** Buffy stumbled up the stairs to the crowded main floor. She was close to tears, still clinging to strands of hope that Spike had not done this. Trying to convince herself that it was in one way or another, a work of the First.

Buffy took a deep breath as she reached the living room. Most of the Scoobies and the remaining potentials were relaxing, some were watching the movie Signs. She just stood at the entrance until some of the group noticed her. She was pale and splotchy, Andrew thought she was a vampire and jumped behind the sofa.

"Kennedy’s dead. " Buffy said between gasps of air. A silence entered the room, some potentials were crying, while Xander, Dawn, and Anya remained with shocked looks on their faces.

“Who’s gonna share their popcorn?" Willow asked as she entered the room. She was met with blotchy red faces and sad eyes. Buffy walked up to her and held her shoulders gently.

"Willow, I'm so sorry." Buffy stalled. "Kennedy's dead." A sudden burst of electricity filled the room.

“No!" Uber-Willow screamed. Buffy stumbled away when she realized Willow's eyes were now pitch black. Giles ran forwards to stop her from whatever evil deed she now had in mind, but was blasted back with magical energy. Throwing open the door, she raced down the sidewalk and onto the street.