Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for all your reviews... you certainly inspire a girl to pick up the pen...er... keyboard once again.

Question... would you like me to post Blackmailed into Love here? It is a very controversial fic that contains rape between the two main characters. Hank has a new boss and the new boss figures out Hank has embezzeled. Will Hank go to jail or will the boss take another payment?
Chapter 7
The lunch was boring. William drummed his fingers on the wooden table as the five men around him praised him. He snorted all they wanted to do was make sure their jobs were safe. Everyone that saw the books knew that that the company was being mismanaged and that there was going to be major changes. Instead of listening to the men drone on, he went back to thinking about Buffy. Somehow he was going to have to get through to her by Friday. Even though they kept in touch with email, he wanted more. The last night they spent together was the most amazing night he ever experienced. Making love to her over and over was amazing. Never, ever since that night, had he been able to have a hard on that long or that many times.

May 1998

Spike was currently dating Harmony, a blond cheerleader at UCLA. He was sitting listening to her whine about how her life wasn’t fair. The hair salon lost her appointment, she broke a nail this morning, and it was humid. Spike’s eyes rolled back into his head and wondered if he shot himself right now, would she notice? He snorted as she continued about not being able to find her nail polish bottle to fix her nail. If she really had problem like falling in love with a gorgeous woman currently over 100 miles away that refuses to return his emails.

Subject: Talk to me
Date: Fri May 8 2003 23:55:18 -0900
From: sxyspike@hotmail.com
To: EAS@hotmail.com

Buffy, please email me. I miss you so bloody much. You are in my blood, my soul. I’m drowning in you. I’m here in my dorm room drinking bloody awful stuff thinking of you. Do you think of me?

Spike

Every night for the past two weeks he seemed to be doing the same thing over and over. Getting drunk and pleading with her over email. He searched the UC Sunnydale database of students trying to find someone named Buffy, but he couldn’t find her. There was no record of a Buffy at the university. Banging his head against his desk, Spike growled in frustration. He looked up at the monitor when he heard a ding.

Cutie Pie: Hey Blondie Bear!!!
Cutie Pie: How come you haven’t called in a couple days?

Should he respond? Spike shook his head and took another swig from the bottle. He closed the instant message and sat back. He tried to contact her every night and every night she eluded him. Swearing, Spike looked back at the screen.

Cutie Pie: Fine be that way! You are an awful boyfriend.

Sighing again, Spike shook his head clear. Harmony was just a bad substitute for the real thing. Buffy. God, he was such a git. Wanking off to thought of Buffy writhing under him, over him, beside him. He closed the instant messaging window again. Harmony wasn’t going to work. He had to find way to get a hold of Buffy. Taking another drink, Spike looked at the monitor. Another ding. God, can’t Harmony take a hint.

BAS: hi

He sat up in his chair, ramrod straight and suddenly stone cold sober

BAS: You probably aren’t on, but I just wanted to say sorry

She was contacting him! She was actually on!

BAS: So umm, just so you know… you don’t have to contact me anymore. I just can’t, I’m sorry. Bye
Sxyspike: NO WAIT!
BAS: Spike? Are you there?
Sxyspike: Yeah, pet.
BAS: OH
BAS: Just wanted to say I got your emails
Sxyspike: You never replied
BAS: Sorry
Sxyspike: Why’d you leave?
BAS: I had to go
Sxyspike: Why?
BAS: Is it too cliché to say I hate goodbyes?
Sxyspike: I didn’t get to say goodbye, one last hug, one last kiss
BAS: Yes you did, you just didn’t know it at the time
Sxyspike: Bugger that shit!
BAS: Please don’t be mad. It would have been worse if I stuck around
Sxyspike: Keep telling yourself that.
BAS: I better go now.
Sxyspike: You bloody well will not!
BAS: Excuse me?
Sxyspike: I just found you again please don’t leave
BAS: You’re upset
Sxyspike: I have a right to be!
BAS: I never said you didn’t
Sxyspike: What’s your number, pet. I can’t bloody talk to you like this.
BAS: That’s not a good idea
Sxyspike: Why not?
BAS: Because it’s not
Sxyspike: You keep saying that, but you won’t give me a good reason
BAS: I got to go
Sxyspike: PLEASE BUFFY
BAS: I’ll email you later when you’ve had a chance to calm down
Sxyspike: No, please. I won’t press you anymore. I promise
Sxyspike: I miss you
BAS: I miss you too.
Sxyspike: So where do we go from here?
BAS: Friends?
Sxyspike: I know my friends numbers
BAS: Spike, you promised
Sxyspike: I know what I promised, but the past two weeks have torn me up inside.
BAS: I’m sorry
Sxyspike: Friends you say?
BAS: If you want
Sxyspike: If you won’t give me anything else…Friends it is.
BAS: I really should be going
Sxyspike: Hard night of partying
BAS: Something like that. I’ve got to go.
Sxyspike: Please don’t let two weeks pass before you contact me again
BAS: OK, I’ll email you in the morning
Sxyspike: It’s technically morning right now 
BAS: Hardy Har Har
Sxyspike: Leaving, pet?
BAS: Yes, bye
Sxyspike: Night, love
BAS: Spike?
Sxyspike: Yes?
BAS: Don’t call me that
Sxyspike: Why?
BAS: Just don’t
Sxyspike: I’ll try
BAS: Bye
Sxyspike: Night

Spike sat back in his chair with a wicked grin on his face. She contacted him! He wasn’t feeling so depressed anymore even though he still didn’t get her number. But she was talking to him, that’s better than what he had an hour ago.


Present

He was currently in the parking lot with the five overpaid imbeciles that took him to a fancy restaurant that didn’t have one lunch dish below twenty dollars. Shaking his thoughts off, he followed them into the conference room. He glanced over to the office manager’s office and notice she was in. He long golden hair pooled around her bent head. He couldn’t see her face due to the wall of hair, but he certainly was intrigued. He started to walk towards her office to introduce him self when Mr. McNally stepped in front of him. “Mr. Bennett, we have another meeting right now. This way, sir.” Internally swearing, he moved back into the conference room with the door closing behind him.

Looking up from her papers, Elizabeth felt that someone was watching her. Shrugging the feeling off, she went back to the file she was studying.