Chapter 13



“Hmm…Angel…you do…do love me, don’t you”

“What…oh...er, yeah……...um, course I do…told you…” The only thing Angel was concentrating on, was trying to get his pants down…

“Promise you won’t tell anybody?”

“No…I won’t tell…move your leg……… that’s it.”

“Where’s my thong?”

“In my pocket, don’t worry”

“Angel, I’m scared”

“Huh, don’t be…um, I really like you Cordelia”

“WHAT!” She struggled to sit up, pushing Angel backwards; his butt hit the car horn, making it blare and the car rock violently.

“What…what’s the matter?” Angel was surprised, and painfully hard, and needed to adjust himself.

“You LIKE me! You said you loved me half an hour ago!”

“What, I DO…lie down”

“No”

“ CORD…Cordelia, please…I do love you…why do you think I finished with Buffy for?” Her face changed; good, that was good thinking off the cuff! Angel thought.

“Really?” Cordelia had the dreamy look returning.

“Look, I…said um, I called her by your name when I was kissing her…ask Nathan…Buffy slugged me one, and ran off, saying she never wanted to see me again, ask him, I swear it’s true”

It was true, Buffy had just done exactly that, but not because Angel had called her Cordelia, oh no, he’s said, in no uncertain terms that he thought it was about time she stopped being so frigid and to drop her knickers for him.

“Wow…no wonder she was pissed, you called her by my name, after only kissing her?”

“Um…can we stop talking now…” Angel pushed her back down on the seat and kissed her. Cordelia lay back, moving her thigh so Angel could drop between them.

“Ah…that’s it…”

“Ow, mind your knee!”

“Sorry … bloody gear stick’s…in the…way…there.”

“Ang---ELL! Ow! Cut your nails!”
Angel covered her mouth with his, he didn’t want to listen to her…if he could…just imagine it was Buffy………

“Um, ok, ready?”

“Hmm…not re- ahhh!” Cordelia screwed her eyes up as he entered her. She was far from ready, not that he cared, he didn’t even know what foreplay was.

“Oh…good…oh, OH GODS! Th-that’s… s-s-s-so… good!” Angel had his eyes screwed up tight.

“Is it…ow, oh, um, that’s hurts…it’s sore…” Cordelia bit her lip; she wasn’t convinced.

“Uhn…oh, um…pill…you…are…uhn…on the pill…uhn” Angel was already passed the point of no return, after only about half a dozen thrusts, and pushing hard up inside her.

“What, no! – I thought you’d got a rubber! Angel…ahh, you’re hurting…ooohh!”

“Cord- fuck…uh, oh ……… I’m…gonna…Uhn…ooohh!” he sagged on top of her, spent. First time he’d come without the aid of his own hand.

“I…I Can’t………breathe…get off me…is…is that it?” Cordelia said, shoving Angel off her.

“What…you mean you didn’t um…you know, come?”

“No…gods, if that’s all it is, then its grossly over-rated if you ask me…ew…I’m all wet…and sticky! – Oh, Gods! - What if I’m pregnant now?”

“What, don’t be stupid, you can’t get pregnant the first time!” Angel said, perpetuating the old myth, eventually pulling up his pants, and settling back into the drivers seat.

“You can…my mom’s friends, daughter…”

“Look, we’ll get married if you are” Angel said rashly, not wanting to listen to one of her infernal monologues. He reached for his cigarettes, lit one.

“Really? ………I thought that it was supposed to last longer than that” she snuggled up.

“Yeah well, you got me all worked up” Angel lied.

“Did I?” Cordelia smiled

“Yeah. Come on, I’ll drop you home”

“What, already…but it’s only half past ten”

“I’ve got to go see Ged”

“Ok, remember, promise you won’t tell?

“What? Oh yeah, promise” Angel reversed out from under the trees.

“Just drop me at the bottom of the road”

******************


Angel swaggered into the bar, ordered a beer by the neck. His mates were playing pool.

“We saw you!”

“What?”

“With that Cordelia bird…”

“And?………Well…blokes got to get his end away somewhere, least I know she’s clean” Angel boasted.

“Get outta here, you fuckin’ ‘Delia, anyway, how do you know she’s clean?”

“Coz I just busted her cherry…Two hours straight, Inspiration Point…gods my dick’s sore, she’s just mad for it” Angel swigged from the bottle of beer.
Ged, his mate grinned.

