Chapter Thirteen: Moving On?

“He asked about me?” Buffy questioned curiously, when Willow returned to Sunnydale. They were in Buffy’s room, sitting on the bed, while talking over the situation.

“He didn’t look good at all. Besides for the whole bruise from Angel, he looked like he’s been drinking and crying since that night.” Willow replied.

“While I was there, he drank beers a little, but he didn’t once pick up a cigarette. Not even after sex.” Buffy recalled.

“He practically raped you. I think his wallowing should continue.” Willow let out a sigh.

“Buffy,” Dawn interrupted the two, “mom wants to know if Willow is staying for dinner?”

Buffy looked over at her friend. “We could use a girl’s night.”

“Yeah, I’ll stay.” Willow said.

Once the pizza was gone, Buffy and Willow headed up to the room again, to drown themselves in sad romance movies. Buffy’s first pick was A Walk To Remember.

“You know, Spike was all nerves during the wedding. When you were getting ready, he was freaking out. Babbling about how he’ll never get a chance to give you more than his friendship.” Willow suddenly said.

Buffy looked over at her in surprise. Are you saying he liked me before I went to New York?”

“Way before…high school before. Drusilla left him because he wouldn’t let the friendship go, and she was so jealous of you.” Willow replied, taking a sip of her soda.

“You’re kidding.” Buffy said, amazed.

“Nope. Remember that day in English, twelfth grade…”

*Flashback*

He watched her, as she stood in front of the class, reciting a poem ironically titled, “Angel.”

“I can’t believe she’s wasting poetry on the ponce.” Spike muttered from the back of the room.

“That ponce, or whatever you call it, is your brother. Have some respect for that big muscular…” Cordelia trailed off, losing herself in daydreams of Angel.

“She’s really got it bad for him.” Oz stated from Spike’s side, gesturing to Buffy.

“Not as bad was Spike’s got it for her.” Xander said, as he sat in front of the two beside Willow.

“You weren’t supposed to say it in front of everyone, Whelp.” Spike said, a little too loud, earning a look from the teacher.

*

Spike sat in the bar, and downed his fifteenth beer in one gulp. “Another, Willie.” He called to the bartender.

“I think you’ve had enough, buddy. What ever happened to your job?” Willie questioned.

“Got fired. I have money, though. I have enough money to hold me over for about a year. My parents live in England, and they send me some to keep me from going home. I’m a little much for their people.” His words were slurred.

“What happened to ya?” Willie asked.

“I fucked up,” was Spike’s reply. He looked to his right, to see a tall model-like brunette. She smiled at him coyly, as she put the beer bottle to her lips and licked the tip. “Hi, there, pet.” He said, looking over her body.

“The name’s Lilah. I came in for a little after work drink, but I have a feeling I’m going to get a little more.” She wore a pinstripe pants suit, stood from her seat. It wasn’t long before she had him in her car, and he allowed her to ride him. The Mercedes bounced to their rhythm, and as soon as they came; they headed back to her place to continue.

He wasn’t thinking, or he was. Buffy clouded his mind, and he imagined the woman before him, that was sucking his dick, was Buffy. He moaned and groaned, fucking her mouth, and whispering Buffy’s name.

Lilah didn’t care; she only wanted to get hers.

All Spike wanted was a temporary replacement, until he had enough nerve to get Buffy back, or forget her forever.

*A/N: I know, I'm evil, but it's the process of trying to get over someone. It will get better after all the bad stuff....I love u readers, now, review:)....Thanx to my beta, Ash...*