Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for the reviews, they are appreciated and (pbviously) encourages me to update.
Chapter 20


The file room was very discrete, the couple found out. Behind the filing cabinets, in the back of the room where only the dusty files lay dormant was the perfect place for a heavy make out section in the middle of the day. Their tongues battled for dominance, teeth clashed together in attempts to get even closer to the other. Hands were under shirts pulling at fabric trying to get more skin contact. Desperation setting in as the day ticked past them. Through the glaze of lust and passion, they heard the door open. Their bodies stiffened as they heard someone shuffle in. Buffy’s nose started to itch and she moved to hold it, praying she could prevent a sneeze. Spike held her closer as they heard the shuffling of feet near their position. They heard a grunt and whine, “Willow, where is the file on Mactamera? I can’t find anything in here. I need it for the meeting with the big wig ass.” By the sound of the clicking of heels, a woman walked, Willow, and found the file for what now sounded like Parker Abrahms. The noises of the two quieted down as they left the file room. Buffy let go of her nose and breathed deeply. ‘Aaachooo!’ They stood still, waiting for Willow or Parker to come back, but neither did.



Smiling, he said, “Well that was fun, pet.” The two straightened their clothes and hair, making sure the other was presentable. Stepping out first, Buffy hurried to her office to reapply her makeup. A couple minutes later, Mr. Bennett emerged and strutted back to his mock-office. Things couldn’t get better. He had the pretty girl, the one he loves, a great job, and the next and last appointment was Parker Abrahms.

~*~*~

“So you see Mr. Abrahms the associates of Omni Hype are a little concerned with your past performance.”



Parker sat there, glaring at Mr. Bennett. How DARE he pass judgment on him? He was the best PR representative at Public Claim. He had all the ladies in the front pocket of his pants. “I’m the best PR guy here, Mr. Bennett. I may have… made mistakes in the past, but it’s the past.”



“Your past doesn’t seem so past tense, Mr. Abrahms. I seem to have a couple reports in here about you harassing the women of the office.”



“So? I can’t help it if the bitched dress like that.”



“Mr. ABRAHMS,” Mr. Bennett roared. “I will not have you talking like that about your co-workers.”



“Oh, because she’s here?” Parker motioned towards Buffy. “I could see how a hot piece of tail like that would make you go all protective, but believe me, she ain’t worth it.” Buffy gasped and looked at Parker. It was true he did hit on her and she turned him down, but she never deserved the treatment she was getting.



“Excuse me, Mr. Abrahms; I believe you owe Ms. Summers an apology. You will not talk about her or any other co-worker like that.” He was loosing his temper there was no way he was going to be able to tell him that he was fired gently. Parker was making it impossible.



“Oh give me a break. You and I are the same, you know.”



“And how is that?”



“Well we both hit on Ms. Summers here, the only difference is that you’re her boss and she couldn’t say no.” Buffy and Mr. Bennett gasped in outrage. “Oh don’t give me that. I heard you in the file room. I SAW you two come out. Like I can’t figure out that she was giving you head in there.”



Mr. Bennett’s face turned purple in an instant. “What are you insinuating?”



“Nothing, Mr. Bennett, just that it seems like you are doing the same thing you are about to fire me for. Doesn’t seem fair does it?”



“And what do you propose, Mr. Abrahms?”



“See, I scratch your back and you scratch mine. I’ll keep quiet about you and Ms. Summers and I keep my job.” Buffy couldn’t believe that he was actually contemplating Parkers proposal. It was ludicrous! He wasn’t forcing Buffy to do anything. If only they weren’t sneaking around in the first place.



“Sounds interesting Mr. Abrahms, for now I will let you keep your job,” Buffy gasped, he wasn’t! “But if you continue with your attitude, you will find out that your threat isn’t going to hold up much longer. Do we have an understanding?” The two men shook hands and Parker left.



Spike came up to Buffy and tried to bring her into a hug. Buffy stepped away and walked out of the office. She headed straight into her office and closed the door. This wasn’t going to work.


Chapter 21


Buffy was dishing out Chinese from the take out cartons that she and Spike picked up on the way to her apartment. Smiling, she dished out the four different dishes and rice listening to the murmurs of conversation Spike and Dawn were having in the living room.



“Oh you are so wrong, bleach head, Tom Cruise is too a good actor!” Dawn said. They were currently critiquing the different actors and actresses.



“He’s a ‘poof,’ come on, anyone that is married to Nicole and then get divorced must be a ‘poofer.’” Spike was sitting on the couch watching E! News with Dawn. They were currently talking about Jen and Ben, now called Bennifer.



“What’s a poof?” Dawn asked.



“Ah, someone that… well, let’s just say they wouldn’t be married to Nicole or anyone of that persuasion.”



“Oh, GAY! Why didn’t you say that?” Spike shook his head. He had to remember Dawn wasn’t as naive as Buffy tried to kid herself in thinking. Suddenly Dawn sat up and looked directly at Spike. Her gaze was serious and she whispered, “What are YOUR intentions with my sister?”



