A/N: Sorry I didn't update in such a long time. I've been crazed, because of school and personal stuff. But soon I'll have free time. I'll post more of this and finish 'How it happened.' I promise! By the way. After this chapter you're all going to hate me :D

Disclaimer:the songs I used in this chapter aren't mine, but I suggest you listen to them.
-Hate to say I told you so by the Hives
-Rocky need a Lover by Bell X1

The band name is made-up by me.

And pretty please review ^-^



Chapter 8

It’s Tuesday afternoon and I’m sitting in Mira’s office. We just had a long conversation about my life. Well, we always have long conversations about my life, but today we discussed my love life. My ‘flashing light’ relationship with Angel, my one night stands and all that stuff. Somehow we land on the subject of William.
“Tell me something about him.” Mira orders me, her grey eyes looking intently at me as I pace around.
“What do you want to hear?” I ask her.
“What he’s like.”




“Okay, well, he’s 26 years old. He has bleached-blonde hair. Looks like a Billy Idol look-alike. He has blue eyes. He likes punk. He owns a bar called the Rusty Fork and he has a daughter called Isis.”
“Is he married?” I shake my head.
“No, Drusilla died in April.”
“So he’s a widower.”
I grin, but still shake my head. “He didn’t know he had a kid until she died and Isis got shipped over from England to New York.”
“She must’ve gone through a horrible time,” Mira mumbles. Her eyes look like they are staring at something in the distance. I wonder if dr. Gellar has a trauma of some sort.
“She handled it okay. She’s 5 years old. They are good at handling that kind of thing.” I say. She looks at me and smiles.




“You know Buffy, you’re doing really well. You’ve made a lot of progress in the past 4 months.”
“Well, I owe it all to you. And my friends of course. Without them I’d still be a wreck.”
Mira just smiles softly and then says: “I think it’s okay if we start to break down our appointments. We’ll have them once a week to see how you’re coping and from then on we’ll see.”
I nod and smile. “Thanks a million Mira. I really like our sessions.”
“Me too, actually.” She replies with a grin.
We say goodbye and I leave the office



*^*^*^*^*^*



It’s Saturday and there’s a band playing in Will’s bar. They’re called ‘I am the Resurrection’, after a song by the Stone Roses.
Their singer has a very nice voice and they play a weird combination of ‘Blink 182’ and Beach Boys, but all together they sound very nice.
I’m standing in the middle of the crowd, cheering and singing a long with some songs they’re playing. They play a lot of their own material, which is pretty good, but they can’t help but to play some songs of other people.



I’m cheering a long with ‘Hate to say I told you so’ by the Hives. Very few people know the lyrics, but everyone lets go when the band breaks loose at the sentence: Hate to say I told you soooo!


I feel happy and cheerful. I feel good. And when the band takes a break and I make my way to the bar I walk into a very nice person: Ben, my cutie no-spark date.
“Hey Buff!” he says to me in a loud voice.
“Hey Ben! How’re you doing?” I reply
“I’m doing okay! You?”
“Me too!”
He grins and shouts: “Good music, don’t you think?”
“Yes! They’re good. They even asked me to sell their CD in my store. I said I’d think about it, but they’re definitely worth it!”
Ben nods and asks if I want a drink. I agree, but only if I can get the drinks, since I can get them for free.



We listen to the band together and then go to his place to play Mustamaija. We have a really good time. Somehow it’s better than the last date we had last time. It’s late when he walks me home. When we’re standing in front of the entrance of my building, I decide to go with my impulses and I kiss him. It’s a nice kiss. Not too sloppy. And I definitely feel something this time, although I don’t know if it’s for real or just the happiness that’s making me drunk.
Ben doesn’t object. He must feel something too.




Somehow we end up at my place, sitting on my couch, still kissing. After a while we let go of each other.
“Buffy?” Ben says.
“Hmmm…”
“What’s this?” he asks me
“What’s what?” I don’t understand
“What’re we doing?”
“Kissing.” I giggle
“Yes. But is that it?” He sights, with a small ‘duh’ at the end.
“I dunno,” I answer, “we could try dating.”
“Sounds nice.” Ben grins.



We stay on the couch for another hour and then Ben decides to go home. We choose to go on a date on Monday and see what comes of it. At that moment I am happy.
I put on a random CD and the first song I hear is ‘Rocky Took a Lover’ by Bell X1. It’s about a homeless person who brings ‘home’ a girl and Paul Noonan wondered how that conversation was going to go. It doesn’t really fit my mood, but I can’t help but singing a long.



He said 'The sun gives life, and it takes it away
But like all the greats, it'll burn out someday'
She said 'I don't mind, I don't want to get bored
I don't want to end up beached on this shore
I want to be that star'





I remember I had a conversation like that with Will once. When he just got dumped by Drusilla, he was all mopy and wondered why he was here. Everything was going great, but suddenly he felt like he was at the bottom of the pit. What was the point of that?
I remember I told him that life wasn’t fun if it didn’t suck at times.
I grin at the memory of that night. Somehow I’m glad my mom died. I needed a downer to appreciate all the good things in life. Of course I’m said that Joyce isn’t here anymore, I loved her. She was my mother. But it feels good that I can think that other stuff too. I feel happy.
I put on my PJs and turn of my stereo set. Still happy.



That night I have a dream. Nightmare is better.
I’m standing at the top of the building. There’s a party, everything’s nice and fun and sparkly. Suddenly everything melts away and I’m alone with my mother and my father. It’s cold. We don’t speak or say anything. Suddenly there’s a shadow and a loud bang. My mother falls down, dead. Suddenly everything repeats its self. Everything is exactly the same. The sparkly-ness, the dead silence afterwards. Then comes the shadow. But instead of shooting my mom, she steps away and my dad is shot. Before he dies he says: “I guess I’m next.”



I wake up sweating and screaming. I calm down and realise it is all just a dream. I see my alarm clock: 5 A.M. I close my eyes to back to sleep, but I can’t anymore. Something’s nagging at me and I can’t figure out what it is.



TBC