** "It won't work! Your plan that is, now that you are in the body of a vampire she could dust you and it would all be over."

"Silence, Watcher," the First said with little change in its calm voice.

"You can't seriously think that by holding me hostage she would just let you kill her friends!"

'That's a good watcher' the real Spike cheered where no one could hear. 'Show this bastard that it could never win, Buffy would kill me before letting all her friends die.' Spike knew how painful it would be for Buffy or himself to live without one another. Worse was how The First knew it would devastate Spike to see his own a hand killing Buffy. It came down to hoping that if him and Buffy fought to the death that he would be the one to go.

"It will go as planned." The First said to both of them. They rode in silence the rest of the way to the old burnt factory. Spike had been horrified to see his own hands kill the innocent police officer that had once owned this patrol car, when he had been forced to sink his teeth into the innocent cops neck. He didn't know where they were going, but if it had all of his memories it would definitely go to the old factory. He remembered the night he had to leave the factory that was in cinders. Remembered sensing his fledglings close by, waiting for his return.

'I hope for the Scoobies sake that the First doesn't round up that lot,' Spike shivered with anticipation. Was that anticipation? Or was it fear? 'Great, I'm turning into the great poof peaches…must be the soul' Spike shrugged it off and was shocked to see that his actual body shrugged too! The shocked vampire shrugged again but to his avail, nothing happened.

'Huh' Spike started to think of a plan.