“Didn’t use a rubber then?”

“They erm………tend not to fit!” Angel grinned, between swigs.

“Get outta here, when we had that talk on AIDS, that bloke stretched a rubber right up the length of his arm!”

“Yeah well…I find them…restricting…dulls the sensation”

“So, you gave Buffy the elbow, then?” Ged said, standing up from taking his shot.

“Not exactly…just keeping things stringing along…doesn’t do to letting these birds think they own you, you know. Plus, we want that bloody nosy brother of hers out of the way, he’ll be going to Harvard soon, and as soon as he does…” Angel just grinned, took another swig of beer.

“He pass that exam then?” Taylor asked.

“Sure fire certainty that is, straight A student, he came in the top 1% in the country as regards exam results, he’ll pass…”

“So, who’s the better lay, Buffy or Cordy?”

“Oh…Buffy, but don’t say anything… as I’m planning on getting back with her, very shortly, it doesn’t do for them to erm, you know, know that we’ve talked about them” Angel said, not wanting anything like that getting back to Buffy, especially as she wouldn’t even let him even touch her breasts.

“Not if Parker has his way” Ged smirked. Angel’s face darkened.

“That fucking mongrel better keep his eyes and thoughts off her…I had to bring James to heel once” the three guys looked at Angel when he mentioned the now dead guys name, they never had the courage to mention him first.

“Hey…listen…you know that Xander, look what Marco did in computer class” They showed Angel a mocked up photo of Xander and Willow naked, having sex, doggie style. Angel sniggered.

“Hey, this is good, how did he do it?”

“Dunno…we’re going to put it in his locker tomorrow”

“Want a game?” Taylor pointed his cue towards the table.

“No ta…my fucking back’s killing me!” Angel grinned, holding his perfectly ok back.

“Oh yeah?” Ged grinned

“Yeah, you try doing it for two hours in the front of a Plymouth…hold on, what am I saying…there’s no one blind or stupid enough to WANT to fuck your brains out, is there?”

“Whereas, they’re queuing up for you”

“What can I say…I’m a babe magnet!” Angel boasted, grinning, then he finished his beer.

“You’re SO full of bullshit!” Parker said, coming into the pool room, chalking up his queue.

“Two hours straight…I don’t think so, we passed you and Cordy coming out of the cinema at…ten to ten, and it’s what…only a quarter to eleven now” Angel and his three mates looked at the football jock, then they looked back at Angel.

“I met her before we went to the flicks, balled her twice before, once after, ok?” Angel said, blowing smoke out into Parker’s face. He grimaced and turned his head away, coughing and fanning the air with his free hand. He couldn’t say anything about what Angel had just said; he wasn’t there earlier to disprove it. And then, much to Angel’s delight, Nathan came in and said,

“Was that you, parked up at Inspiration, just?”

“What if it was?” Angel grinned.

“Thought Buffy had dumped you”

“Er, no…but I wasn’t with Buffy”

“He’s shagging Cordelia now” Ged said

“Not Cordelia Chase…fuckin’ ‘ell………classy chick”

“Yeah well, like I say, Buffy and I have cooled it a bit until her brother or adopted brother or what ever he is, buggers off to Harvard and gives us some peace…and as I have needs, and she’s clean…I’m banging Cordelia, ok?”

Angel dropped his cigarette and ground it out. Parker said nothing. He was holding the cue between his legs…Cordelia Chase, eh? – He wondered what her ‘mommy’ would have to say about that, if she found out.



The Following Morning


“Come on...come on – open will you – damn thing keeps getting stu-oh gods!!”

Buffy was talking to Willow and Xander. Xander was messing about trying to open his locker. Banging it by the lock, it sprung open, and he suddenly stopped mid-sentence, and drew out the computer-generated picture of ‘himself’ and ‘Willow’.

“What?” Buffy asked, and Xander angled the piece of paper for her to see

“Oh my god…who’s done this?”

“What, what is it?” Willow frowned, tried to look, but Xander quickly held it to his chest.

“Willow…I haven’t…I mean I’d never do…oh gods!”

“What, let me see”

Across the way, Angel grinned and hissed,

“She’s looking, she’s looking…yes…go on – we have a reaction!” Ged, Marco and Taylor started to laugh.

