Chapter Fourteen: Missing Him

She pulled on her shortest black mini, and highest knee high black boots. Her black top was tight and sheer, a white tank top underneath. She was going to the Bronze, and she was going to force herself to enjoy it.

It had been two months since that night, since Spike used her and threw her to the side after finding out the truth. She needed to get out there. The only man that wanted her at that moment was Riley, and she couldn’t go through that again.

“Buffy, are you going somewhere?” Giles asked from his place on the recliner, when Buffy passed the living room.

“Just Bronzing.” She replied. She slowed at Giles’ worried expression. “Is that okay? Is mom okay? Where’s Dawn?” She had been out of tune with her family since she came back from New York.

“You’re mother’s sleeping, and Dawn’s at Janice’s. Everything is fine…I’m actually quite worried about you.” He took off his glasses and cleaned the lenses with his handkerchief. He usually did so when he was nervous.

“Me? Giles, I’ll be fine.” She replied. “I just have a lot on my mind since I left Spike…I mean New York.”

“It has come to my attention that something happened between you and Spike.” He said.

“What makes you think that?” She asked.

“The phone bill wasn’t as high as it was when you and Spike were considered ‘Spuffy.’” He replied.

“Don’t worry about me, Giles. I’ll get over it.” She took her leather jacket from the coat rack beside the front door. “Don’t wait up.” She warned, making her way out the door.

*

“Buffy…” Again, he moaned her name, and with a whisper in his ear from the girl beneath him, he corrected himself. “Cecily…”

“That’s better, Baby.” She said, with a gasp of ecstasy. “I can’t help…but wonder who…that Buffy…is…you scream…her name almost…every time you’re…cumming for me…” She said between each thrust.

“None of your bloody business.” He said, as he released his seed with the latex glove. He rolled over to Cecily’s side, and discarded the condom. Within minutes, he was dressing quickly, and out the door without a goodbye.

*

“Buffy, I’m glad to see you leave the confines of your room, other than for going to work.” Xander said, when she entered the Bronze.

“Came in search for a little help obtaining some orgasms?” Anya questioned, sipping her drink.

“No, just came to start the process of moving on.” Buffy sat across from the couple, and looked around the small club.

“Are you looking for a willing partner to shake your groove thing with?” Anya asked.

Buffy spotted a bleached head of spiky hair across the room, and for a second her heart jumped out of her throat. But then she saw it wasn’t Spike, and she let out a sigh. A tap on her shoulder, and smiling blue eyes on a brunette, lead her to the dance floor.

“I’m Parker Abram.” He said into her ear, putting his hands around her waist.

“Buffy Summers.” She said, her arms encircling his neck. She let herself get lost in the feel of his hold, a stranger’s hold. That’s what made it better. It was new and exciting.

*

It was all he could do from going crazy, sex with a different girl each night. It was mostly because he barely slept without her beside him. When he went home to his own bed, he snuggled up beside a t-shirt that and belonged to Buffy, inhaling the smell of vanilla and jasmine.

But that night was different, he felt a song within his heart, and began doing something he hadn’t been able to in a while. He sat on the couch, his guitar in his arms, and a pen in the other, as he wrote down lyrics to a song.

*

When he offered to walk her home, she accepted, taking his hand happily. The night was chilly, and autumn was present in the wind.

“I’ve never really looked into a girls eyes, and felt so utterly perfect. Well, until now.” He spoke, sweetly. His charm was irresistible.

“I’m flattered.” She spoke softly.

“You seem like you’ve gone through a lot, Buffy.” Parker could see the pain in her eyes, pain that people of thirty have experienced.

“More than enough.” She was brief but gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

“I can take it all away.” They came before her house, and turned to face each other once they reached the stairs.

“Please do.” She begged, and he leaned in to kiss her. Their lips fused together, and in an instant Buffy was stumbling backwards. The heat of his lips was a reminder of Spike; all they had together, every touch. She let out a sob, and went for the door. “I’m sorry…I can’t.” She fumbled with the keys, but got the door open.

She slammed it shut, and leaned her back against the mahogany, sliding to the floor in tears.

“Buffy?” Dawn’s voice came from the top of the stairs, and the sight down below, sent her rushing. “Buffy, what happened?”

Buffy looked at her little sister kneeling before her worriedly, tears streaming down her face. “I-I can’ do it. I can’t forget about him. I just miss Spike.” As the words fumbled from her lips, she let out a cry, and sobbed in Dawn’s thin arms.


*A/N: Aw...*DRY TEAR*...well it's progressing here and there, but i have many surprises ahead, so brace yourself.*