Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay, Real Life got in the way!
For all those kind souls sticking with it!!!
*********************************

William stood at the end of the counter in the coffee shop, talking to Franz………

“It’s a thankyou, for all you’ve done for us, say you’ll come, we’re asking Carlo too”

“Really, I’d love to have dinner with you, that would be great” Franz said, smiling.

“Good, say 7.30pm tonight at the Holiday Inn, we’ll meet you in the bar?”

“I’ll be there”

“Ok, I’ll see you in the bar, bye then” William came out of the Coffee shop, and made his way to the bookshop. He went in and could hear Buffy telling Carlo about their mother’s gallery. She was holding a book on the artist she was talking about.

“So, seeing his potential, she booked an exhibition by him, and since he’s been picked to do the mural for Ground Zero in NY, he’s the hottest ticket in town, mom’s over the moon, so is the gallery owner!”

“Hi, is he coming?” Buffy asked

“Yup! Will you come too, Carlo” William asked, knowing Buffy said she’d ask Carlo.

“Love to, tonight at 7.30, Holiday Inn, I’ll be there!”

“Good!”

“Here you go, I was telling Buffy, you can come and go as you please, I know you’re going tomorrow night, but you’re welcome, and I’ll show you how to set the burglar alarm in the shop. Just in case you ever need to, ok?” William nodded. Carlo had given him four keys, two for the outside front door, and two to the door at the top of the stairs. William caught sight of the Hispanic artist Buffy was talking about on a book cover.

“Oh, that’s the chap that mom booked because she like his stuff, he was a virtual unknown when she did!” William said.

“Yes, so Buffy was telling me, Joachim Cortez, should be a good seller!”

“We’ll see you tonight then” William said, and he and Buffy left, leaving Carlo to display the new books he’d just had in.

“I’ve got nothing decent to wear, you’re alright, you’ve got those black trousers”

“Well, you’ve got some money, haven’t you?” William said.

“Yeah, but that was my spends for holiday! I feel guilty asking dad, since he’s shelled out for all this!” William rolled his eyes.

“I can lend you…$50”

“Oh, but I wasn’t fishing for…really? – Thanks, I’ll give it you back from my first weeks wages!” Buffy grinned, William smiled.

“So, we can go into town?”

“Come on then” Buffy grinned in delight, scrunched up her shoulders for a second or two, and held William’s hand with both of hers.

What would I do without my big brother, eh?”



**************************************
*********************************


“The blue…or the black?” Buffy asked, holding each dress in turn in front of her. His head held on one side, William said,

“The black, the neckline is nice on that one, shows off your pretty collarbones”

Buffy smiled at him, went and tried it on. She came out of the changing room, stood on tip toe, and then twisted her hair up off her neck.

“What do you reckon, if I wear heels, and put my hair up, look any good; does my bum look big?”

“You’re bum’s fine, it looks very nice”

“Ok” Buffy got dressed in her own clothes and took the dress to the desk.

“That’s $60 please, madam”

“$60, but it says $40 on the ticket”

“Sorry madam my mistake, you’re quite right” The assistant wrapped it and Buffy paid for it and they went out.

Later on that evening

“I’ll have…a grilled steak, and a green salad, no dressing” Buffy said

“Want a starter?” William asked. Buffy shook her head, and said,

“No thankyou, no starter, and no potatoes, either”

“Ok…Carlo, Franz?”

“Um…I’ll have the pâté to start, then the lamb cutlets with the rosemary and juniper jus, mixed vegetables and new potatoes, thankyou” Franz said.

“I’ll have, the grilled lobster tail to start, then the veal escalope, sautéed Mushrooms, new potatoes and spicy zucchini, thanks”

“Wine anybody?”

“There’s a nice Californian white here, not too pricey” Franz said.

“What are you going to have?” Buffy asked her brother.

“I’m going to have, garlic mushrooms to start, and then a steak and fries.”

“Garlic mushrooms, I didn’t see those!” Buffy said, opening the menu again. William pointed it out.

“Oh, um…”

“I know, you want some too!”

“Please!”

William ordered for them, and a bottle of Californian Chardonnay. After a delicious meal, with Buffy stealing a good few fries off William, the sweet trolley was bought round, but everyone declined, and just had coffee and petit fours. The meal came to $178, William charged it to the room as his father had instructed. After they went and sat in the bar and chatted, they had quite a late night.



