"Spike! Can you hear me in there? Fight it Spike!" Buffy bellowed, hoping her voice would encourage Spike to fight The First.

"It's too late for him Slayer, he got out once, but I am crushing him with my mind. Soon his soul will be lost and he will be mine!" The First proclaimed.

"Spike! Nooo!" She cried out feeling that her Spike was lost forever.

"That's right Slayer, but don't worry, you won't be around to see him return to his evil ways." The First then jumped towards Buffy feet first and kicked her in the head. A bit dazed, but not beaten yet, she got up to finish what she hoped would turn out her way. She knew deep down that It would end badly no matter what. ‘I can’t lose him…’

"Spike would never betray me!" Buffy yelled as she flipped through the air and returned with a blow to the temple.

"If only you could hear his tortured mind now princess, his soul is mine!" The First punched Buffy in the stomach and she flew back onto the table. It leaned over Buffy pinning her to the table and grabbed her neck.

"I could kill you right now, and Spike wouldn't shed a single tear." It reached for the back of her head to snap her neck, but was stopped when it’s own hand released Buffy! The First took a step back as Spike started dealing punches all over its body. A panicked look came over its face as its out of control arms and legs walked over to the floor where the stake lay and picked it up. Buffy watched as a soft look of remorse spread across Spikes face.

"Goodbye, Buffy. I…love you." Spike raised the stake to his heart. Tears streamed down Buffy’s face.

"Wait Spike, don't do it!" She fell down to her knees in desperation, but he was determined.

" I have to Buffy, it's for everyone's own good, especially yours." Spike muttered as a deep sorrow filled his heart. He moved his hand forward, preparing to stake himself.

"No! I love you!" Buffy and Spike were both shocked at what she had just said.