Author's Chapter Notes:
Thankyou to all you lovely ladies and gentlemen for your reviews, it is MUCH appreciated
“So what are you going to do?” Buffy asked, handing him back the letter

“Phone them I suppose………I can’t now though, it’s still the middle of the night there at the moment”

“Not so much as if we were back in Sunnydale though, don’t forget…wow”

“Yeah…WOW! – I never gave it a thought you know…I suppose when it happened, I was so young – you don’t think of things like that, and when I got older…well mom said something about it to me when I was 16 – but I’d just got into computers, and I’d got other things on my mind…”

“Like what?” Buffy asked, resting her chin on his shoulder. William turned and kissed her nose

“Like trying NOT to catch you in the bathroom, or in your bedroom half naked…gave me a hard time, you know?!” he smiled

Buffy grinned and they slowly started to kiss, but William broke it off and stood up

“Temptress!”

“Oh but Will…you’ve got nearly an hour yet, and I’ve got two…” She caressed his back and felt him shiver with delight

“And there will be plenty of time when I get home, half day remember, for both of us. We are going to do the laundry and that”

“I’ll do it before I go to work, and I’ll take something out of the freezer, we don’t want to waste time cooking!”

“Why, what had you got in mind?” William asked grinning. Buffy stood and William snaked his arms around her waist pulling her close – looking deeply into her eyes - her arms automatically went around his neck.

“Give you three guesses!” She pulled his head down for a kiss

“Wicked girl! As soon as I come home, I’ll-“

“Come to the shop – Franz likes to keep me talking, I know it’s a shame, but if you’re there, he’ll let me go…”

“Okay, but as soon as we get in, I’ll phone whose-it and thingummybob in London, find out what I’ve got to do”

“Kay”


************************


Buffy put the snick up on the door of the café, and then slid the bolts shut top and bottom. She’d cleared all the tables and had put the chairs neatly stacked so she could sweep. She suddenly felt a blast of cool air as the very back door opened I the kitchen and she could hear Franz calling out directions…

“There, that’s right, on the left in that space…it will fit, I measured before I bought it…good, good, thankyou…yes, I’ll sign, where, there…okay, thanks again, bye! Buffy……...BUFFY, ARE YOU – OH there you are – well here it is!” Franz was grinning and he had his hand on the shiny chrome coffee machine, although it was still covered in polythene.

“Help me get the plastic off it!” Buffy went over and helped, bundling it up and putting it in a black bin bag.

“Isn’t she a beauty! – Straight out of the ‘Café Bella Roma’ in St Mark’s square!”

“Sorry where?” Buffy asked looking at the shiny ‘monster’ – it looked awfully complicated…

“No matter, it was a place mama took me to when I was young – it was then I decided I wanted one, but when my time came to take over the bakery and café from papa – she wouldn’t let me have one, she always said…”

“It would bring in the wrong type of clientele, yes I remember you saying…golly, it looks awfully complicated!” Buffy said giving the machine a once over twicely look

“Hello?”

“William! Come and look at this, my newest toy!” Franz said proudly, and stood to one side so William could enter via the open back door

“Oh…so this is the new espresso machine is it?”

Franz grinned and began to open compartments and lift lids

“It is, look at her, isn’t she magnificent! She can make five litres of coffee and keep it hot, she has automatic beans filler and grinder, six settings for grinding the beans, SIX! – Most other machines have four at the most – she can froth a half litre of milk to boiling with 220lbs of pressurised steam in ten seconds………we can make latte’s and cappuccinos, creamy hot chocolate…I can’t wait to set her up! – Come on, let’s set her up and have a coffee huh?”

“Oh I um…” William looked a little panic-stricken for a second, remembering what Buffy said about Franz keeping her talking when she wanted to get away home…

“I’ll just finish sweeping the café” Buffy said, when Franz’ mobile rang. They both saw the happiness drain from his face, and heard him say quietly,

“Okay, yes thankyou, I’ll be there directly” he looked sad

“Franz?” Buffy asked, putting a concerned hand on his arm

“It’s mama, the test’s show that this chest infection she’s got has turned into pneumonia and she’s very poorly, they’re moving her to a high dependency ward – the doctor wants to talk to me, so my dears, the new toy will have to wait I’m afraid”

“Oh Franz I’m so sorry…you get off, we’ll lock up and post the keys through the door for you, I’ll make sure everything is done properly”

“Thankyou, I know you will, bye then”

“Bye, and we hope she’s better soon” William said

Franz nodded and felt for his car keys in his pocket and left.

“Poor man – come on then Muppet, what can I do to help you?”

“You can put the chairs back around the tables for me while I finish sweeping through” Buffy said.

When all was done, Buffy pulled the door shut, double locked it with the key and posted them through the letterbox. They quickly walked to the bookshop, which was still open so they went in that way.

Carlo was serving a customer and there were several people browsing. They both walked in with a quick ‘hello’ and a wave, and continued upstairs to their door marked ‘private’. Buffy let them in.

“Right, you get on phoning thing and whose-it, while I make us a coffee, ‘kay?” Buffy said taking off her topcoat and throwing it over the back of the sofa.

William went over and picked up the letter off his computer table and grabbed the cordless phone……………………………………………

“So what have you got to do?” Buffy asked excitedly as soon as William ended the call.

