Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Chapter 20

Angel uses his Vampire senses to track a Slayer, so he can find where Buffy went. To his surprise he discovers she is sitting out in the covered part of the garden. He never even has to worry about the sun to get to her.

“I didn’t expect it to be you.” Buffy says feeling her vibes she gets when a Vampire is near.

“I’ve come to talk to you.” Angel says.

“About what?”

“You and Spike.”

“What about me and Spike, we’re fine.”

“Then tell me honestly, why you won’t mate with him. Because we both know you are sleeping with him every night, and I am not talking about the laying beside each other, sharing the same bed sleeping. I am talking about the physical intimately joined kind of sleeping, that would bring Angelus out. We also both know that you and Spike love each other very much, so tell me why?”

Very quietly while looking at the ground she says. “I’m scared.”

“What are you scared of?” Angel asks.

“What if after a few years he stops loving me or he gets tired and leaves me?”

“Buffy this is Spike we are talking about. I have 3 questions for you. How long was Spike in love with Drusilla, What did I say about him when he first came to Sunnydale. What did he do when Dru pushed him away for helping you when I was Angelus?”

“Over 100 years, once he starts something he doesn’t stop, and he came back to Sunnydale to get Willow to do a spell to get her back. Ended up meeting up with us when he went to my house and I found him there, he also gave us a lecture on how were not friend and he may be loves bitch, but at least he’s man enough to admit it.”

“Don’t you see what your afraid of won’t happen?” Angel asks her.

“I guess.”

“Now can you honestly tell me, you don’t want to mate with him?”

“No, I want to do it.”

“Then take the chance and do it. Let yourself live a little. Love can be a wonderful thing and with the right person you will never fall out of love. Spike and Drusilla where together for over 100 years, but she never loved him. Not all Vampires are capable of loving Angelus isn’t, Spike is and Drusilla can a bit. Now will you take the chance and mate with Spike.”

“Yes thank you for this talk.”

“We better get back in there. Giles will want to get going again; we still have a lot to discuss.”

They both get up and go back into the conference room, just as the others are starting to come back as well. Spike was sitting in his chair waiting for them to restart. As Buffy walks past him she takes her hands and runs them down his shoulders and onto his chest. He then turns his head to her, and she latches he mouth to his for a hungrily demanding kiss. When she breaks the kiss she whispers in his ear. “I love you, and we will talk later.” Then she sits down.

Spike smiles at her and turns his attention back to Giles.

“So when do we Mate and how will my mating with Spike make me stronger.” Buffy asks Giles after she sits down.

“Yes well now that everyone is back I figured we could start the talk about that. I figured that it would be sometime in the middle to end of the week. But not before I put you through the tests that Wesley failed to complete. As for you other question, it seems that right now your Slayer power is all over the place and is being replaced with mostly the Vampire power source that is used to make up the Slayer. Would my guess be right?” Giles asks turning to Spike, Angel and Wesley.

“Yes, I would say that is what it seem like.” Wesley says.

“Would you and Angel both agree with Wesley, Spike.” Giles asks.

“Yes.” Both Angel and Spike say.

“Good that goes to show we are on the right track.”

“So what does that have to do with Spike?” Buffy asks.

“Well that all comes back to the making of the Slayer. You’ve seen the 1st Slayer in your dreams and last year when you went on that quest, but have you ever noticed how animalistic she is.”

“Yes, but you never really explained why.”

“At one time Vampires were like that. The 1st Slayer was infected with some of the Vampire demon but to contain it she was also infected with another demon as well, that knows on knows the exact origin of. Right now you have the Vampire demon at the fore front and always will now. But you need the other demon as well to set it at ease, so you don’t become a full Vampire. Remember you have been bitten as well from a number of powerful Vampires. Each bit leaves an essence per say in the one being bitten. Just the fact that the Master and Angel are Master Vamps of the same line, would be stronger than the bite the Dracula gave you even if he had you drink from him. From what I understand, Spike never bit you until after you were back from the dead and it was Angel that had suggested it. Giles stops for a few minutes and lets her take all that he is saying in. Looking over at Spike also to get conformation on what he just said.

Spike nods to Giles.

Giles continues on. “Did you notice that once he started biting you, you started to become stronger again? Well not really stronger, but the power essence started to change back the way it was and you were, able to do more things again like stay wake longer.”

“Yes, but I never could figure out why.”

“Again.” Giles says gesturing to Spike. “Sitting right beside you is another very powerful Vampire in history and again another Master at that. In fact sitting in this room are the 2 worst Vampires ever recorded in history and the fact that they are some what tamed is just as amazing in its self.”

Spike wanted to say something to Giles about that be decided to keep his mouth shut because Giles was actually right.

“So what will happen after I mate with Spike?”

“The other demon will be able to contain the Vampire one enough so you don’t have anymore changes and you don’t become a full Vampire.”

“Oh.” was all Buffy could say.

“I know it’s a lot to take in but are there any questions?” Giles asks.

“If I’m mostly Vampire like you say I am now, why would I still want to kill them?”

“Because you are still the Slayer and the demon is still there but weakened, once you mate it will be back in full force, so to say. But unable to contain what has been let out, you will be the Ultimate Slayer. The most powerful to ever live. Up until now it was thought of as a myth, which is what was spread around the Council. They still don’t know it might be possible.”

“So we just have the last line of part one left.” Willow asks.

“It would seem so.” Giles replies.

“So does this mean Spike can go out in daylight?” Dawn asks.

“Actually that part of the Prophecy has already taken place, but right now if he chooses or in a case of Angel where he could go back to Angelus by losing his soul. That won’t happen once you and Spike are mated; if the chip fails he will still be fighting on the side of good. He will never go back to his old ways.

“That’s good to know.” Buffy states.

“I’ve been telling you since I told you; I love you that you changed me.” Spike says.

“So we have ended part 1, why don’t we take another 15 minute break so we can all stretch our legs. Then we will discuss Part 2.” Giles says.