Author's Chapter Notes:
Again I don't own them. Just like to borrow and play with them and some lines they may have said. Thank you so much for reading my story, it gives me great pleasure to continue writing and maybe post a few others I have written when this one is further on. Thanks for the reviews as well
Chapter 3

The next day

“Spike” Buffy says waking up next to him on her bed.

“Good morning Buffy!”

“Morning Spike I’m sorry for last night.”

“Don’t worry about it. We will get it all figured out, until then I guess I should stay near.”

“Yeah I guess so.”

“Do you have any idea of what caused it?” Spike asks

“Nightmare.” Buffy replies

“I guess that is even more to start researching about, I also don’t think I have to tell you this but if you feel the urge for blood then you make sure that it is mine you take. We are not sure what this is and we don’t want you accidentally killing one of you mates now do we.”

“No! I guess you’re right.”

“We better get up now, so we can meet your mates soon.”

“I know but I don’t want too, I’m scared Spike. I’m the Slayer I should not be scared but I don’t know what this is and it is also me that it is inside.”

“I know Buffy, I know.”

“Alright I’m going to take a shower and then get something to eat.”

“I’ll meet you downstairs then.”

Buffy gets out of bed and goes to the bathroom to have a shower, Spike waits for her to leave before he goes down to the kitchen to see about making her some breakfast. 45 minutes later Buffy was joining Spike in the Kitchen.

“Whatca making?” She asks.

“Pancakes I know how much you love them.” he says handing her a coffee.

“Thank you! I not really in the mood to cook today.” She says accepting the coffee and plate of food that he put in front of her after giving her the coffee.

“Eat up we will have to be leaving soon.”

“What about you?” She asks.

“I’ll be fine for now, have to stop at my crypt later if I going to be staying here for a while.” He says.

“There’s blood in the freezer.”

“And why would you have blood in the freezer? Luv. Spike asks
“Long story, but there has been some in there for about 2 and a half to 3 years now. I change packets about every 6 months. I could go get you one, if you want.”

I’m fine I don’t need any right now but if you have the urge to bite again I may.”

“I guess we should get going then.” She says.

They go to walk out the door, but Spike turns to stop her. “Unless you want to go in the sewers with me I will meet you there. Alright.”

“Fine you will be okay.” Buffy asks

“Fine done this 1000’s of times.”

“Bye see you soon.” Buffy says

“Bye.” Spike says walking out of the house, before Buffy and running to the sewers.

Buffy walks in the front door of the Magic Box and Spike come in the sewer entrance within and matter of minutes of each other. After catching the gang up on everything going on with Buffy the all start to research to try and find out what is wrong with her? After and uneventful day of research and patrol they all decide to call it a night and go home to bed.

1 Week Later

“Have we figured anything out yet? Red.” Spike asks Willow coming down the stairs for the Summers house. (After deciding to move the research there almost a week ago so Spike could help out better.)

“No! But it doesn’t look to be the spell.” She tells him.

“You’re positive it’s not the Spell?” He asks

“Yes! Both Tara and I have checked it and we sent a copy to Giles as well and he has also come out and said it is not the spell.” Willow says

“Is it getting any better for her at night?” Tara asks wanting to change subjects.

“We are down to 1 to 3 nightmares a night.” Spike tells her.

“Is she still biting you when it happens? Tara asks.

“Yes! But she is not taking as much as she appears to be getting stronger, so she just doesn’t collapse anymore like she would when it would happen, but then she goes and sleeps almost the whole day too.”

Walking in to the house. “Hey what’s Dead boy jr. doing here?” Xander says

“Xander Harris, you know what we discussed and until we know that Buffy is fine and Dawn is safe. He stays.” Willow said

“Thanks Red.”

“So! Where is the Buffster?” Xander asks

“Sleeping.” Spike says.

“I come baring gifts from Giles. Well a fax from Giles at least.” Xander says handing it to Spike.

“Thanks Whelp.”

“Well better be off bring Dawn to school. I will see you tonight.”

“Yeah we should get going home to change and go to class.” Willow says

“You want a ride?”

Willow and Tara look at each other. “Sure!” they say. “We will see you later. Bye Spike.”

“Get some sleep Spike.” Tara says quietly.

“Yeah Bye Red, Glenda and the Whelp.” Spike says

They all leave and Spike sits down at the island and starts to read the list of people that Giles sent to him in hoping they could find someone to help them. As he read the names off and drank his blood he started to laugh at one of the name on the list and what Giles wrote to Spike beside it. ~Spike I know you and Angel don’t get along but Wesley is very good he is a by the book kind of guy. He also knows Buffy as he was her watcher when the council fired me after her 18th birthday.~ He finishes his mug, gets up and rinses it out and goes upstairs and into Buffy room. He puts the list on her desk and goes to take off his shirt.

“Good morning.” Buffy says when she is sure to have is attention.

“Good morning. Luv, I thought you were asleep still.”

“Nope woke up about 20 minutes ago.”

“You could have come down stairs.” He says while pulling his shirt back on.

“Didn’t want to. You know you don’t have to sleep in all your clothes you could get comfortable, besides I kind of like looking at your chest.” She says.

“Do you now?” He asks taking his shirt back off and climbing up the length of the bed and lies down beside Buffy.

“This is nice.” She says laying her head on his chest.

“What is?” He asks.

“This is. It’s comfortable. Just laying here like this for a while.” She says

“Care to explain. Luv?” Spike asks.

“I would but you being the jealous vamp you are, I don’t think so.” She replies.

“I’ll be good.”

“Isn’t it your bed time?” She asks as she leans up and gives him a kiss on the lips. “I’ve been wanting to do that for so long.”

“Then by all means do it.” He says leaning to kiss her again with much more passion than the one that she just gave him.

“I want a relationship with you, but I want to take it slow. Not as slow as I had with Angel or Riley.” She says. “I hope that’s okay.”

After he let out a low growl at the names of her old boyfriend he replied with. “It’s fine with me; we can go at whatever pace you want it to go at. But since you mentioned Peaches are you ready to go see that Old Poofer yet?” Spike asks

“Why would you want to go see him he hates you and you hate him.” Buffy asks

“Well it seems your watcher has found a few people that know things about what you’re going through and can help us look into it till Old Rupert can get back to good old Sunnydale. He also wants the other watcher to try and find out if it is a prophecy or not.” He says handing her the list off the desk.

“I think I would rather go see Wesley then a stranger.”

“Figured you would, I will call and talk to him later.”

“What about Angel.” Buffy asks

“He knows you are back if that’s what you mean.”

“That and the fact, that he will stake you as soon as we walk in together.”

“I will call and let them know that we are going to go up and talk to them. I can tell you now that Angel will want to be involved. So tell me when do you want to go?”

I know what he is like that is one of the reasons I don’t want to go till Monday. I also have a few things to take care of here.”

“Alright we will leave after sunset on Monday. Let’s get some rest now.” Spike says. “I’ll call Peaches tonight.”