********************************
The following morning………

William zipped up his case and hauled it off the bed

“God……this case…feels like it’s got the kitchen sink in here…have you been putting stuff in my case?”

Buffy grinned and zipped up her own case with ease.

“One or two things!”

“One or two DOZEN more like…okay, I’ll get reception to hail us a cab to the airport, have you got everything?

Buffy pondered for a second, and then went into the bathroom, came back waving her toothbrush.

“What time’s the flight?”

William sat on his bed and took out the tickets

“The flight is at 2.10pm – we’ve got just over four hours”

“What shall we do?” Buffy asked

“Well, go say bye to everyone, but we must check in at least two hours before the light, so it says here”



Buffy and William had said goodbye to Benny, Franz and Carlo, checked out of the hotel, and made their way to the airport via a taxi.


The flight was smooth and trouble free, and their mom picked them up from the airport. As soon as they got home, Buffy did the washing, and both she and William repacked their cases for their holidays. Buffy tried to phone Willow, but Bernice Rosenberg told her that She and Xander had gone out with some friends.

“Um, Anna and um…oh I forget, sorry”

“Oh, Anya and Riley”

“That’s them” Mrs Rosenberg nodded, even though Buffy couldn’t see her. “Ok then thanks, bye”

“Since we didn’t go to the prom with them they’ve been joined at the hip with Riley and Anya” Buffy said, flopping on the sofa.

“Not jealous, are you – I mean, we ARE moving away” William reasoned.

“No, it’s just when we have this ‘farewell’ party, who will we invite?”

“Family”

“Yeah, but you know…who else? William asked, then he added, would you invite Willow?” resting his head back on the sofa.

“Not if they all come as a package, I can’t stand that Anya, she’s got a real attitude problem, and Riley could bore for the USA on how he goes ‘on manoeuvres’ with the ‘reserves’, whenever I see him, I have the urge to stand to attention and snap him a smart salute!”

“Yeah…I know what you mean”

“Come to town with me tomorrow, there’s a few things I want to get, tan lotion, some Sun-In for my hair, stuff like that”

“Ok…actually, I’ve got some books to take back to the library too” William said


*************




“They didn’t burn it down, or blow it up then” Buffy said as they passed Sunnydale High.

“They?”

“I don’t know, Angel and his cronies”

William drove on in silence. It irked him that she still mentioned Angel sometimes………he pulled up at the barrier of the underground parking lot and took a ticket. He parked by the elevator on the first floor, which they took up to the mall.

“Oh look who’s in Starbucks” William said, as they stepped out of the elevator.

“Who, oh, yeah, is it just them or…no, look, that’s Riley’s back”

“Xander’s seen us. We’d better go in, do you think?” William asked, looking from Xander to Buffy and back again. Anya moved her head and looked at them, Willow craned her neck and waved.

“Just wave, I’m not in the mood for small talk with Miss Attitude, I’m too tired…come on, I want to go in here” Buffy led the way into the department store, where she bought some lipstick and nail polish, some shampoo and conditioner and some bikini wax strips, and some for her legs too.

“Ah, but will it do you’re bum too?” William leant in and whispered cheekily
Buffy hit his arm!

“Cheeky, after I was thinking of buying you a prezzie too!”

“What, what, what? Tell me, tell me, tell, me!” William jigged about like a kid!

“You should streak your hair, it would look great”

“Yeah? – But, I couldn’t do it myself, could I?”

“I’ll do it for you, it’ll look great if you get a tan”

“Ok then pass me a box of stuff”

“I’ll buy it for you, my treat, you’re always treating me” Buffy put a box of streaking treatment in her basket.

“There you are, why didn’t you come in and say hello?” Willow grinned and grabbed Buffy’s arm.

“Oh, I could see you were with your friends, plus we’ve only just got here – can’t have coffee until we’ve done some shopping at least. I phoned you last night, when we got back”

“Oh, I haven’t been home yet, we all went out. Anyway, it was Anya and Riley”

“Yes, I know who you were with”

“Well, you know them from school” Willow persisted.

“Anyway William, find somewhere to live?” Xander asked

“Oh yes”

“And I got a job! – Um, um f-f-for William I mean…” Buffy said, going big eyed and red, realising her mistake, forgetting that nobody knew she was leaving with him yet.

