiver as the cold of the night cooled her overheated skin. “Don’t go, don’t leave me.”

She had been so close, so very close, she could almost taste it, could almost feel it as it lay out of her reach. Almost.

She was nearly awake now, but she refused to open her eyes, begging her body and her mind to drift back to sleep and let her return to the wonderful dream that had stopped so suddenly. Surely if she didn’t open her eyes he’d come back and finish what he started? And even if he didn’t, she would have to. She couldn’t stay like that, so close and yet so far away from reaching completion. She couldn’t remember a time when she’d been as turned on as she’d been tonight and they’d simply kissed. She ignored the little voice that whispered there had been other kisses that made her feel like that, kisses very recently received from someone else.

Breathing deeply, she relaxed her body as much as she could, clearing her mind from every thought that wasn’t centered on William, remembering how she felt when he held her in his arms, how his lips felt as they moved over hers, how his body fit hers as if he’d been made just for her, how he made her burn for him so easily, how he... She drifted off, somewhere in the realm where dreams and wakefulness meshed.

They’d moved to the comfort of her bed. He was leaning over her, his legs nestled between her thighs, right where he belonged. Their kisses turned more passionate, his hands getting acquainted with her body as they slowly but surely moved to where she needed them most.

“Mmmmm, William,” she moaned.

Sighing, her hand moved instinctively under her pajama shorts, teasing her slit through her panties, not surprised to find them drenched with her juices. Sliding her fingers beneath them, she was lost in the fantasy that it was William’s fingers, not hers that were bringing her closer to paradise.

“Oh, William, more!” she begged.

*~*~*

Throwing his third cigarette butt into Joyce’s flowerbed, he stared back up at the Slayer’s window, bidding his time to make his move as he concentrated on listening for her breathing pattern to indicate she was deep in sleep, silently musing to himself how much better he was than this William bloke. If he could figure out what it was about that desk, why it seemed familiar to him, he would solve the mystery behind why she was receiving these letters, could prove to her just how foolish and misplaced her ‘feelings’ were.

It suddenly occurred to him what he needed to do. He would break into her room and find the secret drawer. See if there was anything there for her, waiting to be read. If there was, he’d steal it, keeping it to himself until he could figure out exactly what was going on. She’d probably be mad at first, but once he had proof it was some sort of magical trap to lure her into and end her life, surely she’d be grateful for his intervening, wouldn’t she? And if there was nothing more than her own letter in the drawer waiting for him? Well, he’d take that, too. She’d think William received it. If there was no magical trap, then the git might not ever reply, thinking Buffy had lost her interest in him. Either way it had to end, no good could come from it whether it was a spell or the real deal.

His plan in the forefront of his mind, he tuned into listening again to her breathing, to be sure she was indeed asleep before climbing the tree towards her window.

Crawling silently into her room, with his enhanced night vision he quickly found the desk and headed directly for it. Bending down, he was about to search the underside of the antiquity first when he was startled by the sound of the slayer shifting in her bed.

“Mmmmm, William.”

His blood went from cold to boiling hot in under a second. The desk forgotten, he stood and stared at her sleeping form. He picked up the sound of her heart rate increasing along with the heady scent of her arousal; he could see her hand moving underneath her shorts as she touched herself. Bloody Hell! She was shagging the git in her sleep while he stood in her room helpless to do anything about it. Walking closer to the bed his nostrils flared as her scent grew stronger. He was going to do whatever it took to stop this nonsense right now. No one had a right to shag the slayer but him, and since she wouldn’t shag him then no one else would either.

Anger overtook rational thought as he crawled onto the bed and made his way to hover over her body. The scent of her lust overpowered him, filling his loins with the need to take her, making him shift into game face. She appealed to his demon on a primal level... want, take, have. And while the man within felt the same, it was her consent that was needed above all. She’d given him a taste, a crumb when she’d kissed him the other night. How could she dream of another man after sharing a kiss with him as if it meant nothing? Did she forget so soon? He simply couldn’t allow for her to forget that. He was here, not this William, him and the beast within raged to lay claim to her, remind her whose arms she had trembled in as he’d kissed her passionately while she responded in kind.

“Oh William, more.”

Her sleep filled plea was the last straw, his demon had had enough. She wanted more? She’d have more, but not from that ponce. She was his slayer and he her vampire and damn any rule that said they were sworn enemies. Lowering his lips to hers his face melted back into his human guise seconds before he felt her grab his head, pulling him the rest of the way towards her mouth.

