Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for the kind reviews....
Chapter 24


The phone call from Anya made the decision for him. There was no way he would allow Buffy to live under that kind of stress. Tomorrow, he would accept the LA director’s position. Spike stayed up all night sitting in his sparse living room. Looking around, he compared his own apartment to Buffy and Dawn’s. Theirs was filled with love and mementoes of the past. Spike looked around. No photographs, no little knickknacks, no souvenirs. For the past three years Spike lived in this place and yet it didn’t look like anyone ever lived here. No distinguishing marks. Spike sighed and continued to think about Buffy. His life seemed so empty here.



~*~*~

Walking into Omni Hype, Spike was on a mission. No longer William Bennett, the mild mannered VP, he strode through the halls. Usually he said Hello to everyone, but today he was on a mission. He knocked three times on the door of Frank Waterhouse. Hearing the call, he opened the door. “Frank, can we talk?” Spike looked into the old man’s kind eyes.



“Sure thing, Will, what can I do for you?”



“Is that director position in LA still available?”



“Yes, did you think about it?”



“I want to go back, Frank. I want to take the job, but I want to live there full time.”



“Will, the company is based here. It would be strictly commute.”



“I understand, sir. But see, I want to live out there. I will come back whenever you need me, but I would like to make California my home base.”



“Why?” The old man truly didn’t know.



“See, there is this girl.”



“Ah, it’s always about a girl, yeah?”



“No, well see, sir, I knew this girl while I was in college. We spent the best 5 days on my life with her. I fell in love with her. But she insisted that we not exchange personal information. I only got her email and so we kept in touch through email. If it was at all possible, I fell more in love with her over the years.”



“So she lives in LA?”



“Actually she works for Public Claim.”



“Oh.” Lawsuits filtered inside Frank’s head.



“And when we found each other it was like 5 years hadn’t gone by. I felt like a 22 year old again. And we spent a lot of time together.”



“Did you sleep together?”

“Frank, I do not kiss and tell.”



“I need to know, young man. What if she sues for sexual harassment?”



“She won’t. Yes, we did sleep together. It was bloody wonderful.”



“Please don’t give me the details.” Frank rubbed the bridge of his nose.



“Well, it was wonderful until this snake in the grass Parker Abrahms figured it out. I was going to let him go. His productivity is poor and he had countless complaints against him. I suspect he blackmailed the previous owner to keep him on.”



“And he is blackmailing you?”



“Yes, he said he was going to tell everyone about Buffy and I.”



“Her name is Buffy?”



“Frank!”



“OK, sorry.”



“So I agreed and told him he better shape up. But, now it’s come to my attention that he has his eye on Buffy and he isn’t being nice about it.”



“So what do you want me to do about it?”



“The only thing I want is to go back to LA and be with Buffy. I understand if you don’t want us to work in the same office, but I will be in LA with her. Either working for Omni Hype or not.”



“Will, we don’t want to loose you.”



“Frank, I don’t want to be lost either, but I am not offering Buffy’s position up. It’s mine. I love her, Frank and I can’t allow Parker to do this to her. It’s tearing her apart.”



“So, know you’ve told me this what do you want to do?”



“Simple, go to LA, fire that ingrates ass, hit him a couple times, and hold Buffy forever.”



“OK, on one condition.” Frank smiled as Spike’s eyebrow rose. “An invite to the wedding.” Frank laughed as Spike’s face fell. Young people today have so much to learn.



“Who said anything about a wedding?”



“Well, if she is as special as you say, she deserves it. And, not to mention I can’t allow the two of you single people to have an illicit affair. I could allow a husband and wife to have an illicit affair.” Spike’s face lit up.



“I think you are right, Frank.” Spike got up from the where he was sitting. Frank followed him to the door.



“So when do you want to get back to LA?”



“As soon as possible.” Frank patted Spike’s back and ushered him out.


Chapter 25
Sxyspike: Buffy?

Sxyspike: Are you there?

Sxyspike: your phone is busy

Sxyspike: I know you are there

BAS: I’m here you caught me

Sxyspike: I knew you were on, little vixen you

BAS: Pulease!!