“Oh, where?”

“Bookshop” Buffy said

“Coffee shop” William said, at the same time as Buffy, and then they reversed it.

“It’s a Bookshop that serves coffee!” Buffy said.

“Great, when do you go?”

“About mid August” William said

“And have you thought what you’re going to do?”

“Me…I’m leaving” Buffy said

“What, leaving school altogether?”

“Why not, get a job”

“Well, if you’re not academically inclined, or particularly bright, why take up a place somebody else could use” Anya said, walking over to them and butting in. Buffy wondered where she’d come from, and frowned at her comment.

“Well, phone me when you get a minute, tell me about the prom, I um, we must go, we’ve still got packing to do…Bye Willow” Buffy turned, her face hot from biting her tongue.

“Don’t let her get to you” William squeezed Buffy’s shoulder, and then added,

“Come on, I’ll let you buy me a coffee”

“What, and hair dye?” Buffy grinned and they went to the pay desk.

*********

Back home…

“OW!”

“Sorry…it’s just that I’ve got to pull strands though the holes with this hook” Buffy said. William was sitting on a stool in the bathroom with what looked like a swimming cap on, that had been punctured with hundreds of small holes that Buffy was pulling strands through to bleach.

“Feels like somebody’s digging into my scalp with a fork!”

“There, I think that’s enough…let me just check you look equal either side…hmm, a couple more this side I think………um…nope, still not equal, wait there… OH! Soon as I get one side done it loks too much the one side, right, ok, I think that’s it…you’ve got a funny shaped head!”

“No I haven’t!”

“Keep still…0kay now I have to paint this stuff on…put this towel round your shoulders, that’s it………”

“Tell you what…forget the streaks, just bleach the whole lot” William said, pulling off the cap

Buffy’s brows rose, then she grinned

“REALLY – Wow – okay, great!”

***

“Sure they’re closed, you’re not peeping?”

“Promise”

“Ok, open, you can look now Da-Da! ………what do you think? – I think it looks ‘fabulous, dwarling’!” Buffy said, grinning. William smiled at his reflection, turned his head right and left to look. Buffy showed him the back too.

“Great, thanks Buf, love ya!” he kissed her cheek. The phone rang downstairs.

“Buffy…William, one of you…” Joyce called up the stairs, leaving the receiver on the hall table. Buffy went downstairs.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Buf, it’s me”

“Oh, hi Will”

“Want to come to the Bronze, there’s a brilliant new band on, they’re called Witch Bottle…sort of grungy… White Stripes meets Nirvana, we’ll save you a seat if you want”

“Um…hold on, I’ll ask William”

“Will Mrs Angry and Mr Army be there?” William asked. Buffy giggled, quickly putting her hand over the mouthpiece.

“Look, don’t go to any trouble saving us a seat, we go on holiday tomorrow, depends what time we start out”

“Ok, one of the roadies is Riley’s next door neighbour, and we can get in early and get the best table to see the band”

“Yeah well, like I say, don’t go to any trouble of saving seats for us, thanks anyway, see you, bye”

“Gruesome twosome will be there, Riley’s a friend of one of the roadies…band sound good though, Witch Bottle, grungy, like White Stripes or Nirvana”

“Heard about them………who was it that told me about them…I know, Rupert Giles, he saw them in LA earlier this year, they’ve just got a recording contract or something”

“We can go if you want, haven’t got to sit with Willow, it’s up to you” Buffy said.

“I don’t know…see how I feel later”

Tiredness got the better of both of them, and they decided to stay in.

They following day they got their flight to Florida, and then Hank picked up a hire car, there was already another car for them at the villa, and Hank had told William he could use it.

******************************
The first couple of days it seemed that they just slept, went to the beach, came home, lounged by the pool and then went to bed………the villa was lovely, big spacious rooms, light and airy, huge patio with pool and enough of a suntrap to last well into the evening, and a barbecue area too.

It was day 3 of the holiday and Joyce needed to go shopping for supplies…

“Right, I’m going to the store, anybody want anything?” Joyce asked, picking up her purse and keys from the counter.

“Um…yeah. Would you get some more of this, it’s really nice” Will asked, holding up the ‘Florida Mix’ Orange and Grapefruit Juice carton, that he’d just taken out of the fridge.

“Will do…Buffy?”

