Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone who is staying with this story. Again I do not own these people just like to play with them.
Chapter 11

Buffy looks at the book and picks a song. “Here I want to sing this one.” She tells Lorne while pointing to the title of the song.

The other singer ends there song and Lorne is on the stage as soon as they are finished. “Thank you for the wonderful version on Crying. Now we have a young woman that is going to sing to you Dangerous from Roxette.” Lorne then hands the mic to Buffy and hops down off the stage to sit in a chair beside it.

Angel walks up and sits in a chair beside Lorne before Buffy can start singing.

Buffy starts to sing the song Dangerous.

“You pack your bag.”
“You take control.”
“You’re moving into your heart”
“And into my soul.”
“Get out of my way!”
“Get out of my sight!”
“I won’t be walking on thin”
“Ice to get through the night.”

“She is good.” Lorne says while listening to Buffy.

“More than you know, but I have to give her up.” Angel says.

Lorne sit’s a little longer listening to Buffy sing,

“Hey, where’s your work?”
“What’s your game?”
“I know your business”
“But I don’t know your name…”
“Hold on tight,”
“You know she’s a little bit dangerous.”
“She’s got what it takes to make ends meet.”
“The eyes of a lover that hit like heat.”
“You know she’s s little bit dangerous.”

Turning back to Angel while Buffy continues to sing. “You may have to give her up, but you actually did that a long time ago. Besides from what I am seeing you will definitely be family.” Hearing that Buffy is almost done her song he gets up to go back on stage. “We will talk later.” He says to Angel as he jumps on the stage. Just as Buffy is finishing her last few lines of her song.

“I know your business”
“But I don’t know your name…”
“Hold on tight.”

Lorne takes the mic from Buffy. Thank you sweetcake. Can you all give a hand to the lovely lady? I’m going to take a break now and shortly after I come back we will get to hear from this lovely lady other half.” Lorne takes Buffy hand after putting the mic down and helps her off the stage.

“Well I guess that would be you dead boy Jr.” Xander states.

“Xander do you ever stop.” Willow asks.

“I just wonder what you will sing, I do have and idea of what I think you will pick.” Dawn says.

“Please not Barry Manilow, it’s bad enough that someone else loves him and that is the only song he will sing.” Cordelia states.

Spike starts to laugh. “I see he hasn’t changed in all theses years.”

“What’s sp funny?” Buffy asks.

“Peaches and his choice of music.”

“Oh you mean Manilow, or should I say Mandy.” Buffy asks.

“Oh my God, Buffy I forgot all about that.” Willow says.

“Well I didn’t, and it is something I would have liked too, but hey almost 3 years with the guy. I guess it will just take longer to forget. Just like I haven’t forgot Spikes singing of The Ramones last year either. So where is this Vamp in question?” Buffy asks.

“Spike sang to you?” Xander exclaims. “Wish I was there to see that, did he dance too. I’ve never seen him dance.”

“Last year during a stake out sorry you guys were not invited.” Buffy says

“I don’t dance. Peaches is over there talking to the Green guy. How are you feeling it has been a while?”

Buffy leans closer to him and whispers in his ear. “You worry too much at times.” then she kisses him quickly on the lips.

“Is this going to be a habit because I saw it enough with Angel and when you two were engaged?” Xander asks.

“Yes.” Both Buffy and Spike say at the same time.

“I think it is sweet and cute.” Dawn says.

Spike lets out a growl and cuts her off.

Lorne comes over to Spike. “Well Spike your time has come to pick out a song.”

Spike stands up and leans over to Buffy. “I’ll be back soon.” Then gives her a quick kiss on the cheek. He then follows Lorne to the book of songs.

“Here’s the book of songs. Please no Manilow, it’s bad enough that I am sure your Sire will be singing it later.”

“Grandsire and no, No Manilow. I am more of a Ramones or older punk rock style than, that if you ask me.”

“Oh I see, you wanna be sedated.” Lorne asks.

“You got it?” Spike asks with hope in his eyes.

“Yes, I got it. I run a Karaoke bar, and you ask if I have it. I am thinking of getting rid of Manilow.” Lorne says as Spike laughs. “I like you your nothing like Angelcakes. Now let’s get you singing.” Lorne says before he hopes up on the Stage again. “Alright ladies and gents lets put your hands together and listen to the next song.” He hands Spike the mic and jumps down to go sit beside Angel.

