Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks again to my beta, Allison.
Chapter 21

Will called Buffy as soon as he got home. She wanted to hear all the details of his meeting with Dawn. She was happy it was all out in the open now but hoped that Dawn would calm down and see that this wasn’t such a bad thing. Will assured Buffy that Dawn was level-headed enough to get over the shock and maybe at least come to accept their relationship if she did not want to give it her blessing.

They made plans to meet the next day to start transporting some of his paintings to The Gallery so that Tara and Buffy could decide how they wanted them displayed. With the showing only two weeks away, they needed the time to find the best way to display Spike’s work.

The next day, Tara and Buffy were going over the RSVPs for the showing and what they wanted the caterers to serve when Willow stopped in at lunchtime.

‘Hey, you two, who wants a deli sandwich? I just picked up three turkey and Swiss sandwiches and they smell sooo good.” Willow walked in carrying a bag loaded with sandwiches, drinks, and chips. She hadn’t seen Buffy since she started dating Will and wanted to see for herself if she was glowing like Tara said.

“Willow, you always know what I want,” Tara said with a giggle. “What’s the occasion? You never come by for lunch.”

“Just wanted to see my honey and my favorite friend. Can’t I do something nice for you two?”

Tara knew that Willow was fibbing - she was a terrible liar – but she wouldn’t embarrass her by calling her on it. She’d play along.

“Well, I for one am starving,” Buffy said as she peeked into Willow’s bag. “I’d love a break, too. Why don’t we pull our chairs around my desk so we can still keep an eye out if anyone comes in?”

They pulled three chairs around Buffy’s desk, and Willow passed out the lunch goodies. They were all so hungry that they didn’t talk for five minutes as they dove into their sandwiches and drinks.

Buffy stopped chewing for a minute to ask, “Willow, did Tara fill you in on our showing? Or anything else, for that matter?” The latter was said with a bit of sarcasm since she knew Tara and Willow didn’t keep anything from each other.

“Ah yes, she did, and yes to the other part if you mean did she fill me in on your new honey. So tell - I miss our heart-to-hearts since we both have gotten so busy.” Willow was hoping to hear the whole story from Buffy even though she had heard it all from Tara already. She wanted to hear how Buffy explained her feelings for Will.

“He’s a talented artist and he makes me very happy, if you know what I mean.” She winked at Willow with this last statement.

“Well, I can see for myself that he makes you happy - you’re glowing. I haven’t seen you this happy in years. I’m really happy for you, Buf.” Willow was being honest when she said she was happy for her. She wanted Buffy to know that she didn’t think there was anything wrong with this relationship.

“Well, I’m glad you and Tara are happy for me. Dawn, on the other hand, is not. Will told her about us yesterday, and she stormed out of his office. I don’t know what I’ll do if she won’t talk to me again.” Buffy hung her head in sadness.

“Oh Buffy, things will work out. I can sense it, you know,” Tara said with all sincerity. She knew Dawn would come around to her mom dating Will - it would just take time.

Just then, the bell on the front door chimed and in walked Will. He had planned on picking Buffy up and having her help him pack up some of the paintings to bring over since she was aware of the correct way to do it. He didn’t want to damage what he had spent so many hours working on.

“’Lo ladies. Hope I’m not interrupting anything.”

“We were just talking about you, Will,” Buffy said with a slight blush to her cheeks.

He’s kind of hot looking, if one was into guys, that is. As for his accent, I can understood what Tara meant when she said it was hypnotic, Willow thought to herself.

“You ladies havin’ a lunch conference?”

“No, Willow just surprised us with lunch. Were we supposed to meet here? I thought I was gonna meet you at your garage,” Buffy said, perplexed.

“I decided I’d pick you up here and ask if we needed any supplies to pack the paintings. I didn’t want to damage them after all the work I put into them. Willow, are you coming to my showing?” Will asked.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Why don’t you two take off, and I’ll help Tara clean up our lunch mess.”

“Great! Thanks, Willow. Tara, if you need me, I have my cell. Let’s grab some packing materials from the back, Will,” Buffy said as she walked to the back.

“You vixen! You just want to talk about them so you said you’d clean up,” Tara said accusingly but with a hint of laughter.

Will and Buffy walked out of the store with their arms laden with packing materials and rope. Will opened the door to his SUV and helped Buffy unload the supplies. “You know they’re gonna talk about us while we’re gone.”

“Let them. And let’s give some thing good to talk about.” Buffy then reached up, pulled Will’s lips onto her own, and gave him a deep, sexy kiss. She got so into it that she didn’t hear the teenage guys across the street making cat calls to them.

Inside The Gallery, Tara and Willow were glued to the window watching Buffy in a lip lock with Will.

“I have a strong feeling that there will be more than artwork packaging going on when they get to Will’s if that kiss is any indication,” Willow said to Tara as they walked back to clean up the lunchtime mess.


A/N:I have two more chapters to go so I will post on Sat and Mon to get them out before I leave for vacation. Thanks again to all that have reviewed.