“Conditioner…my hair’s gonna fizz in all this hot sun and chlorine in the pool”

“Well, you better come with me, I’ll only bring the wrong one, knowing you”

“Ok” Buffy went to go with her mother
Will and Hank went and sat out by the pool. Over the fence, the sixteen-year-old girl spied the hottie of her desires.

She’d been ogling William from her bedroom window for a couple of days now. She went and changed into her skimpiest bikini top, the one that showed off most of her well developed bust. She wandered outside, wondering just how to get the guy’s attention………

“Damn this thing!”

“What’s the matter, dad?”

“This virus scan won’t upload…I follow all the instructions, and I get to the bit where I press ‘run’, and it won’t”

“Have you read the manual?”

“Yes…I know… her father stood and continued, I thought it would be easy, just like the last one, it IS the same make after all…”

From over the fence he heard,

“William, quickly go tell your mom to get another couple of bottles of that nice Chardonnay we had last night will you, hurry, she’s just about to drive off!”

“’kay dad!”

“Hank?” A head appeared at the fence

“Hello, Hank?” Hank lowered his paper, and looked at the man.

“Bill! Didn’t know you were here?” Hank closed his newspaper and stood up going over to the fence

“I spied somebody arrive a few days ago, but I didn’t know it was you – how’s everything, you still at the Sunnydale branch then?”

“Yes, for my sins… so, how’s things with you?”

“Oh, you know…anyway do know anything about computers?”

“Not a lot, but my son a genius”

“Really?” Bill smiled William ran back from giving his mother the message and went to sit on one of the sun loungers until Hank called him

“This is Bill, he used to work at my place, he’s got a bit of a problem with his computer, would you help him?” William smiled and said,

“Sure! What’s the problem?”

***

“See, as it’s a totally new package, even though it’s by the same company, you need to ‘uninstall’ the old one, before it’ll accept this one, as this checks the binary codes and bits too, not just the binary codes like the old one” Will explained. He was standing in a kitchen practically identical to the one in their holiday home.

“Now…click ‘install’ on the toolbar… now press ‘run’…there you are, one installed virus scanner”

“This is where it used to go pear-shaped on me before!” Bill said smiling, his smile turning into a big grin when the words ‘Cobra Virus Scan installed’ William said standing up from leaning over the back of Bill’s chair

“Thanks William, you’re a star!” Will smiled, His dad grinned and started to talk to his colleague.

“Will’s going to go to Harvard”

“Is that right? –Wow, you must be very proud of him!”

“Oh, we are!”

“Hi” A girl in a very skimpy bikini top and very short, tight ‘Daisy Dukes’ came into the kitchen. She had long dark hair, and was very pretty.

“Hello”

“Oh, you fixed it then…dad’s been driving me mad all morning…I’m Holly” she held out her hand.

“Oh, um…hi, Will-William” he briefly shook her hand, and said to his dad,

“Well, I’ll carry on back round, there’s some reading I want to do”

“Oh, you going so soon?” Holly desperately wanted this hunk of salty goodness to stay…

“Um, there’s some things I’ve got to do” William didn’t know where to look, to try and be a gentleman, as Holly was fingering the halter string of her bikini top. William was embarrassed. Her father frowned.

“Holly, don’t you think you should…put something on?” he said a little sternly.

“I’m trying to tan, I came in for a drink” She snapped back.

“See you then” William went to leave.

“We’re having a barbecue tomorrow, come over…that’s ok, isn’t it dad?”

“What’s that, love?”

“I said for Wills here to come over to the barbecue tomorrow”

“Sure, bring the wife Hank, the family…”

“Um, not sure if she has something planned, I’ll see, can I let you know?” Hank asked, as Joyce had said something about that evening he couldn’t remember.

“Sure, no pressure…Larry Tate’s coming”

“Bye then” William headed on back outside; he vaulted athletically over the fence. Holly’s gaze didn’t falter watching him…

Joyce and Buffy came back from the store, and Joyce began to get lunch, Buffy wandered out poolside.

William was lying face down on the sun lounger, asleep.

“You asleep?” Buffy asked

“I was…”

“Sorry…”

“Buffy, ask Will if he wants a sandwich” Joyce called from the kitchen

“Please” Will called out.

“Where’s your father?” Joyce came out handing both of them a plate each.

“Next door, guy called Bill Travers, I fixed his computer for him while you were out.

