[Reviews - 136] LikedPrinter
Summary: Buffy finds an antique desk in her mother's gallery and feels drawn to it. What would happen if somehow she and the previous owner, a British gentleman from 1880, could communicate through it? And Spike, what would he think of the whole situation when he finds out? This story is co-written by Lu82 and Dusty273 up to chapter X; and by Im_bloody_English and Dusty273 from chapter XI on.
Rated: NC-17
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Parody, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No
Word count: 52967 Read: 15751
Published: 06/06/2006 Updated: 04/21/2007

1. Chapter I by dusty273 [Reviews - 9] Liked (1843 words)
Authors: Zephyr&Emerald (Mari (Dusty273) and Lu(82))


Pairing: We’ll give you three guesses... ;)


Setting: Season Four, after ‘Something Blue’ (but Buffy and Riley are not together!), it goes very AU after that.


Rating: Mostly PG-13, but eventually NC-17.

Disclaimer: We were inspired by the movie ‘The Love Letter’ to write this story, but we’re gonna follow a pretty different plotline.

Plus, we know that Joss&Co own everything, as always.

2. Chapter II by dusty273 [Reviews - 14] Liked (2246 words)
We just wanted to let you all know that we are aware that there's another Spuffy story with a similar premise to ours. It’s a Fantasy story (all human) and from what we’ve read of it, it’s a very good one; but aside from the basic idea of the desk, both stories are completely different, we can promise you that. Anyway, we wrote to the other author before we began to write ours to get her consent to write this story, because we didn't want to step on anyone's toes.



This story would be mostly a romantic comedy, with just a little touch of angst. So, if you’re up for having a good time along with us, well, we’ll be very happy that you join us. We’re hoping to be able to post one chapter per week, probably on Sundays, since we’re both writing other stories individually and have to keep writing those.



Last, but not least, we want to thank Amelia-Jane, TammyAsh666, jt, SarahandJamesFanatic, Im_bloody_English, Brat, cordykitten and SpaceLord, for reviewing. You wouldn’t believe how happy it makes us to know that you’re all enjoying the story. :D

3. Chapter III by dusty273 [Reviews - 9] Liked (3010 words)
We want to thank: cordykitten, Brat, Ellie, aoife, TammyAsh666, RB, Amelia-Jane, Im_bloody_English, jt, Laura Liz, kalahara and Bridget, for reviewing. It means a lot for us that you took the time to tell us what you think of the story. :D Hope you enjoy this chapter as well.

4. Chapter IV by dusty273 [Reviews - 6] Liked (3367 words)
Thank you Cordykitten, Laura Liz, Debutante, kalahara, tananore, TammyAsh666, Bridget, Amelia-Jane and jt, for reviewing. Hope you enjoy this chapter as well. :D

5. Chapter V by dusty273 [Reviews - 5] Liked (4414 words)
Thank you: Amelia-Jane, Im_bloody_English, Bridget, cordykitten, TammyAsh666 and slayercaro, for reviewing. We’re very happy you’re enjoying the story.


This chapter is an exception, I will be out of town for the weekend so that’s why I’m posting it today instead of Sunday. Next chapter will be posted hopefully on Sunday, July 9th, just in time to celebrate the end of the World Cup. :D

6. Chapter VI by dusty273 [Reviews - 6] Liked (3036 words)
Thank you: Amelia-Jane, slayercaro, cordykitten, Im_bloody_English and Brat, for reviewing. We’re very happy you’re still enjoying the story.

7. Chapter VII by dusty273 [Reviews - 6] Liked (3858 words)
Thank you, kalahara, cordykitten, Bridget, slayercaro, Amelia-Jane and Im_bloody_English, for reviewing. :D

8. Chapter VIII by dusty273 [Reviews - 9] Liked (3377 words)
First of all, we’re sorry for the delay in posting this chapter and the next two, at least. Our schedules are a bit too busy right now and it will be a while until we can go back to the writing rhythm we had established, although we’ll try our best to keep on posting as we had been after things get settled for us. That said, we want to thank Amelia-Jane, Im_bloody_English, cordykitten, slayercaro and Kimmie for reviewing. It makes us very happy to know you are still enjoying the story. :D

