Chapter Twenty-One: Long Time Coming

“How come you’ve never written me a song?” Anya asked, as they sat at the big table with Willow, Tara, Cordelia, Oz, and Spike surrounding them. Buffy had excused herself to stop the make out session that had been going on between Dawn and her new boyfriend, Conner.

“Ahn, I can’t carry a note if my life depended on it.” Xander replied.

“So when did you become Buffy-whipped?” Cordelia asked curiously, her brows up.

“Bullocks. I am no such thing.” Spike defended, as he played with the small velvet box in his pocket.

“Sound the whips people.” Oz said, nonchalantly.

“That song was really great.” Willow said, excitedly.

“A-agree.” Tara stuttered.

“It’s nice to see that old crushes come up and bite you in the ass. I mean, you hated seeing her fawn over your brother, and now, you two fawn over each other.” Oz stated.

“But it has been one hell of a journey to get them here.” Xander said.

“But many good orgasms. Buffy’s been smiling a lot over the last month.” Anya said happily.

“Spike,” Buffy called from across the hall, as she stood by the bathroom door. Spike was up in a flash, excusing himself to make his way over to her.

“No such thing, my ass.” Cordelia said happy, as Anya’s cousin Groo tapped her on the shoulder and asked for a dance. She smiled widely and took his hand.

Spike kissed Buffy chastely on the lips, and looked into her eyes. “You wanted me, Luv?”

“I’m feeling a little, frisky. Especially after your performance.” She said. “Do you think we could-“

“How fast can you get out of that dress?” He asked, pushing her into the bathroom and locking the door behind them.

She spun around to give him access to the zipper. It slid down to pool at her feet. She spun back, her thong covering very little. He pushed her against the wall of the bathroom, and removed said thong. He then unbuttoned his slacks and let them fall to the floor. He took her ass in his hands and lifted her on to his shaft. She moaned as she slid down, and allowed him to thrust within her.

Outside of the bathroom door, a crowd headed by Lorne, the Bronze’s owner, was listening intently.

There were moans and the sound of slapping skin, along with a bit of whispering.

“Marry me…Buffy…” Spike said through thrusts.

Her breath caught, and she thought she would die, but an orgasm overcame her, literally. “Yes…Yes…”

He wasn’t sure if the answer was pleasure inflicted or earnest, so after his released, as he helped her with her dress, he asked again. He turned her after zipping up her dress, and looked into her eyes. “Marry me, please…I can’t imagine my life without you.”

“Spike…I will.” She accepted, and when they came out of the restroom, the crowd dissipated. They looked around at the smirking guests, and joined hands as blush crept up to their cheeks.

“I can’t make out with my boyfriend, but you can boink yours in the bathroom at a party!” Dawn said loudly.

“Dawn!” Buffy shouted. “I’m older, and Spike isn’t just my boyfriend, he’s my fiancé.”

The music stopped, and everyone’s attention turned to Buffy and Spike, who stood with their hands together before the bathroom door. Buffy bit her tongue, wishing that she hadn’t let it out without thinking. Jaws dropped, and whispers were scattered.

“Another wedding! Oh boy!” Anya clapped her hands together enthusiastically, and many joined in.

Spike took the box from his pocket, and let go of Buffy’s hand. He got on his knees before her, and she watched in shock. “What are you doing?” She asked.

“Buffy,” His voice was a small whisper as he opened the box before her, “marry me? Let them see that you’re going to give me all of you.”

She looked at the golden band and diamond, and gasped. It was a fairytale. Riley had given her the same thing, but coming from Spike it meant much more.

“Okay…again.” She said, and Spike stood to put the ring on her small left ring finger.

The room erupted in cheers, and Riley walked out, but no one noticed. Spike leaned down and planted a gentle kiss on a smiling Buffy.

“Now that was a long time coming.” Dawn said to Conner, taking his hand and walking to their table. “They like, liked each other since they were little. Buffy is just stubborn.”

*A/N: There's still the epilogue but I just want to thank the readers for their support and my beta Ash. I'll have a new story up tonight, and the epilogue to this one tomorrow...enjoy.*