DISCLAIMER: I don't own these characters, but I can make them jump. Watch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buffy didn't look forward to talking to Dawn. Even if she didn't need to talk about the problems with social services, Buffy had found it hard to say more than two words to her since their mother died. That needed to change.

Dawn came in the house with a weary look. She dumped her book bag on the couch and walked to the kitchen. Buffy followed her.

"A woman from children's services came by this morning." Buffy stopped in the entrance.

Dawn raised her eyebrows. "What did she want?"

"She said your grades have been slipping, and you'd been skipping school."

Dawn turned away and opened the refrigerator. "Why do you care?" She mumbled.

"I care because it makes me look bad. They might take you away, if they think I can't handle being your guardian." Buffy clenched her fists.

"So, this is about you, then." She raised her chin.

"This is about responsibility. Something you obviously know nothing about." The anger and hurt Buffy had been suppressing the past week threatened to break through.

"I can be responsible! I just haven't felt like going to class." Dawn crossed her arms over her chest.

"If you were responsible, Mom might be alive!" Buffy shouted.

Dawn gaped at her in shock.

Buffy stalked towards her. "Why didn't you call an ambulance when she first got the headache instead of searching for aspirin? She had brain surgery, a headache's not good!"

Dawn's lip trembled, and she fled past Buffy out the kitchen. Reality slapped into place, and Buffy regretted her words. She would have done the same thing with mom, and she was only taking her frustrations out on Dawn.

"Dawn?" She started up the stairs to apologize.

Dawn passed her on the stairs with a duffle bag. "I'm spending the night at Janice's," she said coldly.

"I'm.." Buffy was cut off by the door slamming in her face.

She sat down, numbly. Instead of crying, she pushed her feelings down again and retreated to a place inside her mind. She didn't realize when it got dark, or that the room she was sitting in didn't have any lights on.

"Buffy, are you okay?"

Buffy looked up to see Spike standing in front of her with a look of concern. A spark of desire shot through her. It was the first feeling that wasn't sadness or rage that she felt for what seemed like a long time. She reveled in it.

"Why are you sitting in the dark?" He sat down next to her on the couch. "I'm sorry about your mom. I came to the funeral, but I was afraid to talk to you."

She reached out and traced his face, feeling the hard planes. He placed a hand over hers and held it there. It was warm, and she wanted more. Slowly, she leaned in and brushed his lips with hers.

Suddenly, she pushed him down on the couch, increasing the intensity of the kiss. She wanted to feel anything than what she was feeling five minutes ago.

"Please," she pleaded, softly.

She immediately felt him respond. His lips moved as franticly as hers, as if they were starving. His hands roamed her back and hair, pushing her closer to him. She laid, prone over him and could feel every muscle and how turned on he was.

Her hand moved between them. She needed him inside of her, she needed to forget. After pulling down his zipper, she pulled her skirt up and straddled him. As she guided his hard length towards her own need, he stopped her.

"Wait, wait." He quickly pulled out his wallet and looked in it. Taking out a condom, he ripped it open and put it on.

The minute the condom was one, she lowered herself on him. She never felt anything like it. It was euphoric. Spike's eyes were widened, and she was losing herself in them. Her body vibrated with arousal as she slowly began to move. She increased the pace with Spike thrusting upward. Together, they moved towards their goal. When Buffy climaxed, a wonderful high lapped from her toes to the top of her head. She continued her pace, hoping to reach it again, but Spike came with a cry that touched something inside of her.

Spike slid his hands up her torso, pulling her shirt off. "We're not done, here."

Buffy smiled, needing him to touch her, as much as he wanted to. He pushed a pile of newspapers on the floor to the side and lowered her to the carpet, kissing her the whole time. He played her body like an instrument while removing the rest of her clothes. Her nipples hardened and her flesh pinkened under the ministrations of his hands. When his hands slowly drew her thighs apart, opening her for him, she thought she couldn't take any more. But, then he lowered his head to the heat of her. Her head fell back in ecstasy as he kissed every inch of her flesh. Afterwards, he stayed at her feet, waiting.

She pushed his shirt up with her foot. "You're wearing too many clothes."

The clothes were gone in less than a minute. Sliding up to her, he stopped. "I only had one condom."

Buffy looked at him in confusion for a minute. She was so wrapped up in the pleasure, she forgot about being responsible. "There's a box in my purse." Grabbing her purse from the chair, she handed him the box.

Spike smiled and kissed her while putting a condom on. Pushing her back to the floor, he crawled over her and looked down. "I've wanted you for so long."

Buffy panicked, afraid he was going to share his feelings. She couldn't handle that right now, didn't want to think. She quickly pulled his mouth down to hers to quiet him. He entered her in a quick thrust, and she concentrated on the sensation.

They moved urgently together. Buffy soaked in the feel of his back muscles under her hands moving with each thrust and the feel of this thigh muscles moving under her feet. Mostly, she relished the feel of him moving inside of her and the exhilaration that was quickly building. She could spend the rest of her life on her living room floor as long as he continued to what he was doing. The orgasm took her suddenly and rocked her to a place she'd never been. Spike trembled and cried out in his own, which suprisingly made hers intensify even more.

Her arms and legs fell limp as she needed to rest. Spike looked up at her with a small smile, panting, and with tousled hair. She thought he never looked sexier. The energy that she used up a minute ago was restored. Pushing him to his back, she decided it was time to explore his body.

They continued all night. Buffy wouldn't let him talk, except a few dirty phrases now and then. She didn't think about what this could mean to them or their future. She just didn't think, except how good it felt.

Finally, they both collapsed, exhausted. It was the first time since her mother first became sick, that Buffy slept peacefully.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buffy woke with a start. Spike was asleep next to her. She pulled the afghan higher over her chest and shook him.

He smiled lazily and stretched, unashamed of his nakedness. "Good morning, luv."

She threw his jeans at him. "Get dressed. Dawn will be home any minute."

"Why don't we just move to your bedroom. Little sis won't see anything, then." He drew slow circles on her arm.

She snatched her arm away. Why was he making this difficult? "Please, go. This shouldn't have happened."

Clenching his jaw, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened them, all she saw was sympathy. She couldn't have that from him. It would only lead to vulnerability, and she'd rather have him mad at her.

"I said go. I don't want you here. Last night was a big mistake."

"Fine." He angrily put on his clothes, and Buffy just watched in silence. She was confused over what had happened and why she felt the way she did.

It wasn't until he slammed the front door that she had a pang of regret. Last night was amazing. Nobody had ever given her that much pleasure, and she couldn't get enough of him. She craved him and could see herself depending on him, and that's what scared her. She searched for her clothes and put them on.

The living room was a mess. Blushing, she realized that most of it was not from their passionate night together. She'd been living in a mess for a week and didn't notice. There were tied condoms on a pile of newspapers which she quickly disposed. No need for Dawn to see that. Once she started cleaning, she finished the room, continuing to the kitchen where there was a week's worth of dishes.

The sound of the door let Buffy know that Dawn was home. Dawn looked surprised when she walked into the kitchen.

"You're cleaning."

"Yeah, I didn't realize how bad this place got." Buffy paused over a dish. "I'm sorry I yelled at you last night."

Dawn didn't say anything, but she started to dry a glass. Buffy took that to mean she was forgiven. The two finished the dishes in silence.

TBC - Please review.