Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone that has reviewed. I have also gone back and corrected some of the mistakes, all the ones I could find in the last chapter. Again I don't own them just like to borrow them to play with them.
Chapter 8

The next afternoon Fred comes into the Hotel looking for Angel.

“Fred what can I do you?” Angel asks coming out of the office going to join Spike on the couch.

“I was coming to get Cordelia and Conner so we could go shopping. I was also wondering if Buffy wanted to go with us.”

Buffy eyes light up at the mention of shopping, but she didn’t say anything.

“I don’t see why it wouldn’t be a problem.” Angel says waiting to see if Spike would object. “Buffy can go get ready, and Spike can come in the kitchen with me, while I get Conner’s bottles ready.”

Spike follows Angel into the Kitchen.

“What did you want Peaches?” Spike asks.

“Well for starters I am surprised you didn’t object when I told Buffy, I didn’t see a problem with her going out with them.”

“Buffy and research are not in the mixing and if I keep her here she will just become a pain because she will want to do something with one of us. I would also be good for her to use the time away from me before her friends come.” Spike explains.

“Good. So my next question, do you want to send Buffy with some blood, you did say that when she gets stressed that she does tend to need your blood. This is also the first time she has been away from you for any length of time so her stress level might go up.” Angel says while reaching for the bottles and a warmer for Conner.

“It might be a good idea.” Spike replies.

“I’m assuming that you want it to be your blood.” Angel says throwing Spike a baby bottle. “Sorry it’s the only thing I have to keep it warm. If you want a dagger you will have to go to the weapon cabinet in the front lobby to get it.” Angel tells him.

Spike vamps out and pierces a hole in his wrist to put blood into the bottle. Angel continues getting Conner’s bottles ready. He reaches in the fridge to pull out the formula.

“I figure you will need or want this.” Angel says putting a packet of blood on the table in front of Spike.

“Thanks.” Spike says as he continues to fill the baby bottle. When he is done filling the bottle he takes the bottle and the blood and put them in the microwave. After taking them out of the microwave he turns to Angel and asks. “Now what do I do with this, you are the baby bottle expert her, not me.”

“You put the lid on it and mark it with the words blood on top, and then you take this and mark blood and the date on it. You can then add it too the diaper bag, on the table.” Angel tells him.

Spike does everything that Angel says and then pours his blood into a mug to drink it. Just as he is finished drinking it Buffy comes in carrying Conner. She walks over and gives him a quick kiss behind Angels back.

“Are you almost ready? Angel.” Buffy asks.

“It will be a couple more minutes.”

“Alright I will just go back and have a seat again.”

A few minutes later Spike and Angel come out of the kitchen to see Buffy on the couch playing with Conner while Cordelia and Fred talk.

Angel hands Cordelia the diaper bag and they put Conner in his car seat.

“I added some blood in the bag for you it’s in a baby bottle it is the only thing that Angel had available.” Spike tells her.

“Do you really have that little faith in me that, you don’t think I can go a whole afternoon without your blood?” Buffy asks.

“Hoping you won’t need it, but Angel seems to think it was better to send you with some. To be on the safe side.”

“Alright we will take it this once. If I don’t need it, then we will talk about doing it again.”

“That is all I can ask for, you know we are all concerned about you.”

“I know.” Buffy says quietly.

“Here,” he says handing her a bunch of 20’s.

“What’s this for?” She asks.

“Go buy something for your mates and your sister so you have something to give them when they come to visit.” He tells her.

“Thanks.” She says leaning up to give him a quick kiss. “But I don’t need to buy anything for my friend, besides when are they coming up.” She asks.

“The Whelp is bringing them down Friday night after he is done work; it was a chore to get her to close the store for the weekend.”

“I guess and thank you Spike.”

“Don’t thank me. Thank Peaches he owns the place.” Spike says.

“Thank-you anyways.” She says standing up and giving him a kiss in the lips for a few seconds and then sitting back down.

Seeing Spike watching them get Conner ready after Buffy kisses him, Angel says. “You know he is kind of like your uncle.”

“Yeah well I don’t do diapers and, I’m not up on all the songs you sing to keep a kid from screaming.”

“Don’t worry about that Angel doesn’t do diaper either. Says his vamp senses can’t take it all the time. As for the screaming and songs there are none but, you do have what will calm him down, it is me how doesn’t have the right face. All Angel has to do is flash his fangs at him and he stops crying right away.” Cordelia says taking Conner from Angel and leading Buffy and Fred out of the hotels back entrance. “Were taking my car.” She calls over her shoulder as she leads Buffy and Fred out of the hotels back entrance. “We’ll call if there is a problem.” And she is gone out of the hotel with Buffy while Fred stops and takes the diaper bag from Angel.

Spike and Angel sit there in silence for about 15 minutes and then Angel starts to see the signs that Spike gets when he is worried about something. “You need to relax; you know this is good from both you and Buffy to be apart for awhile.” Spike looks over at Angel. “Besides the mall has underground parking so if there is a problem we could be there within about 15 minutes.”

“If there’s under ground parking what are we doing here?” Spike asks.

“Because you know how women get when they want a girls day out.” Angel replies.

“But they have your Son, how can it be a girl’s day out?” Spike asks.

“They look at him as a girl because they can buy him what ever they want. Besides he needs to go in the daylight once in a while.”

“It must be killing you that you can’t go in the daylight with him.” Spike states.

“No more than it is you not being able to be with Buffy, but you have to remember that no matter how much you love them. They belong in the daylight, but there love for you will bring them back to the night with us.” Angel says.

“How?”

“I know you are in love with her, by the way you are treating her. You are treating her the same way you treated Dru.”

“You’re okay with this?” Spike asks.

“I think I am Buffy is going to need more than I could give her.”

“And the cheerleader you are making eyes with doesn’t have a thing to do with it.” Spike states.

“Yes the fact that me and Buffy have been over for years now, I will always love her but can not give her what she needs. For some reason I believe she is going to have to mate with you.”

“And we all know what happened last time something like that occurred between you and Buffy. As much as I hate you, I hate Angelus even more. Besides I really don’t think the cheerleader would like it very much if you mated with Buffy.” Spike says.

“No she wouldn’t and neither would you if I mated with her. But have you talked with Buffy about mating or even just a blood exchange to help her grow stronger.” Angel states.

“You’ve been brooding a lot in the last couple of days, but I never thought that this is what is on you mind.” Spike says while getting up. “I will talk to Buffy about it, but right now I am going upstairs to relax a bit. Let me know if Buffy needs anything.”

“Go. I will get you if there is a problem, remember William this is good for both of you.” Angel says as Spike walks away.

Spike walks up the stairs and into his and Buffy’s room think to himself what the hell just happened there.