Spike sputtered, his mouth making a good impression of a fish opening and closing. “Excuse me, bit?”



“Your. Intentions. With. My. Sister.” She raised her eyebrow and continued to stare into his eyes.



“I don’t know what you want me to say.” Spike felt beads of sweat pop up on his forehead.



“Like, OK. You are leaving tomorrow morning, right?” He nodded. “What do you think is going to happen after that?” His eyes bugged out in surprise. “I mean are you thinking back to friends? Because you two so didn’t handle just friends very well. Or is it long distance relationship? Those don’t work out usually. Do you think you are going to get her to move to Chicago? What state is that, anyways? Illinois, Indiana?” She cocked her head to the side, waiting for an answer.



“Illinois. Chicago is in Illinois.” Spike said quietly.



“Doesn’t matter which state it is in. It’s the Midwest. Do you think Buffy is a Midwest kind of girl? With long winters with coldness and snow? Have you seen Buffy? She worships the sun. So how do you think you are going to do this?”



Spike had no answer. He didn’t really think beyond tonight because he knew that there may never be a tomorrow. What Dawn was asking was something he should be asking Buffy. At first she wanted to be just friends again and Spike knew Dawn was right. They didn’t do just friends well. Late Saturday night chat sessions when they should have been out on dates with people in the same area code. The occasional cyber conversations that lead to masturbation and fantasies of what could be. Spike closed his eyes, willing to come up with an answer within the next second.



Buffy breezed into the living room and set four bowls of Chinese food on top. Oblivious to the very profound conversation that was going on not 30 seconds ago, she went back to get the plates and chop sticks. Dawn stopped staring at Spike and got up to help Buffy get the rest of dinner stuff together.



The dinner was eaten in silence. The three were lost in their own thoughts. Spike had a hard time eating with chopsticks and after five minutes of the girls laughing at him he got up and stalked into the kitchen. Coming back a couple seconds later, Spike held a fork. After that interruption, only the TV made noises.

~*~*~

Spike was lying on the bed with his hands holding the headboard. His knees were bent up a little, cradling Buffy’s ass as she moved up and down on his long cock. Her hands caressed his chest. Her breasts bounced and moved in rhythm as they continued to fuck each other. On the down swing, Buffy squeezed her vaginal muscles around his dick. Going through the motions and emotions, they watched each other’s eyes, making this last night real. Spike bucked his pelvis up as hers went down, shoving him self even deeper. After the bittersweet completion, they laid together, him still inside her. Buffy felt the tears escape from her eyes, falling onto his chest. “What’s wrong, luv?” Buffy shook her head and sniffed. “Buffy, baby, what’s wrong?” He brought his arms down and hugged her closer.



“What is this?” Buffy gasped through the tears.



“What is what?” Spike’s hands soothed her beck, but it did nothing about the maelstrom inside her.



She sat up, still on his cock, “This, us,” she motioned between them. “What is this?”



“Buffy, you know I love you, point in fact…” She didn’t let him finish



“I mean. You’re leaving tomorrow, actually today, and then what? Is tonight it?”



“I love you,” Spike tried to sit up, but Buffy held him down.

“But what’s going to happen? You live in Chicago, Spike. Are we going back to being friends and cyber sex pals?”



“Do you want that?” Spike asked quietly.



“No, is that what you want?” She asked just as equally quiet.



“No, we will figure something out.” He held his arms out, trying to get her to lie down.



“How?” She fell back into his embrace.



“I don’t know pet.” They lay together quietly, thinking of some way to make it work. Buffy got up and let him slip from her pussy. She lay next to him and signed. “Somehow we will figure it out.” With that, Spike hugged Buffy and spooned against her back.

~*~*~

They never did.



“I guess this is it.” Spike said after the initial boarding call for his plane was announced. They stood in the airport at 5am, waiting for his plane. The security teams didn’t allow Buffy to sit at the gate with Spike, so they waited at the last security checkpoint, savoring their last minutes together.



“Yeah,” Buffy’s head ducked down. She didn’t want to say goodbye. It was true: she hated goodbyes. “You should get going.”



“I don’t want to.” He took her hand in his.



“I know.” She looked up into his shiny blue eyes. Tears threatened to spill from both their eyes.



“Guess I better,” he looked over at the security checkpoint. He better leave or he wouldn’t make it to the gate in time.



“I’ll miss you.” He looked back into her eyes.



“I love you,” he said in desperation.



“I love you, too.” Their lips met one final time. For one fleeting minute, drinking and pouring the intensity of their love and life forming a greater one.



“Got to go, luv.” He didn’t want to let go.



“Call me when you get it.” Spike took two steps away, still holding her hand.



“Will do,” only their tips of their fingers touched, each hating to lose this one last contact.



Spike turned around and headed for the checkpoint. He deposited his laptop and other carryon and went through the metal detectors. Once through, he looked back at Buffy. The tears spilled from her eyes, pouring down her face. Her eyes were wide open, catching every last glimpse of him that she could. He saw her body shake with inaudible sobs. Breaking his heart, he continued to the gate.