Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the introduction of....Spike! (audience: Hooray!) and also stuff happening. And it still has to start up before exciting stuff happens. But be patient me dearies. I also wanted to thank my beta Fleur. You're a sweetheart ^_^*hugglings*
And ofcourse the people who reviewed my last chapter *more hugglings* Okay, I'm done now.
Chapter 2

Today’s Friday morning and I’m putting new CDs in the racks. From my stereo Deathcab For Cutie is whining. I like their music, but it’s a lot of ‘the-world-sucks’ and a lot of the same.

Anyhow, Friday is always slow. At least Friday morning.
Around eleven a man stumbles in.
“Hey!” He yells.
“Hey!” I reply from the back of the shop. I’m putting away empty boxes, in case you were interested.

The man is William or, as he likes to be called, Spike. He’s 26 and my bestest friend since Junior High. He used to be geek with glasses and mouse brown hair until he started to date this crazy chick, Drusilla. She changed his looks and then dumped him. He never changed back. His hair is now brighter then the sun and he only wears black. He’s not bad looking though. He never was. He has the bluest eyes you can ever imagine, razor sharp cheekbones and a well trained body. He’s a babe. If I didn’t know him since….forever I would date him. He’s into punk-rock. He always liked it, even when he was geeky. I guess his looks suit his musical preference.

Anyways, he owns a pub just around the corner. It’s called the Rusty Fork (seriously, don’t ask). Well actually, he doesn’t own it. His dad does, but he’s never here so…
Will comes by every once in a while to pick up new CDs and ask for new local bands so he can offer them a gig. Every Wednesday and Saturday night bands are performing. It’s a real hit. People love it.

“So? You coming tomorrow?” He asks me when I appear from the back. I climb over the counter (it’s going from wall to wall. No one ever had the bright idea of putting some sort of board in it that you can lift up and go through. Every one just climbs over) and start making coffee. I shrug and ask: “Who’s playing?”

“Some bad called Cherry tomatoes. I haven’t heard them live, but the demo they send me is quite good.” Will mumbles, while he’s flipping through some records. He’s a junkie, just like me. We’re always searching for new stuff to take home with us. “Can I borrow this?”
I look at the record he’s holding up. London Calling by ‘the Clash’.
“Will...” I start.

“What?” He asks me in a defending manner, “I always bring them back without a scratch and you get free drinks at the pub. It’s a nice arrangement, I say.”
I smile widely. “That’s not what I wanted to tell you. What I wanted to say: ‘You’ve borrowed that one like a million times. Why don’t you just buy it?’”
William studies the album in his hands. “I dunno. Never thought about it.”
I grab to cups, stationed under the counter and put them don’t with a small bang. “You can have it.”
“Seriously?”

I nod. “Consider it an early birthday gift or something.”
“Thanks!” He replies with a smile and then climbs over the counter to sit at a stool behind it. Will is the only non-employee who can get away with that.
I grin at him and pour some coffee in the mugs. I hand him one and then sit down as well.
“Is it okay if I bring Riley with?” Riley is now my sort-of boyfriend.
“Sure. Whatever you want. Let’s see if you can loosen Captain Cardboard up a bit.” The bleached blond comments with a smirk.

“Captain Cardboard?”
“He’s, I dunno, boring.”
“ I know Riley is more quiet and normal than my last few boyfriends, but that’s what I like about him.” I say before taking a sip.

“At least he’s more decent then that Parker guy you slept with.” Will huffed.
I just glare at him. He shifts uncomfortable in his seat. “Was I not supposed to know that?”
“I can’t believe Willow told you that!”

“Willow? Who says it was Willow?”
“Willow is the only who knows. The only other way you could’ve known is by following me…You talked to Parker didn’t you?” I stare and point my finger at him accusingly.
He holds up his hands in defends and squeaks: “I’m sorry! He just came up to the bar and started talking about the worst screw he had last night, by some Summers girl.”
My arm drops. This is not good. How could that shitface do that to me? Like he’s so wonderful. “I’m gonna kill the asshole.”

“No, I pounded his face already. He’ll have to recover from that first.” Will replies with a smug smile.
I decide to change the subject. “So, I’ll meet you at the pub tonight?”
Will nods. “It’s gonna be wonderful. Trust me.”

*^*^*^*^*

So, I’m at dinner with Riley. We’re at this little Italian place which has the greatest chicken-pesto. And we have fun. We’re not exactly clones, but that isn’t necessary for a nice evening. It keeps the conversation going. We talk about all kinds of stuff: music (his dad really enjoyed the Ray Charles record), movies, art.

