Author's Chapter Notes:
It took a long time, I know, I know. But I want you to know, I put a lot of thought into this chapter. Be happy :D
Chapter 3:
The next day I have a major headache. I wasn’t drunk when I came home, I just didn’t sleep a lot. No…no sex. Riley went home and so did I. But I was really excited about this band and I was figuring out how to help them. And after a while I couldn’t sleep anymore so I got up and jotted down the plans and now I have a headache, because I went to bed at 2 and I got up at 5. But lucky for me it’s Sunday. This means hanging on the couch, watching a movie. Either a classic or something really bad. I’m thinking a bout the Omen. The boy who plays Damien is also in the remake coming out this year. Now he plays the fabulous role of Tabloid Reporter #3.


I can imagine it. “So, kid who plays Damian (I think his name is Harvey Stephens), what are your future goals?”
“I don’t know Bob. Maybe I’ll play in a bad TV-series. But the role I really want to play is Tabloid Reporter #3 in the remake of the Omen.”



I, by the way, heard that there are actually 4 babies now who play Damien. That’s funny isn’t it? Your first big role and you have to share it with four others. And they’re not even related!



Anyways, I’m not gonna watch the Omen. I just found my tape of ‘The West Side Story’
Much better on a Sunday. A dribbly, girly music with a bad ending. Kind of like Romeo and Juliet except Juliet doesn’t die, nor does she even act like she’s dead. I think that if they made a sequel out of it, it would be great. Because now it can be continued. No one knows how Maria will cope.



I station my self on my couch with a big bucket of chocolate ice cream. Somewhere around the part where they sing the song ‘Gee, Officer Krupke’, my phone rings.
“Wazzup?” I say.
“Hey Buff.” Sounds on the other side of the line. It’s Will.
“Hey, what’s up?”
“Can you come over today?”
“Yeah, sure. Why?”
“I need to talk to you about something.” He’s sounds kind of off. It’s spooky. He’s always good moody.
“Alrighty. I’ll be over in a sec.”


*^*^*^*


Twenty minutes later I walk into his apartment. Will is in his kitchen baking brownies. The Who is blasting out of his stereo set.
“Hey!” I greet him. “How are you?” I situate myself on his counter, next to him.
“I’m fine…” He sounds to depressive to be fine.
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing!”
I sight and roll my eyes. “Will. You’re not smiling and you’re baking. Two very big clues. And you listen to the Who by the way. And not even the regular shit. It’s ‘Tommy’. Don’t deny you’re down”



“Since when did I ever bake when I was down?”
“When you were 10 and you broke your Spiderman action figure you made a whole batch of ‘Reese’s grand obsession’. When you were 13 and Slinky McAdams broke your glasses you baked Madeline’s. When you had your first date you actually made Belgium chocolates. When Dru broke up with you, you made volcano cakes. You’re baking something’s wrong.”
He let out a deep sight and turned to me.



“Alright. Something is wrong. Go look in my bedroom. Quietly.”
I jump of the counter and sneak over to one of the doors. It’s dark, but I can see clear enough because of the daylight in the living room. In his bed is a teeny tiny girl.
I’m quite astonished I must say.
“Why is there a miniature version of Drusilla having a nap in your bed.”
Will puts me down on the couch and then says: “She’s my daughter.”
My eyebrow shoot up and I have the urge to scream: “WHAT!” But I can’t do that to the little girl so I just say: “Oh interesting. How come?”



Will starts pulling faces. He does that when he’s uncomfortable with telling me something. “A couple of years ago….” He starts.
I just stare at him.
“Fine! 5 years ago, when I was wandering around, wondering if I should go back to college.”
“You mean your world famous backpacking-trip-through-Europe-but-not-exactly-because-I-couldn’t-pay-the-ticket-so-I-just-hitchhiked-through-America-pretending-to-be-in-Europe?”
He grits his teeth. I love to annoy him in any way possible.



“Yes…I ran into Dru. I was still mad at her for doing what she did to me. I tried to shake her off, but suddenly she apologizes and tells me that she should’ve never hurt me the way she did. We started talking and kind-of decide to have a one night stand.”
“You had sex with the crazy lady?”
“Kind of obvious isn’t it?”
I shrug and let him continue.



“So we had sex and next morning we say our goodbyes and stuff. Because I’m staying here and she was going back to London. Apparently she got pregnant and had a baby girl, who is sleeping in the next room right now.”
“I kind of get that part, Will. But what is the kid doing here?”
He takes a deep breath. Never a good sign.
“Dru died.”
“What? When? How?”



“She died two weeks ago. In a car accident.”
“Oh my. So the kid is now an orphan of some sorts?”
“No, stupid chit. It’s mine! According to the paperwork. Well, according to everything.”



I’m totally out of words for this. Suddenly the door to the bedroom opens and a girl with black curling hair comes out. “Daddy? Who’s the blonde lady?”
Will’s face suddenly melts into a smile and he says: “That’s aunt Buffy.”
The girl slowly walks up to me, with a curious look on her face. She stops a feet away from me and says: “Hey auntie Buffy. I’m Isis.”



I smile and notice the child’s bright blue eyes. There is not even room for discussion.
“Daddy? Are you making something?” Isis asks.
“Yes, niblet. I’m making brownies for you.”
The little girl squeals and runs into the kitchen.
“Her name is Isis?”
“Yes.”
“Isis?”
“Yes!”
“Anything else?”
“Full name is Isis Hayes Norah Reynolds.”
“Poor kid.”
“Tell me about it.”



“So…Is she going to stay here?” I ask him.
“I guess so. I mean she was suddenly there yesterday night, with the message: ‘This is your daughter. Have fun!’ I can’t put my own daughter on the street. Or give her away. Just because her mom was weird and died.” Will says with sad voice.
“You’re right. But you have to move into a bigger apartment. She needs to have her own space and stuff.” I advise him.
“I know. Tomorrow they’re going to bring all of her clothes and toys.”



It is silent for a while. Suddenly Will asks: “Can you please, please help me with this?”
“Sure!” I smile, “That’s what friends are for. And right now I’m helping you to the kitchen, because little kids and brownie dough don’t mix. There’s always one likely to disappear.”


TBC



A/N: That stuff about the first kid from the Omen is completely true. Check it out on IMDb.


Butterfly!
*chases* :P