Sxyspike: Honey, I wanted to tell you something

BAS: Spike, can you give me some time

Sxyspike: Time for what?

BAS: To think. Every thing is swirling around.

Sxyspike: What do you mean?

BAS: Dawn, you, me, Us, Parker

BAS: I miss you

Sxyspike: LOL, I miss you too

BAS: Are you laughing at me ?

Sxyspike: Maybe, did something happen at work today?

BAS: Oh, Anya and Willow know, but you know that already

Sxyspike: Yes, Anya called

BAS: Sorry I didn’t talk to you

Sxyspike: Me too. I want to be there with you

Sxyspike: You shouldn’t go through this alone

BAS: I’m not alone. Willow and Anya kicked Parker’s ass today

Sxyspike: Do tell

BAS: Parker tried to corner me again, this time in his office

Sxyspike: I’ll kill him

BAS: But Willow came in every two minutes with stupid excuses

Sxyspike: Like what?

BAS: She lost her pen

BAS: Then it was her note pad

BAS: Call for me on line two and Parker could see no one was on line two

Sxyspike: Did he buy it?

BAS: Don’t know, but he didn’t get to me

BAS: Anya told him that one-day someone was going to rip out his entrails and make party favors out of them

Sxyspike: Really?

BAS: It wasn’t as of a bad day today

Sxyspike: I’m glad, kitten

BAS: How about you? Did you say you had something to tell me?

Sxyspike: Uh, yeah. But I forgot.

BAS: What?

Sxyspike: Never mind

BAS: Spike!

Sxyspike: Yes dear?

BAS: OMG, did you just call me dear?

Sxyspike: Uh I believe I did

BAS: You are such a dork

Sxyspike: But you love it

BAS: Yes, I do.

Sxyspike: So anything else happen?

BAS: Are you asking as my boss or boyfriend?

Sxyspike: Am I your boyfriend?

BAS: I certainly hope so! Don’t you want to be my boy friend?

Sxyspike: Only if you will talk to me on the phone

BAS: Is that what makes you happy?

Sxyspike: Bloody right it does. Lets get off of here and I’ll call you in two minutes.

BAS: Are you sure? This is cheaper?

Sxyspike: BUFFY!!!

BAS: All right, all right. I’m getting off

Sxyspike: I hope not! I’m the only one that is allowed to do that for you

BAS: PIG!

Sxyspike: The Mr. Gordo kind?

BAS: Any other kind?

Sxyspike: I love you

BAS: I love you too. Now, about that phone call…

Sxyspike: On it. Talk to you in a sec…



~*~*~

The next day passed quietly. Parker spent most of his time in his office. When he first came in, he was headed to Buffy’s office, but Anya intercepted him holding a pair of wickedly sharp scissors. She snipped at the air as she talked politely with him. He ended up leaving at 2:45. Buffy’s desk finally looked like it was in order, even with a mountain of work still on it.



The flowers started at 2. First it was a bouquet of tulips. At 2:30 it was a basket of summer wildflowers. At 3:15 it was a dozen yellow roses. At 3:45 it was two-dozen red roses. None of the deliveries had cards except to state it was for Elizabeth Summers.



At 4:30 another delivery person came into her office. He held a huge bouquet of purple orchids. Breathing in deeply, Buffy didn’t even recognize the delivery person. Spike smirked behind his disguise, finally understanding how fun it must have been for Buffy to realize that he didn’t recognize her last week. Buffy’s eyes were wide open in appreciation as she came around her desk. Handing over the flowers, Spike smirked. It was so fun! She breathed in the fragrance deeply and looked over her bouquet, meeting his dancing eyes. “Spike!” she squealed. She quickly put down the flowers and hugged him, unaware that her office door was wide open and everyone in the office could and did see them.



Their mouths meet in desperation. Tongues met twirled around each other, Spike’s body up against Buffy’s, arms holding on for dear life. Anya and Willow shared a knowing smile. Willow got up and went over to her office. Quietly, she shut the door. Everyone in the office heard the crash and the moans, but no one made a comment. They all left early, giving the couple some privacy.