“So, have you seen Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?” I ask him before taking a bite.
Riley nods. “Yes, but I didn’t really like it. The storyline is hard to follow and it’s not very funny. Or at least not as funny as some people say.”

I nearly drop my fork. “Please tell me you’re kidding. I mean, yeah, the storyline isn’t that easy, but there are funny parts. Like the part where that Rory-guy set some one on fire. Or that last part with the bag. That was funny.”
He just shrugs. “I like Cast Away better.”
“Hmmm…I don’t really like that one. It is okay, I guess, but not something I would watch on a lazy Sunday afternoon.”
Riley just smiles and continues his dinner.

Time passes and when I check my watch and I see it’s 9.45. “Riley, we have to leave soon.”
Riley seems totally unaware of the plans we made for later that evening. “What? Why?”

“We were going to see this band in the pub, remember?”
“Can’t we just go to my place?” He almost pleads.
“I’d like to, but I really have to see this. Will told me that this really great band is performing and need to see if they are as great as they seem and then see if they have a CD or a single or something, that I could sell at the shop.” I explain to him.

“Alright,” he sights, “But if they suck, we’re so gone.”
“Thanks honey.” I smile at him

*^*^*^*

The pub is far more busy then normal. Those Cherry Tomatoes must be something hot. Riley looks very uncomfortable in the crowd, but I just drag him to the bar.
Will is tending tonight and he seems happy to see me.
“Hey Will!” I scream over the noise.

“Hey Buff! It’s crowded, isn’t it?” He asks in a loud voice.
I nod and ask Riley what he wants to drink. He tells me a beer is fine. I gesture to Will ‘two beers’ and wait for the band. In less then 5 minutes I have to beers in my hands. Riley already has his wallet drawn. I shake my head. “No need. It’s free.”

“For everyone?” Riley questions with pulled up eyebrows.
“No! Just for me! I know the owner of this pub. You know him too, William! We kind of have an arrangement.” I tell him.

“What kind of arrangement?” I did not overlook the jealous note in his voice.
“I get free drinks, if he gets free records.”
“Ah. That kind of arrangement.”

Suddenly a group of 2 girls and 3 boys come on stage come on stage. A brown-haired boy picks up the microphone and yells: “Hello New York!”
The crowd cheers and I find I’m cheering with them.


“We’re Cherry Tomatoes and I’ve always wanted to do that.”
Giggles erupt from the audience. The boy gives his band mates a sign and they start playing a energetic and catchy tune.

I realize I’m jumping up and down together with the rest of the people. I turn around and see Riley actually enjoying himself. After four songs, they take a little break and go to the bar and get more drinks.
“This band is awesome!” I tell Will.

“I know! They rock.” He replies handing me two more beers. “Do you think you can do something for them?”
“Sure. Just make sure I have the opportunity to catch them at the end of their set.” I instruct him and then I walk back over to Riley.
“I actually like them.” He says. I nod and take a sip of my beer. “I’m gonna stay a little longer after they finished.”

He pulls up his eyebrows. Not a good sign, coming from him.
“Relax!” I giggle, “I’m just gonna give them an opportunity to sell stuff.”
Riley visibly relaxes. After a few minutes the band comes back up and starts playing again. Just as good as before, but a tad bit slower to let the audience calm down.
Their last song, however, is just as energetic as the first and everyone is hopping up and down like one man. They even have to do an encore!

Around twelve I’m sitting with Riley at the bar and the crowd is mostly gone. Suddenly someone taps me on the shoulder. I look directly into two blue eyes and I smile. Behind Will the boy from the stage is looking uncomfortable.

“Hey,” I greet. Will smiles and walks away.
“Hey,” The boy replies.
“I’m Buffy Summers. I wanted to know if you have an album or single or something.” I cut directly to the chase.
“I’m Xander Harris and no, we don’t. We just have our demo out.” The boy answers nervously.
“I’m willing to help you. You guys are great and you could really make it big.” I say with an encouraging voice.
“Really?”

I nod and then I say: “Look, here’s my card. I own a record shop not far from here. You should stop by sometime.”
Xanders face breaks into one goofy smile. “Thanks! I can’t wait to tell the band!”
I grin and say: “My pleasure.” And then Riley and I leave.

TBC





A/N: Lock, Stock is one of my favorite movies. I recommend it to all of you! And all the people I have offended with stuff about Deathcab For Cutie, I hate to dissapoint you, but I really mean what it says there. I like them though.
*wanders off*