Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry I didn't update in such a long time, but school started and my grandma died a week ago, so I didn't really have time and motivation to go on.
I found out I am the favorite author of one person and I really liked that news. Thank you!
And of course, thanks to all the people who reviewed my past chapters :D
Chapter 6

Will came to live next door when I was 10. At that time my best friend was Faith. We used to play together a lot. The new boy next door was very interested in her and they were boyfriend and girl friend until we went to 7th grade.
Then Faith decided she was to ‘cool’ for us. She probably was. She always had wild plans and we just walked along with her. Us, Will the Geeky and Miss Flat-as-a-Board. We weren’t really popular, but weren’t really the losers of the school either. We had friends. Amy used to be my girlfriend all through high school and Will hung out with Oz.

Of course there were dates and boyfriends and girlfriends. One of my worst boyfriends was Angel. We dated for 2 years, but it was a ‘flashing light’ relationship. At first everything was fine, but after a month or two we started to have huge fits every once in while and then we broke up. After a week or 2 we got back together and then everything started all over again and after a month were broken up again. That went on and on forever until graduation. Then we decided it was enough and we became friends.

And then there were Cecily and Drusilla. The two girls that changed Will forever. Cecily was his first real crush. In 8th grade I had chemistry with her and Will shared his English and Biology classes with her. I never liked the girl. He was totally crazy about her. He wrote most of his poems about her and talked non-stop about her. It was driving me to the extreme.
Anyways, I convinced Will to express his ‘love’ for her. She told him he was beneath her. Will was devastated. I was happy. No more Cecily! It took him 5 months to get over her. But I think a part of him is still mourning.

Drusilla came to our school when we were Seniors. She and Will instantly connected, because of their English heritage and their love for certain bands. I never imagined it, but they started dating after a few months. Again Will was head over heals in love with her and I didn’t trust it. Drusilla could be nice, but she was a bit strange. Later on someone told me she was manically depressed, so that may have explained the whole thing. She changed Will into ‘Spike’ and I’m kind of happy she did. It helped him to get over his whole insecurity issue. His heart broke when he found out she cheated on him with a variety of guys. Once again Will was shattered. And this time I wasn’t happy. It took a much longer time to get over her. And once again he never got over her. Especially now it turned out he’s the father of her kid.

Anyways, we both grew up. He got his bar and I got my shop and we were still friends. We are still friends, just not on good terms right now. We talk from time to time and Isis still comes over every Wednesday. But I miss him. I wish something would happen that would bring us back to-


I stop writing to pick up my phone.
“hello?”
“Good day, is there a Miss Buffy Summers present?” A low male voice says on the other side of the line.
“Yes, this is her. Who is this?”
“This is Detective Jones. I have some bad news about your mother.”

This is the point where my world comes crumbling down. Again

“What is it?” I ask with a trembling voice.
“She died in a car accident.”

Told ya

I’m not sure how I did it, or how long it take me to do it, somehow I got Will on the phone.
“Hello?” his low and soothing voice said.
I just squeak and cry.
“Buffy?”
I nod, completely unaware he can’t see me.
“What’s wrong?”
I cry and squeak some more.
“I’ll be right over.”

*****

Maybe an hour maybe just 20 minutes later, Will storms in and sees me sitting on the couch with my phone still in my hand.
“Oh pet.” He just says and takes me in his arms where I start to sob uncontrollably. Suddenly I feel a small hand on my hair. Isis.
After a while I start to calm down a bit and manage to say with a shrill voice: “Mom died.”
“Oh my god. Buffy!” I start to cry again.

*****

I feel numb. I see what is happening around me, but I can’t register what exactly. People go in and out. Isis sits next to me and holds my hand. She’s the only one who is in my world. But I can’t respond to the things she asks.
“Is mommy now an orphan?”
“Does she need I new mommy like me?”
“Can’t you adopt her?”
And I don’t feel the need. Some one I can’t see, feel or hear is answering the questions for me.

*****

The next day is going by in a blur. I seem to sleepwalk through my life right now. I can’t respond to anything, except to Isis. Maybe that’s my maternal instinct. I can see everyone else, but I can’t connect to them.

*****

I get out of my trance when I’m in the airplane. It happens with a shock. Suddenly Will is sitting next to me.
“Hey,” he asks, “Are you back?”
I nod. “Yes.” Then I start crying again.
Will puts his arm around me and I lean against his shoulder.

*****

In the hospital I need to identify if it’s really my mother. Will is standing next to me and I’m holding his hand. When they remove the white sheet I nearly faint. There is my mom. She’s covered in blood. And she’s dead.
One of the people in white asks: “Is this Joyce Summers?”
I simply nod. I keep staring at her, until Will takes me away.

*****

The next time I see mom is the day after. She’s cleaned up and her clothes are washed. She looks like she is sleeping. Will is still with me, with his arm around my shoulder. He’s mourning as well. Mom helped him during difficult times. And Will spent most of his time at our house, so she was like his second mother.
Must be as hard as losing your real one.

******

All the things that need to be arranged, we arrange them together. Most of my family can’t come to funeral, because they live at the other side of the country. But we get a lot of cards. Will and I decided to stay at Mom’s house. It is weird, now she’s not there anymore, but it also feels safe.


******

Angel, Oz and most of the neighbourhood has come to her funeral. I give a little speech and so does Will. Then the vicar gives some speech about God and her chest gets carried away. My last words to her are: “I love you mom. Have fun with your reincarnation.”
I don’t see the chest going all the way into the ground. That is way to creepy. Everyone says their last words to my mother and then they leave.

*****

When I lie in bed that night, staring at my ‘New Kids On The Block’ posters, realisation kicks in. I’m an orphan. Who will take care of me?


TBC


A/N: I want to give special thanks to my mom who gave me inspiration for this chapter. And thank you once again for the reviews. i really apriciate it. Please review!