"Where are my friends?" Buffy demanded, shock at The First’s appearance causing her to drop her stake.

"You knew this time would come Slayer, that I would use Spike against you." The First recalled. "And don't worry about not letting Spike go, I would have just brought him back anyway. I wouldn't think of using anyone else to finally rid the world of you. I think your death would give him a score of three dead slayers. You know what they say don't you? Good things come in threes? Your mine, Slayer!" The first took a step forward.

Buffy desperately looked into Spikes eyes and where she expected to see nothing she saw…pleading? Was the real Spike she loved trying to tell her to run away?

"Sorry, Spike." Buffy apologized as she kicked The First in the chest. The already vamped out First returned with a rock-hard punch to the stomach, which would've winded a normal human. Soon they were fighting at an almost invisible speed.

"Why don't you try your luck with a stake, Slayer. Or do you 'need time'?" The First mocked as they fought on. Punch. Kick. Scratch. Punch. Kick.

"I’m done waiting!" Buffy quipped as she picked up her trusty stake. Dodging a flying stake the First then ripped a large wooden pole off the banister.

"Glad to see it." The First took a forceful swing at Buffy and hit her square in the jaw. Off her guard for just a second, the First pushed her against the wall and bit into her neck. Buffy expected that this was the end as she struggled to get away but couldn't. His hands grasped her arms strongly, then loosened up a bit. Shockingly, Spike's fangs retracted and a deep look of despair spread across his face.

"Spike?" Buffy moved slightly away from the wall.

"Buffy! I-I'm so s-sorry." One tear slid down his cheek as she covered his face with her gentle hands.

"Shhh, It's okay, it wasn't you." Buffy moved towards him and held him like they had but moments left. He then looked up and panic spread across his face.

"I have to get away from Sunnydale!" Before Buffy could protest Spike was running across the living room towards the door. Buffy wanted to call out ‘Don't go Spike’ but she knew it was for the best. Spike was at the door when he screamed and put his hands on his head. Worried, Buffy ran over to Spike to see what was wrong.

"What's wrong Spike, are you okay?" Spike just stood staring at the door. "Maybe… you should stay longer so I can h-help you." Buffy suggested, hoping he wouldn't leave her. Spike then spun around to face Buffy. She took a step back when she saw the cold look in his eyes.

"I think I will."