Chapter 17

After getting dressed and a quick bite to eat, Buffy and Will left for their respective work places.

Buffy walked into The Gallery a bit after ten AM. She wasn’t really late - after all, she was the boss.

“Hey, Tara, I’m here. Had a bit of a busy morning at home. Anything happening?” Buffy just kept talking as if nothing was up.

“No, Buffy, everything is fine,” Tara said as she looked over to Buffy. She noticed that Buffy’s aura was bright and kind of glowing, which was unusual. “Anything happen last night, Buf?” she asked, hoping to find out what brought this change.

“Ah, no. Why do you ask?”

“Well, you seem to be glowing. I mean, you always look nice, but your face and just the air around you is bright and glowing. I thought maybe you had a date or something?’ Tara asked.

“Oh Tara, I have to tell someone before I burst. Promise me you won’t tell a soul, except Willow.”

“I promise, Buffy. What happened?” Tara was definitely curious now.

Buffy walked over to Tara and started to talk in hushed tones, even though there was no one in the store. “Will came over last night. Dawn broke up with him. And we... we... we... kind of slept together.” Buffy’s cheeks were a becoming shade of rose after the last sentence was uttered.

“What?! Did you say you and Will slept together? Oh my god, Buffy,” Tara exclaimed but then calmed down a bit to add, “Well, it doesn’t surprise me. You could cut the sexual tension with a knife when you two were together.”

“Really? I didn’t think we gave off sexual tension. Was it that obvious? Do you think Dawn noticed and that’s why she broke up with him? I am the worst mother in the world,” Buffy said with a dejected sigh.

“No, Buffy. You know I can see auras around people, and you and Will had this special connection when you were standing together. I never saw it with you and anyone else, so I knew something was there. Willow even sensed it, but we didn’t know what to do since we both love Dawn, too.” Tara voiced her concern

“Really? Wow, I knew you were good at sensing things, but I didn’t know you could see auras. Well, I still feel like a rotten mother, but,” her eyes gleamed, “I feel better than I have in the last nine years. Will really knows how to bring out the wild woman in me,” she said with a touch of embarrassment.

“Buffy! You vixen. Good for you. You deserve some happiness for yourself.”

“But Tara, what am I going do about Dawn? Will and I don’t want to hurt her, and we are keeping our relationship a secret for the time being. I just feel so awful,” Buffy said miserably.

“Dawn will understand. Didn’t you say she was interested in someone else already? You need to give her a bit of time, and but don’t keep it a secret from her too long or she will be angry with you. She wants you happy, too. Kids nowadays are not too freaked out by things, and I doubt she will be freaked that you are dating her ex, especially since he is closer to your age anyway,” Tara said with an age-old wisdom.

“You’re right. I think I will just let it be for a while and wait for the right time to tell her,” Buffy said as the door to the Gallery opened and Anya walked in.

“Hey, I lost you the other night at the Bronze and wanted to know if your night was as good as mine. I found a hunky guy to give me plenty of orgasms, and he was so good I may let him see me again,” Anya said with her self-confidence.

“Anya, have I got some things to tell you. Tara, Anya and I will be in the back. Can you watch the front for me?”

“Sure, Buf, take your time and I have everything under control,” Tara said but was thinking, I need to call Willow immediately and tell her what happened.

Anya and Buffy went in the back and sat down at a table.

“Okay, spill. I know you have something to say since you’re glowing.”

“Wow, you’re the second person to say I’m glowing today. Well, let’s just say I won’t be needing Mr. Big anymore ‘cause I got his bigger brother for my own,” Buffy said with a giggle.

“What? You mean you landed a real guy? Was it that hottie I saw you dirty dancing with?” Anya’s voice had gotten a bit higher with each question.

“Yeah, it was him and let me tell you, the real thing is so much better,” Buffy couldn’t stop her laughter. “If I had known how good he was, I would have jumped him sooner.” Realizing what she said, Buffy quickly said, “I am such a bad mom, Anya. Will was Dawn’s boyfriend up until a day ago when she broke up with him.”

“Okay, I’m confused. Will was Dawn’s boyfriend, but she broke up with him and you slept with him?” Anya was never one to beat around the bush.
Meanwhile, in the front of the Gallery, Tara had called Willow on her cell. “Honey, you’ll never guess what Buffy did last night.”

“What?” Willow asked, a bit curious as to why Tara was calling her at work.

“Will. She and Will got together and she’s glowing all over. It’s really amazing. Wait until you see her. And Dawn already has another guy she is dating,” Tara rambled.

“Wow. I’ll try to stop by today and see her if my schedule allows, but I have a classroom full of kids and I need to get back to them,” Willow whispered into the phone.

“Oh, honey, I’m sorry, but I had to tell you. Talk to you later.”

“No problem, but I gotta go. Talk later. Love you,” Willow said in a hushed tone.

In the back room, Buffy had filled Anya in on Dawn, Will, and their relationship. She also mentioned that she felt something for him but didn’t pursue it since he was dating her daughter. When she finished her story, she clasped her hands together and looked up to see what Anya thought of her. All she saw was a compassionate look on her friend’s face.

“Buffy, you’ve put Dawn and The Gallery ahead of your personal life for too long. You need to do something for yourself, and if this Will is what you want, I say go for it. You know I am more open minded than most people, but I don’t see anything wrong with it. He’s free, you’re free - what’s stopping you?” Anya said with the wisdom of a woman older than herself.

“I guess you’re right. I just feel so guilty since he was dating Dawn first. But Dawn is already dating someone else, so I need to just move ahead with this. I hope she will be as understanding as my friends have been about this when we tell her. I’m so glad I have such good friends around,” she said as she got up and hugged Anya.

“Hey what are friends for other than advice and giving you orgasms? But that’s not what I’m here for you for.”


A/N: I will try to post on Monday but if not, Wednesday for sure. Thanks again to all who have reviewed. It means a lot to me.