Chapter Twenty: Goodnight Sweet Girl

She stood before the full-length mirror, a smile plastered on her face, as she twirled. The long white gown swished at her feet, and the veil whipped behind her. “This is the most happiest day of my life.” She gushed.

“Even better than that night you found fifty bucks in the street?” Buffy asked with a smile.

“As much as I love money, my love for Xander is far more important.” Anya said. They were finally getting married. “And to think, you were in this same room five months ago, and you fit through that window.”

“If it wasn’t for Spike, I would have reached that window.” Buffy stood beside Anya, wearing the lavender strapless bridesmaid dress she had picked. Anya wanted green, but Buffy was able to talk her out of it.

There was a gentle knock on the door, and then it was pushed open by Willow. “Are you almost ready? The Harris and Jenkins family are gonna go at it any minute if you don’t get your hide down that isle.”

“Go take your place.” Anya ordered Buffy.

Buffy made her way out of the small room and to the doors that lead to the aisle. Spike stood there, waiting for her in a black tux. She whistled low, and smiled at him appreciably.

As maid of honor and best man, Buffy linked her arm with Spike, holding a small bouquet of paisleys in her other hand.


“And just think, you would have been walking down this isle with Captain Cardboard if it wasn’t for me.” He whispered in her ear.

“I think I like it better this way.” She whispered back.

“Why, Ms. Summers, is that a proposal?” He asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“Do you want it to be?” She was being bold.

He smirked at her, the sexy way he usually did, but he didn’t answer her. Who would have thought, they had come to terms with their true feelings only a month ago? It seemed as though they belonged together.

The music started, and they began making their way down the isle, Willow following on Tara’s arm, Dawn on Anya’s Little brother Andrew’s, and a surprise, Cordelia on Oz’s. They got in line at the alter, the men beside Xander, and the women waiting for Anya. The flower girl walked at a quick pace, rushed by Anya, along with the ring barer.

Buffy only stared at Spike as he stood across from her, and The Wedding March began playing. A first, when Xander saw Anya, tears flooded his eyes.

The guests watched, in aw of the happy couple. Even Giles, who was Anya’s employer, looked as though he was going to cry. Riley sat in the audience, as well, eyeing Buffy. His date, Sam, gently elbowed his ribs, and he mouthed a “sorry” her way.

As Anya and Xander said their vows, Spike watched Buffy’s teary eyes. He realized that was what he wanted. He wanted her to belong to him for eternity.

*

“I was once a wreck…I know it’s not hard to believe, but a very special girl became my friend, and lover…not without a fight of course. So, with the bride and groom’s permission, I’m going to sing a little song that I wrote when I lost her.” Spike stood on the stage, a microphone in hand.

Oz was backing him on the bass, and Larry on the drums. The old band from Sunnydale High was back, for the day, at least. The reception had been bumpy, with the two families in the Bronze, and Xander recommended that Spike and the Dingoes get together for old time’s sake.

Buffy stood before the stage, looking up at him with a wide smile, and he began serenading her.

Are we done for now
Or is this for good
Will there be something in time?
With us there should

Only girl for me is you
There can be no other one
If I didn’t have faith
I would come undone

She swooned at his words, and she thought back to earlier that day, before they walked down that isle together. It had felt perfect.

So much promise in your eyes
Seems that I can only see
It always makes me wonder
If you save it all for me

Maybe you do
Maybe you don’t
Maybe you should
Probably won’t

He reached the edge of the stage, and reached for her hand. She took it, and he pulled her onto the stage.

Because there will be…
There will be other guys
Who will whisper in your ear
Say they’ll take away your sadness
And you fears

They may be kind and true
They may be good for you
But they’ll never care for you
More than I do

‘I won’t give any other man a chance to love you.’ He thought as he stared into her hazel eyes. He was drowning in her, his love radiating from his skin, his eyes, and combining with hers.

I’ll always be there
There to the end
I can’t do much
But be your one true friend

To the end
Through the end
Our lives to spend
With each other till the end
Of time…

He really ripped it without struggling, and Buffy felt her waterfall. His brow was sweating as he sung, and he put a hand on her waist, facing her.

Still see promise in your eyes
And still wonder id it’s for me
But I know it’s still there
Even when you sleep

So, I say, good night sweet girl

“I love you, Buffy.” He said through the applause.

*A/N: Okay, so we have two more chapters...::TEAR:: Don't worry, I'll be writing again. Enjoy raders and please review...thanx for Ash!!!*