Author's Chapter Notes:
Song by Britney spears

Sorry for the lack of updates as well.

Disclaimer~ I do not own any of the characters
Six months passed and things for the friends where looking up. Buffy even went into counsoling and was finsihing up her last appointment today. Things where diffrent for her and Spike. They wern't dating but they where once the friends that they where before. So that was a plus. The only diffrence was that Willow and Xander where married.

After all that had happened things turned out for the best. Things where going smoothly and Buffy and Spike's son was even happier than he was at one time. So that was also a plus. Buffy was now working at The Double Meat Palace. Spiek didn't approve of that because he didn't think it was the best place for her. He offered to pay for things and take care of them but Buffy refused. She didn't want him to feel that he had to take care of them. It was just so...wrong.

Walking into her house she was greeted my her son, "hey mommy can I stay wih Aunt Willow and Uncle Xander?" Buffy nodded, "Yeah let me clean up and you get your stuff okay? Then Mommy will take you over." She kissed his head and went upstairs to change. It was good because she had a gig at the Bronze tonight. So now she knew that he would be okay and she wouldn't feel bad about asking Spike to watch him again. Working two jobs was hard but it pain the bills.

Changing into a black spaghetti strap and red leather pants she headed down after curling her hair. She put her boots on and then went to her son, "Okay baby you ready?" He nodded. Billy was her pride and joy. He was her world and it took her a long time to relize it but she did and was thankful for him.

Walking to Willows door Buffy knocked. She smiled as her son was so excited because he would get to play video games with Uncle Xander, "Buffy hey come in." She hugged her best friend and walked in and her smile faded when she saw Spike with another women. She put a fake smile on, "Thanks you guys. He wanted to stay with you so I thought about not letting him but thank you for coming throught." She smiled. Billy ran to his daddy and jumped on his lap, "Daddy why you here?" Spike looked at him, "Me and Faith are visiting with Willow and Xander." Billy looked at Faith, "Who she?" He pointed with a funny face, "This is daddys girlfriend." Buffy stood there and then turned and headed to the car. She tried to tell herself it didn't bother her that he was seeing someone else. But she knew it did.

Watching the other girl leave Faith knew that she was suprised and hurt. But she was prettier than Buffy was anyway and she had her man. Watching Spike stand up she looked at him, "Where you going hunny?" Spike sighed, "I will be back okay?" He kissed her and headed out to Buffy's car. He saw her sitting there debating with herself. He walked over and pecked on the window. She sighed and rolled the window dow, "Hey what's up?" She said with a fake smile.

He hated when she faked to be okay. And especially when it was with him. He knew her better than anybody here and he knew when she wasn't okay and when she wasn't. "Why did you run out like that? I know you are hurt that I didn't tell.." She interuppted him, "You know what? Just go back in there, Spike. Im your friend thats all. You don't owe me an explanation. You can see who ever you want. I don't have a say in your life or what you do." He looked at her and sighed, "I will be there to see you perform tonight." With that he walked away and ran into Faith at the door.

Starting her ca she headed to The Bronze. She didn't care if he showed up or if he didn't. She kept telling herself that, "Keep telling yourself that, Summers and maybe you will believe it." She walked in and headed up to the stage to set up and practice. The blub wasn't open yet so that gave her enough time to practice.

"Faith not now. I am not in the mood to argue." He yelled. Sometimes this bint was worse than Harmony. Itsnot like she loved him or anything. So why should he even start to care if he hurt her feelings. After the fight she told him he was nothing and that Buffy would never love him and then she left.. He knew Faith was a whore and a bitch so why was he dating her? Because she was everything Buffy wasn't. Buffy was full of love and light and hope. Faith was dark. Complete opposite. And it didn't help. He still loved Buffy,

The club started to fill up and get busy. Buffy served the customers their drinks. She made good tips that was for sure. It was now time for her to get up and sing. She had heard rumors about her. Most where by girls who she use to go to school with and some where by older people. Ever since the incident with Ted it was in the paper and knews. He had done it before to girls and killed them, She survived. Some people praised her for it and others told her that she deserved it. But she didn't care what they thought.

Walking into the club Spike ordered him a drink and watched as Buffy was walking onto stage to sing. He went to the front and waved. She waved back despite her feelings, "Hey everybody, This is a new song I wrote. Not only am I sick of people judging me but all I have to say is what I do is none of your buisness." The music started.

"My Prerogative"

[Spoken:]
People can take everything away from you
But they can never take away your truth
But the question is..
Can you handle mine?

They say I'm crazy
I really don't care
That's my prerogative
They say I'm nasty
But I don't give a damn
Getting boys is how I live
Some ask me questions
Why am I so real?
But they don't understand me
I really don't know the deal about my sister
Trying hard to make it right
Not long ago
Before I won this fight

[Chorus:]

Everybody's talking all this stuff about me
Why don't they just let me live?
I don't need permission, make my own decisions
That's my prerogative
that's my prerogative
(it's my prerogative)

It's the way that I wanna live (it's my prerogative)
You can’t tell me what to do

Don't get me wrong
I'm really not souped
Ego trips is not my thing
All these strange relationships really gets me down
I see nothing wrong in spreading myself around

Everybody's talking all this stuff about me
Why don't they just let me live?
I don't need permission, make my own decisions
That's my prerogative
That’s my prerogative

Everybody's talking all this stuff about me
Why don't they just let me live?
I don't need permission, make my own decisions
That's my prerogative
that's my prerogative

It's the way that I wanna live (it's my prerogative)
You can’t tell me what to do

why can't I live my life
without all of the things
That people say
oh oh

Everybody's talking all this stuff about me
Why don't they just let me live?
I don't need permission, make my own decisions
That's my prerogative (they say I’m crazy)

Everybody's talking all this stuff about me
Why don't they just let me live? (they say I’m nasty)
I don't need permission, make my own decisions
That's my prerogative
(it's my prerogative)