Author's Chapter Notes:
Well I am back, I managed to get a rough copy completed in my time with no computer. Thanks to everyone that has reviewed and again I don't own them just like to play with them.
AN: * mean thoughts.


Chapter 17

2.5 hours later at the LAX airport.

“Look there is Rupert.” Wesley says.

Buffy starts to tense some.

“Calm down Buffy everything will be fine.” Spike tells her when he notices she has tensed up some.

“Can’t, I'm to nervous with seeing him again. Do you not remember what I said to him the night I died? Spike.”

“He’s not mad at you for jumping instead of Dawn, he said, he always knew if it came right down to it you would jump instead of Dawn.”

Giles walks up to the four of them and puts his bags down. “Buffy.” He says as he opens his arms to her.

“Giles.” Buffy says but does not move to him.

“Watcher.” Spike says as he gently pushes Buffy to Giles.

Once in Giles arms, she starts to cry. “I’m so sorry Giles; I’m sorry please forgive me.”

Giles looks a Spike for a moment, and then gently starts to pat her back in a soothing motion. “Buffy its ok, its ok. Buffy calms down at Giles reassurance.

“Well I see you still have your strength and maybe more, but Buffy breathing is still an issue for some of us here.”

“Oh sorry Giles, guess I sometimes forget how strong I am.” She says while letting go of him some.

Wesley comes back with Giles bags.

“Well I don’t know about some people, but I have had about enough of this place.” Spike says.

“Well let’s go then.” Angel says.

“To the Angel mobile.”

Buffy looks at Spike.

“What?” Spike asks as they all start walking to Angel’s car. “We did all take Angels car because it was bigger.”

Later that night at the hotel.

“If you would be ever so kind and, show me where I am to be sleeping.” Giles asked Angel after having a quick bite to eat.

“Ah yes that would be room 250, it is just down the hall from Buffy and Spike.” Angel tells him.

“I’ll take you.” Buffy says getting up.

Buffy and Giles leave the kitchen and go back into the lobby to get his bags. Buffy picks up the larger of the bag and Giles takes the smaller one. They go up to his room in silence.

After entering his room and closing the door, Buffy turns to him and says. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too, Buffy.”

“I’m going through this big change in my life, being pulled from death, and everything. The only person, who might know something about it, is over in England.” Buffy says starting to cry a bit.

Giles gives her a quick hug. “I know I’m sorry I have been working on it, day and night. I even managed to get info from the council with out them knowing about it. But tell me how are you really doing?” Giles asks.

Buffy smiles a bit when Giles told her what he managed to do at the council, but then answered his question in a low voice. “I’m scared Giles. I could never tell Spike or Angel or anyone else. But I am really scared. I don’t know what this is or even how to control it. I've even tried to control Spikes demon a few times. I’m the Slayer and I shouldn’t be scared.” As she says this her eyes keep flashing to gold.

“It’s alright to be scared, you are only human.”

“Am I, is a Slayer really human?” Buffy starts to cry again.

“Mostly.”

Seeing that she is not going to be consolable Giles continues on with what he was going to say before. Buffy, it’s alright. We will get thru this, I have an idea but I need to talk with Spike first.”

“You want Spike to leave me alone, don’t you?” Buffy asks starting to cry harder.

Just then Giles realizes how much his charge has come to depend on Spike, whether he like it or not. *Good thing I am having Spike be with her now. He’s the only one that will be able to help her right now.* Giles thinks to himself. “I would never take him away from you, now he has helped a great deal in these last few months.”

Buffy calms down some and goes to give Giles a hug. “Thank you.” She says while hugging him.

“Buffy it’s late; I have been on a plane since very early this morning. Do you think we could talk more tomorrow?” Giles asks.

“Yeah, I guess you would be tired. I will just go and let you get some rest.” She says while leaving the room. “Goodnight Giles.”

“Goodnight Buffy, I will see you in the morning.”

“Bye Giles.” She says while closing the door.

The next afternoon, they were all in the lobby doing a little more research.

Giles looks up from his book. “Spike could I have a word with you for a moment.”

*Here it comes Spike thought he is going to ask me to leave Buffy even though Angel said he wanted something else from Me.* “Sure.” Spike says getting up and leading him into the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen and the door is shut Giles turns to Spike. “As you may know, I do believe I have found out what will help Buffy,with what is going on in her life. I will need your help to do this.”

“What do you need my help with?” Spike asked knowing what Angel already told him.

“I have some more testing on her to do and I want to use you because I know how you both work. Also by you being willing to take her as your eternal mate. You will make her become immortal and her power will come at once. She will be known as the most Powerful Slayer to walk the earth.”

“We have talked about becoming mates; we just haven’t done that yet so yeah I would be willing to help out.” Spike tells him.

“Good I just hope Buffy takes it that well.”

“She is going to be rightly Brassed off, if you ask me. Buffy doesn’t like anyone meddling in her life.”

“Your very right, Buffy is very strong willed, but she has always done what she has to do.”

“I know Buffy very well, but she might not believe me because we talked about it and she is not ready to mate with me yet.”

“That might be a minor problem.” Giles tells him.

“I think Angel may need to help, that way she won’t think I am pressuring her about this.”

“You are quite right, but I will wait for Buffy’s reaction first.”

“Good idea, now if you don’t mind, we put Buffy on a schedule and I have to go deal with her now.”

“Its quite alright you go deal with her.”

“It will most likely be 2 or more hours, she often falls asleep after.”

“Alright tell Buffy, I will see her later.”

“Will do.” He says as he walks out of the office and over to Buffy to pull her up to him. “You’re coming with me.” He says lightly giving her a kiss.

“I was starting to think you were dust.”

“Never.” He says leading her upstairs.

Coming to stand, beside Angel after seeing Buffy and Spike kiss. “I don’t think we will have a problem with what they have to do.”

“She will fight it tooth and nail, but I think I know why she is having problems. I will help you to get her to Mate with him.”

“Spike said your help might be need, he doesn’t want to push her about it to much right now.”

“That’s being smart when dealing with her; I’ll talk to him later.” Angel tells him.