Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to those who have reviewed you words make me happy. Thanks to Allison for being my beta.
Chapter 9

The next day…

Buffy had a busy and productive day working at The Gallery. She and Tara had rearranged some of the paintings on the walls and finished addressing the invitations for Spike’s showing.

She got her jacket and purse at 6:30 and yelled to Tara, “I’m leaving for the night. Going out with Anya, so I’ll be at the Sex Box if you need me before you leave.”

“Have a nice night, Buffy,” Tara said while wondering why Buffy was going out with Anya. Anya was a friend, but Buffy didn’t usually go out with her because Anya was forever talking about sex or money and it really embarrassed Buffy.

Buffy walked over to the Sex Box and went inside. Anya was busy with some young women helping them pick out favors for a bachelorette party. She nodded to Anya and walked over to the vibrator section. After having all the vivid dreams, she was left wanting when she woke up and thought she’d pick up a vibrator to help fill that need. She was reading the boxes of several different ones and getting more and more confused when Anya wandered over.

“Buffy, are you finally planning on buying a vibrator? I don’t know how you have managed to go this long without one,” Anya said with a perplexed look. “If I don’t use my vibe daily, I am just a grouchy person. How do you manage to be so perky without one?”

“Ahh, I don’t know,” replied Buffy. “I don’t know much about them, so maybe you can help me pick one out?”

“Of course I will help you. What are you looking for? Something with a clitoral stimulation or something that just makes you feel full? Remember how I told you about ‘Mr. Big’? What do you think?” Anya proceeded to take ‘Mr. Big’ out of the box and held him up for Buffy’s perusal.

“Wow, that is really big. Is it uncomfortable?” Buffy asked embarrassingly.

“Oh no. If you use it with the body heating gel, it makes for a very pleasant sensation. I personally try all my products so that I can give testimony to my customers. This is a good one.”

“Okay, I will take it and the gel that you recommended. But you have to promise me you won’t tell anyone what I bought, promise?”

“Buffy all purchases at the Sex Box are discrete and confidential. My lips are sealed.”

Buffy paid for her purchase and waited as Anya counted out the register for the day. After all the money was put in the safe, they got their coats and headed for the door. Buffy opened the door and ran right into Will.

“Will, what are you doing here? I don’t mean what are you doing here - I mean I am surprised to see you here. No, I don’t know what I mean,” said a flustered Buffy.

“Buffy, who is this fine hunk of a man? Does he give you lots of orgasms and why haven’t you introduced me before?” asked Anya.

“Anya, this Professor Will Atherton, Dawn’s boyfriend. Will, this is Anya, owner of the Sex Box and my very embarrassing friend.”

“Pleasure to meet you,” Will replied.

“Well, we will see if you give me any pleasure,” Anya answered back with a twinkle in her eye.

“Ahh, okay,” Will stammered out. “Tara said you were here, and I had a few more names I wanted to add to the list of names for that ‘thing’. I don’t mean to intrude on your night out.”

“You are not intruding. Buffy and I were planning to check out The Bronze, that new club. We are hoping to find some orgasm buddies,” replied the ever-blunt Anya.

“Anya, that is so not true. I just wanted to check out the new club.”

“Oh Buffy, you so want an orgasm buddy. Why would you come to my shop and make that purchase if you weren’t horny?”

“Anya! You promised,” Buffy said exasperatedly.

“Well, I didn’t tell him what’s in the bag. I promised not to and I didn’t,” Anya said proudly.

“You see why I don’t go out with you more often. Come on, let’s go. Will, you can just email me those names, and I will add them to the list. Have a good night,” Buffy said hurriedly as she pulled Anya to her car.

“Hey, I might want to check out this club, too. Where is it?” asked Will.

“It’s down at the other end of Main Street,” Anya said. “You can attend with us, but you better not hamper our picking up men. We are on a mission.”

“You may be on a mission, Anya, but I am just there to check it out. If you want to meet us there, Will, just look for us. We are going to dinner first.”

“I might at that. Nice to meet you, Anya.”

After a leisurely dinner at Café Sol, Buffy and Anya drove over to The Bronze. The parking lot was already half full, so they were glad that they had gotten there early. Buffy parked the car, and they both got out and proceeded to walk into the club. Tonight was Ladies Night, so there was no cover fee for them.

Anya spotted a table in the middle and sat herself so that she faced the door and could check out the prospects. Buffy sat across from her and studied the drink menu. She felt a bit wild tonight, so maybe a Sex on the Beach or a Fuzzy Navel was what she should get.

“Well, Buffy I see many potential orgasm buddies here. As soon as the band starts, I think I might ask one of them to dance. How about you?”

“I think I need a few drinks for courage before I do that. And remember, Anya, I am here to check out the new club, not to pick up men.”

“Well, that Will was certainly a hunk. Too bad Dawn is dating him because he looked like he could be a ‘Mr. Big’ to me,” Anya said with a knowing look.

“How can you tell that when you just met him? My goodness, Anya, he’s Dawn’s boyfriend - that’s kind of sick, don’t you think?” Buffy said, hoping to validate her own sentiments.

“Buffy, you need to live a little. You have been the perfect little widow for too long now. You need to set yourself free. What happened to the woman that got the makeover and was ready to be a free spirit? I’m gonna order you a Long Island Ice Tea - it’s got a very high percentage of alcohol and will loosen you up right away.” And with that, Anya signaled a waiter to take their order.

After two Long Islands, Buffy was feeling pretty loose. In fact, she was so loose that she and Anya were causing quite a stir on the dance floor, dancing with each other. Anya knew that two hot women dancing with each other would bring out the men and she was right. The two women were surrounded by men trying to get close to them. Anya had set her sights on a tall muscular guy who she predicted would give her many orgasms by the end of the night. When he worked his way to her side, she turned into his arms and moved away from Buffy.

Buffy continued to dance wantonly to the music. A few men tried to put their arms around her, but she brushed them off. She didn’t want to be tied down to anyone right now. She loved the feeling of dancing and letting go. It reminded her of her high school years when the gang used to go dancing at the teen club in town.

Will walked into The Bronze and looked around. He was trying to find Buffy and Anya but it was very crowded. He spotted a blond dancing in a circle of guys and moved on ‘cause that couldn’t be Buffy. But wait, he looked back again and got a bit closer. It was Buffy, and she was dancing in a way that most moms would not. She looked very comfortable with herself and was unaware of the guys ogling her.

Will walked closer to her and stepped into the circle to try to get her attention. He caught Buffy’s surprised look when she saw him.

“Will, dance with me,” Buffy said with shiny eyes.

“Buffy, have you been drinking?”

“Well yeah, hence the dancy Buffy and not the ol’ stuffy Buffy. Do you have a problem with it?”

“I think I better get you home.”