Willow gasped and looked sick, then near to tears. Buffy turned, and saw Angel and his cronies laughing, smacking ‘high fives’ she knew instantly he’d got something to do with it.

Cordelia came stalking down the corridor.

“Um, quick, come on…” Angel said, jostling his friends to move away so she wouldn’t see him.

“Don’t you want to speak to your latest…um, ‘orgasm friend’!” Ged said, and they all laughed.

“I’m fucking her, I don’t particularly want to speak to her as well…in fact, I wish I could tape her mouth up…except when she’s begging for me for more. Or to go harder or faster…” Angel bragged.

“Nice to see you up and around again, Cordelia” Parker said. At one time, she’d had the hots for Parker, he being top squeeze as he was the best footballer in the school, and considered a real hottie, that was until William ditched the specs in favour of contact lenses, and grew his hair and learned about the merits of peroxide, that he took the title of top hottie.

“Up and about, what do you mean?”

“Oh…from all the bragging Angel was doing last night about banging you silly every-which-way-but-loose for two hours, how you wrecked his back, and he couldn’t play pool because of it. And how you made his dick sore, and he um…how did he put it…oh yeah, busted your cherry…”

Buffy looked up, shocked at the knowledge, but Willow whispered that he wasn’t worth bothering about if he could go with Cordelia so soon after breaking up with her. Buffy agreed and said she wasn’t bothered.

Cordelia had gone a lovely shade of puce, and looked mortified, her mouth fell open.

“Oh, and just a little friendly advice, use a condom, he got mono last year, remember…he could have anything” Parker walked off. Cordelia wished the floor would open up and swallow her whole. Glancing around to see if anyone had heard their conversation, she was mortified. She’d have to talk to Angel, like NOW!

“So if you see her, don’t let her get me on my own, ok, she can’t start on me then, bird’s get a bit clingy once you start shagging them, think you owe them something.” Angel said to his friends. They all nodded. He’d promised to give them a blow-by-blow account of what happened the previous evening at lunchtime, if they kept him covered and Cordelia away from him.

Ged, Taylor and Marco managed to keep Cordelia at bay until afternoon break, when Cordelia spotted Angel going into the toilets, and followed him in.

“Just what do you think you’re playing at?” She hissed at him.

“Hi, baby…” he went to kiss her.

“Get away from me!”

“What? – But babe…what’s the matter?” Angel feigned surprise at her frostiness.

“You! You that’s what’s the matter, telling everyone we…we, you know whatted last night, you promised me!” She bobbed her knees once as would a petulant child being told ‘no’.

“What? I so did not tell, baby…I know if I told anyone…well, that would be you and me finished…do you think I want that, eh? We’ve got something SO special…” He touched her cheek with his finger, stroking.

“Well how come Parker told me you were bragging that you banged me for two hours last night and busted my cherry? Eh – tell me that?”

“Two hours? Busted you what? … But, but I met you, we went to the movies, came out at ten past ten…I saw Parker, yes, must have been about a quarter to eleven when I saw him, so I don’t know where he got two hours from…not that I spoke about us anyway…he must be jealous…put two and two together, and come up with, god knows… promise me you won’t think of him, in that way!” Angel said, trying out the ‘reverse the trauma’ situation from his ‘How To Seduce Women’ book.

“Promise?” Cordelia looked confused. She so wanted to believe him.

“Promise baby…think I want to ruin this beautiful thing we have, eh?” he nuzzled her neck, kissed her, he felt her relax and respond to the kiss. He smiled over her shoulder. He’d got away with it….

“How come he knew then?” Cordelia asked. Angel frowned, and then said,

“Well…somebody could have seen us at the movies, and then seen my car at Inspiration Point, I suppose, they that matter know, I’ve finished with Buffy…and that I’m seeing you now…” Angel could hear footfalls in the corridor.

“Um, babe, someone’s coming” Cordelia dashed out. Nathan looked surprised at her coming out of the men’s room. Angel quickly mussed his hair, lolled against the wall, quickly undid his flies, and some buttons on his shirt…after he was sure Nathan saw it, he did himself up.

“Wow, she won’t leave me alone!” Angel boasted, tidying his hair, and checking his flies again. Nathan grinned, by the end of school, it was all about that Cordelia had given Angel a blowjob in the toilets. She knew he’d not said anything as they were in the last class together, and his mates went to ‘special needs’ for reading lessons.