Buffy had sensed something shifting in her dream; suddenly William’s body felt more real than it had felt before as he hovered over her. He’d pulled back slightly to let her breathe, but hell, who needed to breathe when one was dreaming anyway? So she grabbed his head with her free hand and pulled him towards her, welcoming his weight as her mouth opened to allow his tongue in to play with hers. She decided to ignore that it didn’t feel like a dream anymore, uncaring in lieu of the delicious feeling against her lips and between her legs. The only thing that mattered was that he was here, now and it felt oh so good to be in his arms as she lay beneath him. She removed her hand from under her shorts and brought it up to his back, holding him close, intent on not allowing him to disappear this time.

The Slayer was kissing him, actually kissing him back. He reveled in her taste as her tongue dueled with his, pulling him further inside as if desperate. Lowering his body to rest overtop hers, she parted her legs to cradle his aching groin between her thighs. The need to possess her provoked his hips into thrusting his erection harshly against her center. Her head flung back into the pillow as she moaned her approval of his actions, spurring him on.

He trailed hot kisses along her throat until he reached her jugular. The desire to sink his fangs in it, to have the taste of her thick, potent slayer blood running down his throat became almost unbearable. Too afraid the chip would fire and this moment would end, he settled for sucking hard on the tender vein that beat wildly against his tongue then continued to lick, nibble and kiss a path down her chest between the valley of her breasts. Grabbing one cloth covered nipple between his teeth, he pulled it into his mouth, soaking her T-shirt from the attention he paid to the rosy peak with his mouth.

‘Oh God! This is even better than before,’ she thought, shuddering in pleasure as her dream lover ground his erection into her pussy. She moaned as his mouth left hers, nipping, licking and kissing his way down her jaw, to settle on that oh so sensitive spot in her neck. She felt it shoot straight through to her pussy, like a bolt of electricity, making her hotter, wetter for him, more desperate to have him. She almost felt as if he were marking her and she’d be hard pressed to think if she’d been more turned on in that moment than ever before.

He lowered his head to her breasts, pulling one of her nipples into his mouth and she simply couldn’t think about anything else, concentrating instead on the feeling of his mouth as he brought her closer to orgasm. Her hands traveled the expanse of his back, holding him tight, mewling and moaning as she encouraged him to continue.

Lust dominated his actions when her hands held him to her breast, encouraging him to continue. Not wanting any barrier between her luscious mounds and his tongue, he lifted her shirt and latched onto the opposite breast, licking and teasing it until the tip was as hard as his cock was. Sliding a hand along her side, he raised his hips and reached beneath the waist band of her shorts, seeking out the prize he desired most. He didn’t care how this turn of events came about, his thoughts were centered on making sure she could never deny who actually pleasured her tonight, brought her to orgasm.

“Christ, luv... such a hot little quim. Need me to cool your fire? Make you cum?” he said as he fondled her through the thin material of her underwear. If he woke her then so be it. Maybe she would forgive him, beg him to take her body hard. If she did, he would fuck her senseless, make her cum around his cock so hard she’d pass out.

“God, yes.” She dug her nails into the skin of his shoulders when she felt his fingers teasing her pussy, needing more than just that and knowing that he was the one that could give it to her. After all, if this was her dream she had the right to take full advantage of it, didn’t she? She pushed down on his shoulders, coaxing him to continue his journey south towards her needy center.

Spike was in heaven, or as close to heaven he’d ever be when he realized what it was that she wanted, that she needed. The thought of tasting her there sent his desire into overdrive. The fragrance of her excitement had his demon nearing the surface, making him conscious enough of what he was about to do to keep the beast at bay for fear of truly hurting her and setting the chip off.

Scooting his body down, he pulled the clothes off from her body in one swift move, throwing them over his shoulder, uncaring of where they landed. When she opened her legs instinctively, he snarled. The sight of her dewy cleft beckoned him like a siren to a lonely pirate at sea. He had to be careful, no matter what happened he had to be careful not to become too excited lest his actions wake her. The potential to be turned into ashtray material for defiling her was too great. After this, after getting a taste of her, he simply couldn’t bear the thought of not having more of her, another chance to please her.

She felt his body slide downwards to give her what she needed. She moaned her approval when he rid her lower half of her clothes. She guided her hands to the back of his head, shoving him down to where she needed him the most, sighing dreamily as he drove his tongue inside her. She’d dreamt of someone, anyone, doing this to her after listening to her classmates raving about it, but wow, this was much better than she’d ever expected. She fleetingly wondered how a dream could change so much, how could she feel as if it were truly happening before he pressed a thumb against her clit and she didn’t care any longer about the whys or the hows, other than it was indeed happening.

