Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to all that have reviewed. It means a lot to me. Also big thanks to my beta, Allison.
Chapter 2

Over the next week, Buffy had her spa appointments and got her hair restyled and highlighted. She looked rested and happy as she walked down the street to Food On The Go to order her dinner for Wednesday night with Dawn and her boyfriend. Several men did double takes as she passed them. It wasn’t that she was motherly looking before, but now with the new ‘do and treatments, she didn’t look 39 years old but more like 29. There was a spring in her step that wasn’t there before. This was the new Buffy Summers-Finn walking down the street, and she liked it.

After ordering the meal and agreeing on a delivery time, she decided to pop into The Gallery and see what Tara thought. “Hey, Tara, what do you think? Do I look like a mom of a college student or a swinging single woman in her 30s?”

“Wow, Buffy, you look amazing. The highlights in your hair bring out the color of your eyes. You look so rested, too. I am so glad you are finally taking care of yourself,” Tara said with a big smile.

“Thanks. Did I really look that bad before?”

“No, you looked great, but now you look wonderful. And if I wasn’t in a stable relationship with Willow, I might even have made a pass at you,” Tara said with a glint in her eye.

“Okay, I love you and Willow, but I’m not that adventurous. I think I’m willing to give the male population another try. I feel like I have more confidence now, too. Funny what a new haircut and a massage can do for you. I think I’ll go across the street and see what Anya thinks. Anything I need to know about the shop here today?”

“No, things have been quiet. We need to get some new artists to display their works. I might take a trip to LA with Willow and check out some of the new art venues and see what is out there if that is ok with you.”

“Sure, that would be great. I’m gonna see Anya and then head on home. I want to straighten up the house a bit for Dawn, and since I took today off, I need to work a bit tomorrow here at The Gallery. See you later.”

“Bye, and say hi to Anya for me,” Tara said as she went back to dusting some of the sculptures.

Buffy crossed the street and opened the door to the Sex Box. Anya was busy demonstrating the correct way to wear a strap-on dildo to a very embarrassed couple. Buffy just smiled to herself. That was Anya, not afraid to do or say anything. She really wished she had a bit of that inside of herself.

After all that, Anya got the sale - they probably wanted to get out of there fast, so they just paid for it. She noticed Buffy browsing the how-to books. “Hey, Buffy, you look great. That spa treatment did you good, and I love the hair. I think it will get you more guys wanting to give you orgasms than your other look.”

“Oh, Anya, you crack me up. How about I meet some guys first and get to know them before they give me orgasms? It would sure be nice to meet someone that I could have an intelligent conversation with and who enjoys artwork like I do. I know there is someone out there for me - I just have to find him.”

“But in the meantime, can I interest you in Mr. Big? He will help with the orgasms until you meet a real man. And he comes in several different colors, depending on your mood,” Anya said as she fingered a giant-sized dildo.

“Ah, I think I will pass at this time, Anya, but I will keep that in mind if I don’t meet someone in the near future,” Buffy said with a hint of embarrassment. She was not that desperate that she was going to resort to artificially-made orgasms. “I think I better get going and get with the house cleaning. I just wanted to show you the new me and see what you thought.”

“I love it, and I think we should go out and celebrate soon. Maybe we can go to that new bar/dance place The Bronze. I hear it is quite the pick-up place and where all the best-looking people hang out,” Anya suggested as she put Mr. Big in his proper display.

“Okay, Anya. I will be in touch about that. Talk to you soon,” Buffy replied as she walked out of the Sex Box and to her car.

***********************************************************************
Wednesday arrived, and it was a busy day at The Gallery. They had gotten a new shipment of prints, and Buffy and Tara spent the morning deciding where they should be displayed. At three o’clock, Buffy told Tara she was going to head home since Dawn was coming over early to catch up on things.

Dawn came in the door and exclaimed, “Mom, you look fantastic! Am I going to have to be jealous of you and the looks you are going to get as we walk down the street together? We look like we can be sisters, not mother and daughter.”

“Did I look that bad before? Everyone keeps telling me how great I look now. I must have looked horrible before.”

“No, before you looked like a mom. Now you look like a hot chick who knows what she wants,” Dawn said proudly.

They sat down with two diet Cokes and did some catching up. Dawn told Buffy all about her classes and her professors. History seemed to be her favorite subject now with maybe a minor in anthropology. Dawn talked and talked about all the new things she had learned to the point that Buffy had to stifle a yawn a couple of times. When she started to talk about her sorority house and her housemates, Buffy perked up a bit. Buffy enjoyed hearing about the twenty girls sharing three bathrooms in the old house. She laughed when Dawn told her that there was a huge spider in the house that even the housemother wouldn’t kill. They had to call UC-Sunnydale security to come over and squash it.

Time flew by as mother and daughter caught up on each other’s lives that they were both amazed when the doorbell rang and it was Food on the Go with the dinner ready to be heated up. Buffy put the things in the oven, and Dawn set the dining room table with the dishes and silver.

Just as the clock chimed six o’clock, the doorbell rang.
--