Willow found out that it was one of two people that could have generated that picture, it was either Marco, or a boy called Dan Walton. She guessed (rightly) that it was the former, as she’d never heard of this Dan kid, and decided to hatch a plan to get her own back.

Cordelia caught up with Angel outside the gates.

“Phone me later”

“Sure baby”

“Hi Cordelia!”

“Yeah, hi!” Strange boys were greeting and grinning at her, sucking their fingers, imitating a ‘blowjob’ and giggling. Angel knew what they meant, Cordelia didn’t.

“What do they mean?”

“Search me…listen babe, I’ll phone you, ok”

“On my mobile…we can talk then”

“Later, babe”
Ged, Marco, Nathan and Taylor were slowly walking out of the gates, reading a printed paper.

“Ok, what’s so interesting that it’s got you lot reading when you don’t have to?” he snatched the paper out of Marco’s hand.

“Hey, I was reading that!”

“…Scientific experiment with special needs candidates only…experiment to be done after school, an authorisation is needed from a parent, and a fee of $25 will be paid to each chosen candidate”

“Hmm, sounds suspicious to me” Angel said, then added,

“Where did you get them, anyway?”

“On the desk when we got into our class”

“I can forge my mom’s signature anyway, I do all the time, and then I can keep the $25!” Taylor said.

“Can you do my mom’s?”

“How the fuck do I know what your mom’s writing looks like?”

“I’ll bring you a copy” Angel shook his head…no wonder they never got laid, they were so stupid…he was grinning, until he saw Parker walking out of the gate with his arm on Buffy’s shoulder. Angel felt his blood boil.

“So, he said he was keeping you at arms length until William had gone to Harvard.” Parker reiterated.

“Did he now, well thank’s for telling me. It’s not true, we’re finished, for good.”

“Um, Buffy; fancy coming out this weekend sometime?” Parker looked hopeful.

“Erm, I’ll take a raincheck on that Parker, we’ve got guests coming from abroad, family do, you know…another time, maybe?

“Great, I won’t forget” he walked off, pleased with himself. Although trying to be diplomatic and hanging back, Willow and Xander had heard everything.

“So, you won’t be coming to mine on Sunday, then?” Willow said.

“What, course I will!”

“Oh, but I thought…”

“Just to put him off, if I said just a party, he’d try wangle an invite, as I said a ‘family do’ then he couldn’t really ask…I just don’t really want to go out with him”

“So just tell him” Xander said

“He’s useful at the moment, let’s me know what Paingel is planning, so I can be for-warned!”

“So, go on then Will, when they are in there, what we gonna do?” Xander asked Willow to explain her plan to get back at Marco for the picture.


Two Weeks Later.

“It’s here! Joyce said, picking up the long white envelope that had Harvard Examination Board printed on it.

Joyce went upstairs, knocked on William’s slightly opened bedroom door. Buffy was sitting cross legged on the bottom of his bed, dressed in her pyjamas. As the time got nearer for the results,
Buffy had got more quiet and almost withdrawn, spending every spare second with William, watching TV, listening to music, or just being by him while he read.

William was sitting up. They were both smiling when Joyce went in. Hank hovered in the doorway.

“Well, here we are then…before you open it…whatever the result, son, you know we’ll always love you and are so proud of you” Hank said.

William took the letter. It was a fore-gone conclusion as to whether he’d passed really, it wasn’t IF he passed; it was how well he’d done more like.

“Thanks, dad, mom. I love you too” Slowly, he turned the envelope over and slit it open with his thumb, took out the letter.

“Here goes…he read…um, I passed! Got 97%, I needed a 86% or more”

“Oh William!” Joyce and Hank hugged him. Not only had William passed, he scored the highest score, ever!

“We’ll see you down stairs” They closed the door. Buffy leaned forward and hugged him. She was shaking like a leaf, her face pinched; she managed to say,

“So proud of you Will” Her voice hoarse and strange…She kissed him and hugged him again. He relaxed to let her go, but she didn’t move, and felt her shaking.

“You ok?” Buffy shook her head. Will tilted her chin up
She raised her tear filled eyes to him.