Panting from anticipation, he felt her hands slide up to the back of his neck to his head, drawing him towards the swollen folds of her sex that glistened with desire. He let her guide him until he was close enough, then drove his tongue deep inside her center. If there was one taste more potent than the blood of a slayer, it was this. Honey, spice, the very essence of the woman who was supposed to be his enemy filled his taste buds. His cock throbbed with all the blood left in his body from his last bagged meal. He rubbed his shaft against her mattress, seeking any friction he could get, uncaring if he spilled himself in his jeans. This was... she was worth it.

He pressed a thumb down hard against her clit, rubbing it rapidly back and forth while he fucked her with his tongue.

Overwhelmed from the sensations swelling inside her body, her eyes fluttered, wanting to see her lover. Her eyes opened slightly, hooded and dazed from passion, the only thing she could make out through the haze of lust were platinum blonde locks on the head feasting from her cunny, driving her over the edge, making her pass out from the pleasure.

Her essence flowed over his tongue as she cried out, making his demon growl while the man inside gloated with pride. He drank deeply from her, swallowing all she had to offer, lapping and cleaning her of every last drop of the precious fluid from her quivering body. God, he wanted to stay right there, do it all over again just to hear her moan from the pleasure he could give her, but he couldn’t. Not only did he have to take care of his own needs as his cock reminded him so very painfully as it throbbed beneath the rough black denim of his pants, but she might wake at any moment and this perfect night could potentially end in disaster.

Moving swiftly from her bed, he picked up her clothes and as carefully as possible, slid them back on to her body, thankful she was sated enough from his attentions to be deep in sleep. He covered her tiny form with the bedspread before heading to the window. Crouching on the sill he glanced back.

“Try and forget about that, Slayer.”

The master vampire leapt from her window straight to the ground below, landing as gracefully as a cat then stood up straight up. Heading off into the night, his only thought was to get back to his crypt and have himself a right good wank.

*~*~*

The next day, at Buffy’s dorm room

“So…you almost…you know, with this William guy in your dreams and then he suddenly turned into Spike and you…” Willow asked, her eyes all but bugging out of their sockets. “And you don’t see where any of that is, well, wrong?”

“Well, I could be wrong about the Spike thing, maybe it was just a trick of the light,” Buffy defended herself. Not that seeing his platinum head between your thighs made you cum harder that you ever have before, did it? That annoying voice inside had her blushing furiously.

She banged her head on the desk to shut the voice up; she had more than enough on her plate with Willow at the moment to have to contend with herself, too. “Ouchie! It’s just that…I seem to have turned into Buffy the slutty Slayer, all of the sudden. I mean, I suddenly start dreaming of William and I have all this feelings for him, and there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do to stop myself from having them.” ‘Or even want to for that matter,’ the little voice added. Although the last part of her dream hadn’t really felt like one, then again nothing of it had felt like one, but that last part, she shuddered, that last part had been much more real than the rest. “So, yeah, William I understand, ‘cause really? The letters he’s been sending me could melt an iceberg, but why the hell would I be dreaming of Spike? Do you think there’s any chance that all this is because of your spell gone wonky?”

Willow paled. “N-no, no, of course not. Maybe?” She whimpered.

“Will, please tell me you are not serious.” Buffy rolled her eyes. Just what she needed.

“I-I, well, there weren’t supposed to be any side effects to the spell after I revoked it.”

“But there could be?” the blonde pressed.

“I’m not sure?”

“Maybe you could do some research.”

“Research. Yes, of course. I’m all with the research; call me research-o gal.”

‘Why oh why doesn’t that comfort me.’ “Oh, and Willow?”

“Yes?”

“Please don’t tell anyone about this conversation?”

“Sure, don’t worry, Buffy. I’ll be a tomb, although maybe not a tomb since they’re creepy and damp and dirty and eep…shutting up now.” She zipped her lips when Buffy looked at her intently.

Buffy rolled her eyes and took an elastic holder from over the desk, fixing her hair in a ponytail as she sighed. Oh, well, maybe Will could actually keep her secret; it wasn’t as if her friend was a blabbermouth, so she really had no reason to distrust her. But after the damned spell, she couldn’t bring herself to trust the redhead’s abilities as much as she’d trusted them before.

She turned towards Willow to find her friend’s disbelieving eyes fixed on her neck as she gasped and pointed at her.

“What?”

“Y-your…” the redheaded girl cleared her suddenly dry throat, and pointed to Buffy’s neck. “Your—” She said, unable to finish the sentence, as she started to hyperventilate. Oh God, oh God, oh God, what if this was really all her fault?

“My… what Willow? My neck?” Buffy asked clearly annoyed, as she walked over to the mirror on the back of the closet door. It seemed Willow was referring to something on her neck. She could never be sure when her friend was acting like that. She sighed as she reached the mirror then screamed when she saw what her friend had seen.

TBC