Xander, Anya, Dawn, and Willow sat in silence in the living room, avoiding each other's gazes. Trying to settle all that had happened in their minds. Anya was going to suggest that they prepare for Spike's return, when cold, pale hands covered her mouth. The panic in her eyes matched all of her friends as they were dragged outside on the front lawn. Glee filled the vampires faces and Xander thought he recognized some of them from when Spike was evil. 'Which kinda' never changed' Xander remarked cynically to no one but himself.

"Mmm, looked like Spike wasn’t lying when he said they were more than a meal." Said a tall, bulky vampire.

“I want the guy with the extra meat on his bones!" cried a fledgling.

“Don't you dare, he's mine!" cried another.

"Keep your heads you idiots! The fullest one is mine!" Nicolas roared.

While the vampires were fighting over Xander, Willow was chanting a containment spell to surround the unsuspecting vamps.

"All who wish to challenge me for the fat one can, but you all know I will win." The leader said.

Several vamps ran at Nicolas only to get their necks broken in an instant. The other vampires silently let Nicolas have the pudgy one.

"Good, now for my trophy." The head vamp strutted towards Xander only to be stopped by an invisible wall.

"Argh!" the vamp roared. "What devilry is this?" Willow was now standing inches away from Nicolas.

"The kind that keeps devils out." Spite filled every word that left Willows mouth. A loud roar filled the air as all the vampires threw themselves at the confines of the wall.