Chapter Ten: The Truth Hurts

That night, Spike came home to see Buffy asleep on the couch. He went to move her, but she awoke and stopped him. “Buffy, Luv, don’t you want to be with me?” He was hurt, and it was obvious.

“We can’t. This has to stop. We have to go back to normal.” She replied. She was willing to give up his loving to keep her dignity, and not disappoint him.

“Why?” He asked.

“Go to sleep Spike.” And when she was sure his bedroom door was closed, she began sobbing, but he knew.

*

The next week flew by, and despite Spike’s inquiries; Buffy had spent it on the couch. They didn’t share a kiss or touch the entire time, and it was slowly consuming him. It hurt…she’d given herself to him, and she was suddenly pushing him away. He didn’t understand what he did wrong.

Finally, Xander, Anya, Willow, and Tara came rapping at Spike’s door, just on time. It gave Buffy a chance to avoid him with good reason.

“You made it!” Buffy squealed, throwing her arms around both Willow and Xander.

“Oxygen is becoming a bit of an issue here, Buffy.” Willow said in a tight voice.

Buffy let go, and gave hugs to Tara and Anya. “How was the flight?”

“Interesting. Tiring.” Xander relied, looking around the living room at Spike’s DVD and CD collection. “You have some grade a stuff here, Bleach boy.” He said.

“Thanks whelp. You’re welcome to borrow anything, so long as I get it back.” Spike replied.

“So, Buffy, have you been able to get lots of orgasms from men in New York?” Anya questioned brightly.

Buffy glanced at Spike, her cheeks tinting pink when he lifted his brows at her with a cocky smile. “Nope…I give up on me.” She heard Spike growl, in a low tone.

“Are you becoming a lesbian then, like Willow and Tara?” Anya asked, looking at the two girls as they held hands and smiled at each other.

“Nope…just thinking about becoming a nun.” Buffy thought she was in a safety zone.

“I think you’re supposed to be a virgin. Since you haven’t had sex with Riley, I assume they’ll take you.” Spike coughed on the dirty blondes response, as well as Xander. Willow looked appalled, and Tara giggled, hiding her smile.

“Okay, then. Who wants to see my room?” Buffy asked, ignoring Anya’s openness. They gang followed her down the hall. She pushed open the door, and everyone gaped at a sleeping Angel, and his clothes and liquor bottles strewn around the room.

Spike was astounded at the new information he’d just received, as he sat on the couch. She didn’t give it to Riley, but someone had to have been there before…a long time ago.

“Buffy,” Willow whispered, wide eyes, “you’re not sleeping with Angel, or drinking…are you?”

“Nope. Just wanted to show you how he took over.” Buffy closed the door, and opened Spike’s. “I sleep here sometimes, or the couch.” She closed the door, again, and made her way in to the living room, plopping on the couch beside Spike.

“You kinda…scared me for a minute there.” Xander said.

“Y-you know, Buffy, we’re s-staying at my aunts house, a-and she has a spare bedroom if you want to spend some t-time here with us before you g-go.” Tara offered.

Spike’s face fell, as Buffy looked at him. Their eyes connected and she replied, “That sounds good.” A tightlipped smile crossed her face, and Spike felt his heart break.

*

She’d been in and out of Spike’s apartment for three days, taking her stuff back and forth to Tara’s aunt’s house. It was Saturday morning, and using her own key, she entered. She could hear the kitchen radio blasting, as a punk rock song played. She smiled to herself, and went in to see a shirtless Spike bobbing his head, and washing dishes.
Buffy reached the kitchen table, and shut off the music. Spike turned abruptly to see her standing there in all her glory. She wore a short jean halter dress, and sneakers. Her hair was up in a high ponytail, and he wanted to touch her.

“Morning.” Her voice was sad, although she wore a smile. Her eyes focused on his, and she felt the waterfall.

He was done questioning her, if she was going to be stubborn; he wasn’t going to deal with it. He knew she wanted him, he could tell she was wet over him at that moment. “Morning, pet. There’s some mail on the table for you.”

She turned her back to him, and saw the envelope from her mother. She was about to pick it up, and head to the room to pack her stuff, when she felt Spike’s erection push up against her ass. She hissed lowly, and whimpered. She couldn’t deny that she missed him.

“You want this, pet?” Spike questioned, reaching up to the strings in the back of her neck, and pulling them loose. The top of her dress immediately undid, and revealed her breasts.

“Yes…”She moaned, when he began kissing her neck, one hand hitching up the hem of her dress, the other fondling her small globe.

He ripped the thong from her body, and slid his sweatpants down. It wasn’t long before he was thrusting into her, fondling her goodies, and enjoying every second. She moaned and cried out.

“Spike…harder.” It was like music to her ears.

“It’s okay baby…the big bad…is…gonna give it to you…good.” He said between each pump. He squeezing and pinched her nipples, and a growl escaped her. She met each and every thrust, allowing him to fill her to the hilt. She felt him in her stomach, but only moaned louder.

Angel awoke from her sleep in time to watch them cum together, over the kitchen table. When Buffy and Spike noticed him, they quickly dressed, and Buffy hid behind Spike.

“I guess you know, mate.” Spike panted, attempting to catch his breath.

“Too bad I got there first.” Angel said, looking at Buffy’s wide, scared eyes.

Spike didn’t think. Before Angel could move out of the way, Spike’s fist connected with his nose causing the broad shouldered man to stumble backwards into the living room.

“What the fuck?” Angel yelled, landing on his ass.

Buffy stood in the doorway that connected the living room and kitchen. Spike was going to hit Angel again, but she couldn’t let him. “STOP!” She shouted.

Spike turned to her, his face softening, his hurt becoming evident. “Is it true?” He asked.

“Spike, it was a long-“ She began.

“IS IT BLOODY TRUE? DID YOU FUCK MY BROTHER?” Spike was filled with fury, once more, as he got in her face. Buffy opened her mouth to speak, and closed it again, like a fish in troubled water.

“It is.” Angel said, causing Spike to turn. Angel’s nose was bleeding, and he grabbed a few Kleenex’s from the coffee table, holding the painful break. “The night of your eighteenth birthday, three weeks before prom. I was supposed to bring Buffy to help with the decorations, but we got sidetracked. I think our excuse was a flat tire. I made the first move, but this little one was quick to let me. It only happened once, but the word is stamina. She likes it rough.”

His words sent Spike forward again, and he earned a quick jab in the eye. Angel hit him back, squarely in the jaw, and Spike stumbled, nearly knocking Buffy over. She shrieked, and tears began falling.

Spike got on his feet once more, facing Buffy. “I want you to tell me…is it true?” He was angry, just in pain, both emotionally and physically.

She choked out a sob. “Yes.”

That was all it took to send Spike into his room.

“What are you doing?” Buffy asked following him.

He didn’t reply, he only searched his drawer for a t-shirt, and put on an old pair of Adidas. Then he went straight for the exit.

“Spike…please…”

He spun around, with her close on his heals. “It’s not even the fact that he’s my brother, it’s the fact that you kept it a secret. I was your best friend, and we were lovers. Now, I can barely look at you.” He opened the front door, and left her standing there, and she collapsed the floor in tears.

*A/N: Don't be mad...don't be mad...love will prevail...Thanx, Ash...*