The house had been silent for about ten minutes after Buffy went into the kitchen. She hadn't had a good cry for about a year and even the Slayer should have some down time. But the house was to empty of male presence. Something was hidden in her thoughts, nagging at her senses, or someone.

"Giles!" Buffy got up only to see that her friends were no longer in the living room. 'Where are they?' Buffy's panic was quickly turning to anger as she sensed that she was not alone. The room was only partially lit on one side, so there was an uncertainty growing in Buffy's stomach.

Spike started to panic when The First had ordered his fledglings to smuggle Buffy's friends outside to kill them, but now he was in a dark corner of the Summer's living room, waiting for…what? What was the first waiting for?

'You kill her and I will rip you limb from limb, even if I have to kill myself in the process!' Spike cursed as the unsuspecting Buffy walked closer to the shadows. Spike wasn't without a plan, however bleak the situation looked at the moment. He just hoped that when the time came The First would be too distracted to stop him. To test his theory wriggled his toes and was satisfied when his boot moved just a bit.

Buffy walked slowly towards the shadows near the banister, and saw a glimmer of light reflecting off of yellow eyes. Wait. Eyes? Yellow eyes? Panicking, Buffy lifted the stake to heart level but was startled when the figure moved out of the shadows.

"Hello, Cutie.”