“We’re supposed to be on holiday!” Joyce said, slightly exasperated.

“I didn’t mind” Will said, sitting up - and then he bit into his sandwich.

Will finished his lunch, and took his plate indoors. As he was coming back outside, a Frisbee from next door came sailing over the fence and landed in their pool.

“Sorry! Oh, Hello, again!” Holly beamed at Will over the fence.

Buffy looked up and then frowned looking at her brother. She thought, ‘again, what did she mean?’

William squatted by the pool edge, and tried to ripple the water, but the Frisbee just bobbed. So he stood, kicked off his sandals, pulled his tee shirt off and dived in to get it. He hauled himself out of the pool, Holly was almost salivating at the sight of William’s strong chest and six-pack abs…he threw his head back so his hair was out of his face, and he whipped the Frisbee through the air a couple of times to dry it.

“There you are!” he handed it to her with a smile.

“Why thankyou! I’m so sorry you had to get wet!” Holly lied. Buffy scowled, who was this bloody skank, eyeing up her brother?

“You’re welcome”

William turned and walked towards the outside tap, rinsed his hair as he didn’t want it to go green because of the bleach job he’d ha done, and then he sat at the patio bench and got a towel and started to dry himself off.

Buffy watched the girl watching her brother. Holly’s smile faded a little when she saw the look Buffy was giving her. She just hoped that it was his sister, and not his girlfriend.

Will walked into the kitchen.

“Is your father still talking, I want to go out in just under an hour, we’ve got a tennis match booked, and he hasn’t had his lunch yet…” Joyce said, looking at her watch.

“Shall I call him for you?”

“If you wouldn’t mind…”
William went back out and went to the low part of the fence.

“Holly…”

“Yes?” Delighted, she came running over.

“Is my dad there, only his lunch is ready and he and mum have got a tennis court booked in under an hour”

“I’ll get him for you”

“Thanks” She disappeared into the house, to come out a few seconds later.

“He’s just coming…”

“Thanks” William smiled and went to move away.

“Oh, Wills…do you eat meat?”

“Meat?”

“Yes, if you come to the barbecue”

“Oh, um yeah, yes I do” She smiled and nodded, and Hank came out saying goodbye to his colleague.
William could still smell the chemicals in his locks, thought he better go and wash the chlorine out of his hair before it started going green, and he headed indoors for a shower.

Buffy stayed out for another ten minutes, hoping the Frisbee would come over again, but of course, it didn’t, as Holly had deliberately thrown it over as she knew William was there…there was one thing Buffy did know.

She may not know the girl, but she didn’t like her…not one little bit. She went inside and up to her room, just as William came out of the bathroom, with just a towel round his waist.

“So, whose the skank?” Buffy asked petulantly

“Who?” William looked puzzled.

“Her next door, ‘little-miss-let-me-shove-my-tits-in-your-face” William frown/grinned.

“Well, her name’s Holly”

“When did you meet her then?”

“This morning…I went round to fix her dad’s computer as a favour, dad asked me to…Bill’s a colleague of dads. While I was fixing it, she came and introduced herself”

“I bet…could she be more obvious?” William frowned

“What about?”

“Oh don’t tell me you didn’t see her bloody tits in you face, she practically took your eye out with one of her nipples!” Buffy huffed, arms folded. William was puzzled.

“I didn’t notice” he said honestly, wondering why Buffy was pissed at him.

“Anyway, I’m dripping I’m going to dry off” William went to his room. Buffy went to hers, and slammed the door.

“What’s up with our Buffy?”
Hank asked as he came up for his tennis racquet.

“Don’t know, she’s got a snit on about something” William shrugged. He was now dressed in a towelling robe, sitting on his bed, playing with his Gameboy.

“Don’t forget to ask mom about the barbecue tomorrow” William reminded his dad.

“Good lad, I had forgotten!” Hank said, waving his racquet.

“Have a good game, and remember to watch your backhand” Will called

“I will, see you later” William heard them drive off. He put his Gameboy down, and lay back on the bed and fell asleep.

He woke to the sound of Buffy playing Nickleback loud enough to make your ears bleed. He yawned, scratched his head, and sat up. He could hear the shower running, and went across to Buffy’s room, and turned the CD player down to a more acceptable level, then went back to his own room.