“No.” She broke down and began to cry. This in itself always tore William up; he absolutely HATED it when he thought that she was hurting enough to cry. He moved forward and caught her shoulders, looked at her face.

“What’s up, eh? Come on Buffy, you can tell me” He gently brushed her hair from her wet face. One thought entered his mind. If she was pregnant by that moron…

“What am I going to do? I know I’m selfish…but…I… I don’t want you to go!” William caught her hand. He felt SO relieved, it was untrue, and the knot he’d felt in his stomach relaxed.

“Oh thank god!” He whispered, pulling her close, cuddling her up. Buffy felt confused slightly.

“Thank god, why, don’t you want to go?” Buffy sniffed, looked at him hopefully, with wet red eyes.

“Yes, I want to go…but……… Look, I’ve been thinking…you know I’ve got my inheritance coming through any day now, well, I’ll also have a student grant, how about instead of me living on campus, I get a bed-sit or a flat or something, and, well, would you come with me? You can go to night school, get a day job………I mean, only if you want to…I don’t want to leave you, that’s all” Buffy shrieked, flung her arms around his neck.

“Come with! William! Oh, gods, you mean it…coz I can’t be without you…I don’t want to even try…” She was beaming, and quickly shifted to look into his face. She sniffed and wiped her wet face on the sleeve of her pyjamas.

“Course I mean it…” William was grinning. He could have cried with relief himself.

“Oh gods, I’ve been so scared…thinking that…I couldn’t bear it…oh William! I love you!” She was hugging him again. William hugged her back, eyes closed. He’d been dreading it too…all along, what if she didn’t want to go with him…

“Buffy sounds pleased…I didn’t think she would be at all…in fact…no, I shan’t say anything, I don’t want to tempt fate.” Joyce said, cocking her ear to Buffy’s excited shrieks coming from upstairs.
Hank finished his cup of coffee.

“To be truthful Joyce, I’m bracing myself for some bad behaviour…huh…I just hope this Angel kid’s out of the picture…and pray she doesn’t get into something dangerous, like drugs…”

“She wouldn’t…would she? No…she’s too sensible oh gods if William’s not here………it worries me, they’ve never been apart, I’m dreading him leaving and…” Joyce said, feeling very apprehensive.

“That’s what I’m getting at…” Hank put his empty cup on the counter, and did up his top button on his shirt, slipped the knot of his tie up neatly. He looked up when he could hear giggling, and two pairs of feet running downstairs.

“Mom, Dad, listen!” Buffy flew into the kitchen excited, holding William by the hand.

“…I know you’re worried about me going off the rails when William goes…well, you won’t have to worry- coz I’m going with him!” Grinning proudly, she looked at him and scrunched her shoulders up. William was grinning too.

“What? But… but Buffy, what about…” Joyce began…

“Don’t worry mom, dad, she can register for classes, or go to night school, I haven’t got to live on campus anyway, I can use my inheritance to get us a little place…we can be study buddies!” he held Buffy’s hand tightly.

“Well…it would certainly stop us worrying, wouldn’t it, Hank”

“Yes, it sure would. One thing though, you’re not using you’re inheritance to get a place…I’ve got a policy…it’ll pay rent on a bed-sit and I’ll buy you a car, between you mind…if you promise to work hard, then I have no objections!” Hank said. Buffy hugged her mom and dad, first time in ages. They both went back up to get dressed.

“They will be alright, won’t they?” Joyce said, but she was smiling.

“William will look after her, I’ve no doubt about that, not for a second. I’m not surprised really, you couldn’t part those two with a crow bar!” Hank said, he too, was smiling.

“It’ll keep her out of that awful Angel’s clutches…Mrs Rosenberg was telling me that Angela Chase has threatened to get a restraining order out on him...and she might prosecute him for having underage sex with her daughter” Joyce said.

“Not that Cordelia girl? She always seemed to me like she thought that everyone was beneath her!”

“Well, there you go”

“Mom, we’ve decided that William will tell everyone that he passed the exam, but not about me going with him, ok, we’ve got our reasons”

“Ok love, whatever you want” Joyce said. Just before Hank left for work, he said to them,

“Look, you can start looking at cars if you want…around the $10-15 .000 mark, and when you’ve found one, we’ll go see about it, ok?”

“Yeah!”

“Great!” William grinned.

“I’m gonna let you drive…I’m hopeless!” Buffy said.