Spike starts to sing I Wanna Be Sedated by the Ramones.

“Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated”
“Nothin’ to do and no where to go-o-oh I wanna be sedated”
“Just get me to the airport and put me in a plane”
“Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane”
“I can’t control my fingers I can’t control my brain”
“oh no no no no no”

“Wow. The powers really don’t want us to know much again, they are blocking most of what I should be able to read. All I’m getting is they are to be bound somehow.”

“Mated?” Angel asks.

“Maybe. Whoa wait a minute; he is bound to someone else as well.”

“I didn’t think he mated with Drusilla.” Angel states.

“No we could break the claim if he was, this one is to Dawn and we can’t break it. But the one with Buffy will be in front of everything else.”

“Then they will have to mate to do that. Does he know about the other one?” Angel asks.

“Depends on what happened if he does or not. I will go to the hotel and discuss it with the 4 of you tomorrow night.” Hearing Spike almost finished the song. Lorne gets up. “Enjoy your night Angel.” Then he hopes on the stage just as Spike is finishing.

“Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba I wanna be sedated.

Lorne walks up to Spike and takes the mic. “Thank you for the song I do look forward to talking to you later.”

Spike jumps off the stage and goes back to the table and Angel joins a few minutes after Spike. Angel is still thinking about everything Lorne has said tonight when he gets to the table.

“Its requests for the rest of the night so come up and look thru the book and sign your name, if you want to sing a little song. I hope you all enjoy your night, I will be working with a group for the night so my assistant will be here to assist anyone all night if it is needed.” Lorne says putting down the mic and hops off the stage to go and join the group with drink in hand. “Alright I didn’t find much I was actually hoping that I could have Dawn and Angel sings.” Lorne says.

“Why Angel and Dawn?” Buffy asks.

“I just want to see what I can see; we will discuss everything tomorrow night at the hotel. I will have more time to digest it and try to make some sense of it.”

“Fine.” Buffy says.

“Sure I will sing.” Dawn says a little to excited.

“Angel I had them dig out your usual song, so if that is the song you are going to sing, feel free to go up there before the rest start.”

Angel nods and gets up to go on stage. “Sorry guys.” Lorne says to everyone and gets up to get ready to listen to Angel sing. Before he leaves he turns to Dawn. “Better get up there and sign the book before it gets full and pick a song.”

Dawn gets up and goes with Lorne. “Oh good I am the second one after Angel.”

“This is just bad; I can’t believe Lorne actually asked him to sing.” Cordelia says as Angel starts singing Mandy from Barry Manilow.

“Yes, even living through the evil Angelus phase wasn’t this bad.” Buffy says.

“How so?” Spike asks tilting his head to look at her. “Cause last time I looked trying to end the world was worst.”

"Yeah, I guess you are right."

“Must be killing you to say that. Slayer.”

“Shut up Spike.”

“Are you saying that Angel tried to end the world?” Fred asks.

“Yes.” Buffy, Spike, Willow, Xander and Cordelia all state.

“Well not Angel.” Willow says while biting her lip. “It was Angel without a soul at the time.”

Angel comes back to the table after singing his song. “So what are we all talking about?”

“You.” Xander states.

“Oh.”

“Let’s put out hand together for another young lady.” They hear Lorne say breaking into there talk.

Dawn starts to sing Mobile from Avril Lavigne.

“Went back home again”
“this sucks got to pack up and leave again”
“say goodbye to all my friends”
“can't say when I'll be there again”
“It's time now to turn around”
“Turn my back on”
“EVERYTHING (turn my back on) everything.…”
“Everything’s changing when I turn around all out of my control I'm a mobile.”
“Everything’s changing when I turn around all out of my control I'm a mobile.”

“She is good.” Cordelia says.

“Yes she is.” Says Fred.

They get caught up in there conversation that they didn’t even notice Dawn had finished the song, and joined them back at the table.

“Do you think we can get out of her soon?” Dawn ask an hour later. “I am kind of getting tired.”

“Sure the bar will be closing soon, we really should get going.” Cordelia says.

They all get up and head out of the bar.


The songs in this chapter are Dangerous for Roxette, I Wanna Be Sedated from the Ramones and Mobile from Avril Lavigne. I got the words off of www.azlyrics.com.