Chapter Four: Nobody

Spike awoke to the sound of a vacuum, and old No Doubt on the stereo. He groaned loudly and stood, searching for a pair of pants. Freedom was being able to sleep in the buff. He pulled on a pair of sweatpants, and walked out of his bedroom to see Buffy, bouncing around to “Spider Webs,” and vacuuming the living room carpet, oblivious to him.

She wore a pair of short blue shorts, and a white spaghetti strap tank top, which was a bit see-through. Spike took in the circles of her nipples appreciatively. ‘The things I would do to you.’ He felt himself twitch, and noted that he was wearing sweatpants.

He allowed his attention to turn to the apartment, which was amazingly clean. He should have invited Buffy over sooner.

The sudden ring of the phone snapped Buffy out of her trance. She jumped, when she saw a shirtless Spike standing there. She turned off the vacuum and music, as Spike made his way toward the phone in the kitchen. She salivated slightly, and tried to avert her eyes, but it was damn near impossible. She listened to his words.

“’Ello. Hi, there Harm. I thought we decided to leave it alone. I know. Yeah. Blondie Bear missed you too.”

‘Blondie Bear?’ She sat on the couch, and his voice echoed through the apartment. She suddenly regretted cleaning the clutter, seeing how it filled up the empty space.

“No, I have someone staying here for a little while. Just the summer. Yeah, I’m sure I can come by after work. We’ll have a little shag, then? Okay, pet. See you then.” He hung up, happy that he wouldn’t have to listen to Harmony Kendall’s voice until later that night, but she wouldn’t be talking, only moaning. With Buffy around, his libido was at an all time high, and he needed a release.

He made his way into the living room, to see Buffy sitting with her eyes on the blank TV. “It helps if you turn it on, Luv.” He put a hand through his tousled hair, and sat beside her.

“Sorry, Blondie Bear.” Buffy mocked with a sly smile.

“Oh bullocks. That was my ex. Broke up when I got the invitation to the wedding.” He explained.

“Oh, did she get Anya-syndrome?” Spike looked at her questionably. “When Xander got my invitation, Anya got a little obsessive, and they’re on the verge of engagement. Xander blames me, lots.”

“Not really, pet. It wasn’t Harmony, really, although I prefer syphilis to the bint. It was you getting married; I was the only man in your life besides Xander and Giles. You depended on me for everything, and then you were going to have a husband for that, and a whole lot more.” He explained, looking into her hazel eyes.

“If it helps, Riley and I didn’t have a very active sex life.” She diverted from his gaze, and looked toward the window.

“It really doesn’t.” Knowing that she had sex with him killed him.

“Sorry, but look at you. You obviously don’t like the girl, and you’re going to her for a piece of ass. Please tell me she’s not another Drusilla.” Buffy was slightly aggravated.

“Nothing like Dru, more of the cheerleader on Prozac type.” He winced at his own explanation.

Buffy only laughed. “I’ll pray for you.” She stood, and began putting away the vacuum cleaner.

He sighed. “Thanks, pet.” When she said nothing, he spoke again. “I have needs.”

“Well, I hope your penis enjoys the annoying little ‘bint’ that you obviously hate, you…a big stupid guy.” She went to her room, without another word.

A smirk crossed his lips, and a feeling of pride came over him. She was jealous.

*

Spike and Buffy spent the day at Central Park, and then after a quick stop at the house to eat dinner and change, they headed to Spike’s job. Spike wore a casual black t-shirt, the club’s logo across the chest in white, and black jeans as usual, but when Buffy exited her room, his dick twitched so hard, he thought he’d cum right there.

She were a black mini-skirt, a foot above her knee, a black backless top, that covered her breast, showing a large amount of the slight cleavage she had and see-through material covering part of her toned stomach, and black knee high boots. Her long golden hair tumbled loosely down her back, and her makeup was smoky and dark.

“Bloody hell, Summers, you’re not leaving like that!” Spike growled angrily.

She walked toward him, leaning against his body. “Last time I checked you weren’t my daddy. Besides, I’m a free woman. If you’re going to be having sex tonight, I might as well get a little action myself.”

His jeans tightened. “You better not.”

“I have as much of a right as you. When I came to stay with you, it was to have fun, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do.” With that, she walked toward the door, and Spike could only follow.

*

He watched her from behind the bar, the way she moved her body to the rhythm, and grinded against her willing dance partner. He was amazed at the change she made. “So little brother, what got into her?”

“Peaches, I’m surprised to see you here.” Spike looked at his older brother, as her poured him a drink. “Ran from the alter, and decided to go a little wild. You should go and say hi.”

“I plan on it.” Angel downed his drink and slowly moved onto the dance floor. He gently pushed the man that was dancing with Buffy aside, and leaned himself against her bottom. “You’re still beautiful.” He whispered in her ear.

She was oblivious that her partner had been pushed out of the way, and that her old flame was grinding against her, until she heard his voice. Her fluttered at first, but she snapped back to reality, as she turned to face him. “Where’d my partner go?” She asked in a low voice, her eyes flaming as she continued dancing.

“Who cares, you’re with me now.” He placed his hands on her hips, and their lips were an inch apart.

Spike watched from the shadows behind the bar, his fists clenched, and his heart raced. That was his brother; he wasn’t supposed to be jealous.

She ran a hand down his chest. “Is this what you want?” She asked, a sly smile on her face.

“Once wasn’t enough…you’re a big girl now Buffy. Have you learned how to act like one?” He was so sure that she’d give in to him again.

“Enough to tell you to bite me, and fuck off.” She said it in a low voice, the smile still on her face, as she spun around to look for Gunn, the tall dark man she’d been dancing with.

Angel grabbed her arm pulling her back to him. “Been there, done that. I’m sure Spike would love to here about what a bunny you are in bed.”

Her eyes darted to the blonde behind the bar, and he looked at though he was about to run over and hurt his brother…for her. She sighed deeply, and without looking at him, she said, “Fuck you.”
“Wouldn’t you just love-“ Angel was cut off when Gunn appeared.

“Buffy, is this guy bothering you?” He asked, looking at Angel.

“No, but I’m glad you’re here. He’s just an old friend.” She snatched her arm from his grip and took Gunn’s arm.

“Let’s get out of here.” Gunn said.

“Sure thing.” She turned back to Angel. “Do me a favor, and let Spike know I went back to his apartment with Gunn. See you around.” She walked away linked to Gunn, and Angel stormed over to the bar.

“What the bloody hell was that about, you ponce?” Spike asked.

“Buffy went to the apartment to play with her new friend.” Angel said. He was pissed off at how Buffy just cast him aside like he was nobody. He was her world in high school. He was her first. “I’m going to head home. Darla’s waiting for me.” He took the beer Spike offered and left.

Rage filled Spike, at the thought of Buffy leaving with a stranger. He was quick to call Harmony, and cancel. She made him promise he’d stop by the next day. Then, he asked his boss if he could leave early, but had to wait an hour to stop Buffy from making a mistake.

*A/N: Please send feedback. This is leading up to some good stuff, so stay tuned. Thanx to Ash always.*