It was a relatively uneventful evening for the "hunters of the night" clan, all of them had at one point gone out to feed and returned with the color back in their cheeks.

This clan of vampires had once been Spike's fledglings, created for the purpose of helping their master kill the slayer.

After the factory was set aflame so long ago, many of them ran away into the night, but when the flames stopped they came back in search of their master, only to find piles and piles of ashes.

"Who does she think she is anyway? Running around town like she owns the place, laughing off our attempts to kill her!" growled Nicolas, the vampire 2nd in Command, the 1st being Spike who they assumed was dust.
"We sure could use bad ol' Spike's help right about now" sighed another vampire who almost staked herself when Spike disappeared. The steel doors slammed open just then, breaking the lock in two. To the vamp's surprise a pale, blond-haired man strode in, handcuffed librarian stumbling behind.

"Holy Hell, Spike!" a female vampire burst into tears as others gasped and crowded around their leader. Trying to do its best Spike impression, The First remarked:

"How r' u blokes doin'?”

'Maybe one of them will realize that something's different about me' Spike thought.

Truthfully, Spike wouldn't be surprised if they followed him even if they did know he was The First. Vampire’s were only loyal to evil, pure evil…or the one who can kill the fastest.

"Listen up, I have come back to you now because I need a distraction, while I kill the Slayer." The First mimicked Spikes past way of talking to his minions from his memory. A sudden excitement filled the room as the "Hunters of the Night" roared. Giles kneeled on the floor in shock of this loud display. He would never have guessed that Spike had so many followers. As he looked around the room he caught the eye of a tall. Bulky looking vampire. It started walking towards Giles and asked:

"Is this a present for us Spike? You shouldn't have."

"I am afraid not. Bloody wanker is a hostage, just in case." the First explained.

"Oh" the Vampire backed away to stay out of the Master Vampire’s intimidating presence.

"Tonight, they will all die!" the First rallied them on.

"Tonight!" They all growled in unison. Throwing Giles over its shoulder, the First and Spikes fledglings sped off into the night.