The shower stopped two minutes later. After another few minutes, Buffy came into his room, dressed in her silky robe with her hair in a towel turban. She was still in a mood over ‘Holly’. Unfurling the towel from her head, she began combing crème rinse through her hair.

“Did you turn my music down?”

“Yes, just because you want to listen to it, doesn’t mean to say everyone else has to!”

“I thought you liked them!”

“I do, but I was asleep! And then there’s neighbours to think of”

“Huh, SOR-RY, interrupted your dreams about Holly, did I?” Buffy scowled.

“What are you…you’re jealous!” William said with a grin.

“No I’m not! – Of a skanky ho like her, I think not!”

“Yes you are, you haven’t even met her yet, and you’re already been nasty about her!”

“She looks a right tart! All coy and (Buffy put on a babyish voice) ‘Oh, sorry about that’ She fluttered her eyelashes and held her index finger to her lip as she said it.

“Gods, what is wrong with you, why can’t you see what she is?” William shrugged.

“I don’t know what I’m supposed to see, she’s a girl, that’s it as far as I’m concerned, nothing special about her” William said genuinely.

“Well she obviously fancies you like mad!”

“How can you tell? – You saw her for all of about what…ten seconds!”

“It was enough”

“Been invited to a barbecue at their place tomorrow night”

“You’re not going, are you?”

“We’ve all been invited, not just me. I don’t know, see what mom says, I’m not sure she’s already got something planned”

Buffy didn’t like doing things ‘en famille’ now, but whatever her mother had planned, Buffy would go along with it without argument, if it meant not going next door.

The following day was the day before they were due home, the week having flown by so quickly.

“Come on, let’s hurry up and get to the beach.” Buffy said to her brother, standing from a stool at the breakfast bar.

“Yeah, um, there’s a book I want, I won’t be a minute” William said.

“Ok, I’ll get the stuff ready”

“Ok…”

“Right, towels…check…sun lotion…check…Frisbee…check…changing tube…yup… thong, check…oh, talc … hmm………mom!” Buffy wandered into her parent’s bedroom.

“Yes love?” Joyce was sitting on the bed reading a leaflet, waiting for Hank.

“Got any talc? – gets rid of damp sand in tender places, I’ve run out”

“Sure, in our bathroom” Buffy went in and got it.

“So, you and William going to the beach?”

“Where else?”

“Your father and I are going to hunt alligators in the Keys!”

“Wow!” Buffy grinned big-eyed.

“Hey!” William paused in the bedroom doorway, then came in. Joyce ducked her head to read the title of William’s book.

“Computer Generated Programming Super Advanced level 6, Prof Tan, William, you’re on holiday!” Joyce said.

“I know…this is recreational…it’s fascinating!” William said, but, he looked if anything, fed up.
Hank came into the bedroom from taking a phone call from the boss.

“That was Tom, he say’s that we could stay on here another week if we wanted, He’s staying in Seattle a while longer, so Joyce, what do you say?”

“Hmm, few day’s maybe, but I really should get back, we’ve got that exhibition by Joachim Cortez start next Saturday, I really must be back home no later than Thursday, there’s so much to sort out”

“Ok, Buffy, William?” Hank asked.

“Sure I don’t mind!” Buffy said enthusiastically.

“Will, you want to stay?”

“Whatever” he shrugged.

“Oh, have you confirmed with Bill that we will be at his barbecue tonight?” Joyce asked her husband.

“Yes, did it earlier…Larry Tate will be there…that’s good for business!” Joyce rolled her eyes.

“This is supposed to be a holiday you know, you’ve talked shop practically every day, and William’s done nothing but read computer books…

William just shrugged again, he was bored, and would have really like to go home to his beloved computer, truth be known. Joyce knew there was something amiss, but didn’t want to spoil the day by trying to make him talk about things.

They all left the house, set the alarm.

“Don’t end up the ‘gator’s lunch!” Buffy called out to her mom.

“Why, where are they going?” William frowned as they turned right out of the driveway, and their parents turning left.

“To the Keys, on a ‘gator hunt”

“Oh, I wouldn’t have minded going to that”

“Oh, really?”

“Too bloody late though now, isn’t it?” William sighed. Buffy looked a little hurt,

“Sorry, I should have said.” she reached forward and turned on the radio, loud. William turned it down, without looking at her. Normally she would have turned it back up, but he looked annoyed, so she didn’t want to push things.