9. Chapter IX by dusty273 [Reviews - 9] Liked (3756 words)
Thank you to …., ash, Im_bloody_English, Amelia-Jane, Crystal Pegasus, slayercaro, cordykitten, Bridget and margaret, for reviewing. We hope we haven’t lost too many of you with the long wait between chapters, we’ll try to get better in the future. A very special thank you to Im_bloody_English for her big help with the William part, it made all the difference. :D

10. Chapter X. Dream a Little Dream of Me by dusty273 [Reviews - 7] Liked (3363 words)
I’m so sorry for the delay in writing this chapter, but my muse was occupied elsewhere. I have some bad news, though; this is the last chapter Lu is going to collaborate on in writing this story. She just began working and does not have as much time as she did before, she will, however, continue helping me to edit and plot the story as well as translating it to Italian as she’s been doing so far. I will continue writing the story, so no worries about that. That said, my muse and I have reached a compromise and hopefully I’ll be alternating between this story and Corazón Salvaje. I'm aiming for one chapter every two weeks for each of the stories. Just don’t know which days it will be, since it all depends on my RL obligations.


A huge thank you to the lovely Im_bloody_English, who not only did a great job betaing this chapter, but also agreed to beta the rest of the story. Really, sweetie, thanks for bringing my muse back to this story, if it weren’t for you I don’t think I would have finished this chapter yet. *huggles* And of course, thank you to Kimmie, Amelia-Jane, TammyAsh666, Im_bloody_English, cordykitten, Bridget, Halfpastdead, slayercaro and Margaret, for reviewing. I hope you forgive me for the lateness in replying to your reviews, I’ll try to do it as soon as I can.

11. Chapter XI. Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This by dusty273 [Reviews - 7] Liked (4313 words)
First of all, I want to say a huge thank you to the very lovely, Im_bloody_English, for agreeing to co-write this story with me from this chapter on and help me with edits and such. It has been truly a blast working with you, darling. *hugs* Second, this story just took a turn neither of us anticipated as we were brainstorming this chapter, although I don’t think you’ll mind much of the changes we made. ;)

Last, but not least, thank you to Im_bloody_English, Ash, TammyAsh666, slayercaro, Amelia-Jane, Crystal Pegasus and cordykitten, for reviewing. I hope you enjoy this new chapter as well.

12. Chapter XII. While You Were Sleeping by dusty273 [Reviews - 8] Liked (4386 words)
Im_bloody_English and I are thrilled by your reviews and your support to this new turn the story is taking and we hope you keep on enjoying it. This chapter will answer some of your questions regarding the dream, but not all, we’re evil like that. ;) Thank you: Im_bloody_English, TammyAsh666, Kimmie, Amelia-Jane, slayercaro, cordykitten and Crystal Pegasus for reviewing. Our muses love to know that you enjoy all their hard work. *lol*

13. Chapter XIII. A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words by dusty273 [Reviews - 14] Liked (5242 words)
First of all, I’m very sorry for the delay in posting this chapter, but our muses have been keeping us busy with our individual stories. I have to admit I hadn’t noticed it’d been almost 3 months until I saw the date of the last update, *blushes* but with any luck and much inspiration from our muses, it won’t be as long before the next chapter is ready. *crosses fingers*


That said, we want to thank: hotlipedjen, Iza, cordykitten, Amelia-Jane, tis-kit, slayercaro, Crystal Pegasus, for reviewing. It makes us very happy to know you’re still enjoying the story and hope we haven’t lost all of you.

14. Chapter XIV. Identity Crisis by dusty273 [Reviews - 27] Liked (6756 words)
Sorry for the delay in posting this chapter, our muses were sort of engaged in our individual stories, but at least now we’ve finished plotting what’s left of the story, so with any luck, we’ll be able to update it a little more regularly than we have so far. As an apology, we leave you with a longer chapter than usual, filled with plotty goodness. *weg*


Thank you to TammyAsh666, toni, Devin, Jenna, chris, Amelia-Jane, Missytheslayer, Opal, Akela, slayercaro, tis-kit, cordykitten, akarinacj, sue and kw for reviewing. We hope you enjoy this chapter as you did the last one. :D