Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for everyone that has been reading. Sorry my posts haven't been as regular. I get busy with work around this time of year and they are also changing my job so haven't been having time to post. I have made a schedule for this story as it is already written and mostly typed. Hopefully I can follow it. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Chapter 24

“What do you want Dru, and don’t say Spike. You had your chance, and now that he is finally happy again.”

Dru laughs. “You think you could take me.”

“I took on a Hell God and won.” Buffy clearly states.

“I am not going to fight you, and I don’t want Spike. I am here to help you and see that this Prophecy is completed.”

“You want to help me?” Buffy says with a laugh.

“Yes, I want to help you. Do you know where to bite him, to make it easier on you?”

“And where would that be now?” Buffy asks high amused.

“Over my Siring mark, the skin is thinner there; if you look you can still see where Angelus bit me almost 2 hundred years ago.” She mover her neck to show Buffy her bite mark.

“I really don’t think I will have a problem with that.”

“Oh really.” Drusilla replies.

“Why don’t you ask him see what he thinks.” Buffy says walking to the door and opening it, sticking her head out she calls. “Spike.”

Upon hearing his name, he is over the counter and in the room in a flash. “What’s wrong?” He asks.

“Nothing really but, Drusilla seems to think that I will have trouble biting you.”

“Bloody Hell women, you bloody well gave me a bleeding heart attack.”

“Your heart doesn’t beat, Spike.” Buffy says.

“Are we finished now?” Buffy asks Drusilla.

“Just listen to my advice.” Drusilla says to Buffy.

Buffy just rolls her eyes and grabs Spikes hand and goes to leave. Turning to Drusilla. “I will get Angel to deal with you, if I want to see you, I will find you.” Then she leaves the room with Spike.

“Spike.” Drusilla whimpers.

“Hurt her, and I will stake you. Told you that months ago.”

“Angel she need to stay, but I don’t want to see her. I will explain later.” Buffy tells him.

He nods and walks off to his office.

“I will call Willow and Tara once Angel is done in the office with Drusilla.

“Good, I just need to get some air.” She starts to walk away, turning to Spike. “You coming.” then walks off to the garden. Spike gets up and goes into the garden after Buffy.

“Are you okay?” He asks sitting down beside her.

“Yeah, just need to calm down some.”

“You sure? Dru can be rather intense.”

“Yeah, but for some reason your rather insane ex was rather sane for the moment. But she did something stupid and suggested she could take me if need be. So I simply told her I really don’t think so, I did go up against a Hell God and won.”

Pulling her over to him, kissing her neck softly he says. “Don’t underestimate Dru, luv.”

“I won’t.” She says kissing his neck and biting into him.

“Good.” He mumbles, before biting into her neck as well.

“We better get back in there; I have a question to ask Whistler.” Buffy says when she is finished drinking from him.

“Alright.” He says getting up and pulling her with him, guiding her back into the hotel.

“Willow and Tara said that they will come tomorrow afternoon and that they would get Xander and Anya to stay with Dawn.” Giles tells her when he sees her re-enter with Spike.

“Good.” Buffy says turning to pin Whistler with a glare and says. “Drusilla is here for more that the family part of the Mating isn’t she?”

“Slayer.” Whistler says.

“Don’t Slayer me, answer my question.” She says angrily

“Yes, you need to calm down.”

“I need to calm down, I don’t think so.” She says rushing Whistler and pinning him to the welcome desk.

Spike rushed to grab Buffy off of Whistler, she turn to him and flashed her eyes at him. His response is to flash is eyes back to her and hold her gaze. After about a minute she turns to face Spike completely still very close to Whistler.

Angel eases Whistler from behind Buffy and around the counter into his office. “Everyone but Spike and Buffy might want to get into the office.” Angel says.

Everyone except Giles gets up to go into the office. Seeing that Giles is going to say something, Angel speaks up first. “You too Giles, we don’t know what has come over her or how long Spike can hold her like this. If we take the threat away then hopefully we can calm her down.”

“Alright but I want answers.” Giles says getting up and to the office.

“Were all going to get answers, but safety is an issue now.” Angel tells him shutting the door and looking it closed.

Walking back to Buffy and Spike he alerts Spike by lifting his eyes and flashing them to her and lets his gaze go.

Spike lets his gaze on Buffy go, after a few seconds and Buffy blinks rapidly. “Where did everyone go?” She asks looking around.

“We didn’t know what came over you so we moved everyone after; we managed to get the little demon out of your grasp.” Spike tells her.

She nods. “I don’t know what happened either, one minute I was seeing the rage of what Drusilla said and then with him not wanting to answer me. It was like I just snapped.”

“The good thing is I was able to stop you and Angel got everyone to safety, your Watcher didn’t want to go but we got him to.” Spike tells her.

“Buffy.” Angel says.

She turns to him.

“I think it might be best that Spike takes you upstairs, to fully calm down. The office is big but not that big, and there are not a lot of seats in it. I am sure they will want out soon, and I don’t want you going after Whistler again, tonight.” Angel tells her.

“Yeah I think you are right.” She says quietly.

Taking Spikes hand she leads him up the Stairs to their room, once in the room she climbs on the bed while Spike closes the door.

“Do you want to talk about it?” He asks.

“No, not really. Could you just hold me?”

Spike climbs in behind her and takes her in his arms.

Buffy starts to relax enough to fall asleep.

Sensing the change in her breathing Spike says to her. “Sleep now luv.” Then he kisses the top of her head.

Mean while back downstairs.

Angel unlocks his office and lets everyone out of the office. “Buffy and Spike are upstairs in their room. She says she is not exactly sure of what came over her.” He tells everyone.

“I should have known this would happen, when I didn’t answer her right away. I guess I wanted to push her further to make sure this Prophecy is actually going to be fulfilled.” Whistler says.

“I suggest you start talking.” Giles says.

“Alright.” Whistler says with a sigh. “As you figured out she needs to mate in order to contain her. Once she has mated she will be the Ultimate Slayer. Right now she is pushing more and more Vampire traits, but she does not know how to fully control it yet. The anger she had from talking to Drusilla and then with me not telling her what she wanted, it was just too much for her. She recognized Spike as her mate and that is how he brought her out of it.”

“How long until this consumes her?” Giles asks not sure if he wanted to know the answer.

“A week or 2, I suggest they start the Mating on Wednesday, it’s the only way to help her.”

“Are you staying or leaving.” Angel asks Whistler.
“Hoping to stay, if I could.”

“Alright, I will show Whistler to a room and then go and check on Buffy and Spike. Why doesn’t everyone call it a night and we can all meet again after Willow and Tara get here. That should also give Buffy enough time to calm down and also get some much needed rest.” Angel says.

“We will meet tomorrow then.” Giles says as he goes to go upstairs.

“Stay away from Buffy and Spike, or she might go after you. I will talk to you after I see them.” Angel tells him.

Giles just walks up the stairs and into his room. He pulls out his notebook and starts to write everything down that has happened tonight.

Everyone else goes to where they are to be going, Gunn and Wesley go home. Cordelia and Fred go upstairs to there room.

“I will be with you in a minute.” Angel walking into the kitchen, to grab some blood for Spike. “Alright let’s go.” Angel says coming back into the lobby.

Climbing the stairs to the third floor. “Don’t go on the second floor that is where Buffy and Spike are, Giles is on it as well. Willow and Tara will be in room 310, Xander and Anya in 312, Dawn in 311, Fred in 320. I will put you in 330. I also put Dru in the basement as well.” Angel tells him.

“I understand big man.”

Angel drops Whistler off at this room, then goes to Buffy and Spikes room.