“Well, we COULD do it via letters and that, with affidavit’s as to whom I am and such, BUT I’ve had an even better idea”

“Which is?” Buffy asked smiling

“Well……as the half-term semester…” William said maddeningly slowly

“Yes, yes! Come on tell me, tell me!” Buffy bounced like an excited child

“Well, I thought………”

“If you don’t tell me!” Buffy grinning held her hand as though going to tickle him, William grinned and pulled his leg up in a defensive manner and put his hands ready to ‘fight’ her off…

“Shut up then so I can tell you, – now, where was I, ah yes…I thought…thatIcouldtakeyoutoLondon!” he said very quickly

Buffy processed what she thought he’d said, and then bug-eyed she squealed with delight, diving on him

“Did you say – oh gods Will did you say you’d take me to London?”

“Yes you Muppet! Come here!” he pulled her across his chest and gave her a smacking big kiss

“When?”

“Told you, half term” Buffy frowned and thought…

“Half term, half term…when’s half…oh gods it’s the week after next!” She answered her own question, then excitedly bouncing up and down again she squealed YAY! I’m going to London the week after next!”

“I’ll have to phone mom and dad though, there’s a load of stuff I’m going to need”

“Such as?”

“Letters from the British Social Services stating I was an orphan, adoption papers, American citizenship papers, immigration and emigration stuff”

“They’ll need all that?” Buffy asked brows raised

“Yup, see they’ve got to be one hundred percent sure I am who I say I am, we’re talking about a lot of (the telephone rang in his hand) – oh…hello? – Mom! We were just talking about you…………………yes thanks, it came this morning, I’ve just phoned them……………when, half term, erm…well you see mom, we can’t come home, the thing is, I’ve already promised to………no, it’s not that, I need you to send me stuff…………I was just saying to Buffy, all the adoption stuff, the immigration and emigration papers, citizenship, birth certificate – oh and the name I added on certificate too, the letters from the British Social Services………of course I’ll be careful with them………but that’s it mom, that’s why we can’t come home, it’s because I just promised Buffy I’d take her to London – it’ll be far easier in the long run rather than sending all the certificates and that there, I can keep an eye on them and bring them back safely………yup, you could say she’s excited, bouncing around like a two year old at the moment, here wanna speak to her……………………”


****************************

Buffy lay back against William’s bare chest, and he dropped a kiss on her wet shoulder

“Where’s the sponge?” Buffy groped around the bath, found it and held it up for him

“You should see your neck…could grow potatoes in that dirt!”

Buffy shrieked indignantly and tried to turn round, which wasn’t easy with the two of them in the bath.

“Shall we get out now, we’ve had two hot top ups, and I’m well pruned!”

Buffy held up her hands up to prove it

“Go on then Muppet…I hope you realise I’m going to get some funny looks tomorrow” William said smiling

“Why?” Buffy asked tucking in the corner of her towel she’d wrapped around herself.

“Coz I smell like…what was that bath stuff you put it?” Buffy grinned and said

“Wild Orchid! – Never mind, I can get you all sweated up again in bed and you can have a quick shower in the morning with your He-Man R us shower gel!”

“I see…I might let you!”

“MIGHT let me?” Buffy fixed him with a sexy look

“Okay, make that definitely let you get me all sweated up then!” He stood and Buffy passed him a towel

****

“Yes, yes – oh gods don’t stop………….ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” Buffy threw her head back as she bounced on top of Will, he held her hips and groaned loudly as he came, he inner muscles milking him. He reached for her and drew her forward, kissing her gently

“Love you baby”

“Hmmm……love you too my William”

She carefully disentangled herself from him and lay next to him cuddled up.

“Tell me about London, what we’ll do!”

William smiled

“Well okay…well first off, we’ll stay in a really nice hotel, only the best for MY girl” William’s arm tightened around her shoulder. Buffy smiled, gave him a squeeze and a kiss on the chest, then she snuggled even closer

“Go on, big swanky hotel, then what”

“Then after all the where, why and what have you’s and things are done with the solicitors, I’m going to take you – hoping it’s a nice day of course, on top of a red London bus, and we’re going to do the sights, Tower Bridge, Westminster, The Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square”

“Is that where the all those birds are to feed, and thingies pole, Nelson’s pole thing, and the lions and fountains?”

“Column, Nelson’s column, yes, that’s the place with all those things, although I read somewhere that they don’t allow you to feed the pigeons now, the pigeon muck was ruining the buildings!”

“EW – go on, what next?”

“Well, next we can go to Madam Tussauds, and the Planetarium…oh yes, and the London Dungeons and the Bloody Tower!”

Buffy lifted her head off William’s shoulder

“Can we see a show, a real West End show?”

“Course we can – several if you like, we’ll look on the computer and book on line!” Buffy squealed with delight kicking her legs.

“Mom’ll be SO jealous…I want to see Miss Saigon, no, Cats, no…thingie – The Mousetrap, mom and dad saw that when they went to London on honeymoon – imagine that, it’s still running!!”

Buffy had laced her fingers through William’s, and they were resting on his chest.

“When are we going to tell them about us?”

“I was just wondering that myself” William said

“Well it’ll have to be before Christmas” Buffy said matter-of-factly

“Oh yes. Why? I mean I know we should tell them as soon as possible, but why before Christmas especially?”

“Coz as were not going home for half term, they’ll expect us home for Christmas, and there’s NO WAY I’m sleeping in a single bed there!”

“Oh...okay” William thought it would feel a bit freaky, scrub that, a LOT freaky, but he didn’t want to upset Buffy, not as she was so happy like he was just at that moment.

“We going to sleep now, or what?” William asked looking at the clock, it was still relatively early, 10.23pm.

“What?” Buffy asked, raising her head, having full well heard what he said

“Good, I’m glad you said that!” Slowly William turned and covered her body with his, kissing her and murmering endearments in her ear making her shiver and tingle with want for him.