The scent of her was getting closer, but it also confused Spike. Why would she go patrolling in a classy French restaurant? Remnants of dusted Vampires littered the door marked “Croissant Deux.” As Spike slipped into the waiting area he was hit with the smells of French Cuisine. “ Just like friggin’ Prague” He remembered dining in the finest French restaurants on the richest, most refined humans he had ever tasted. All that was gone now, even if he could chomp on some “Happy meals with legs” he wouldn’t in fear of disappointing Buffy.

The waiter looked him up and down and a look of disgust appeared on his face. “Surely you don't presume that you can just waltz in here wearing that. I must ask you to leave this restaurant at once.” Spike looked down at his black t-shirt, jeans, boots, and leather duster. The vampire then gazed into the waiter’s eyes and used what he hadn't done in many years.

“I would like to find my friend, you will let me pass and treat me with dignity and respect, oh yeah and my name is Spike.” Spike broke his gaze, causing the waiter to stumble a bit, soon regaining his composure.

“Yes, well Mr. Spike, we all very pleased that you have happened to grace us with your presence, and It would be my pleasure that you search around the establishment.” The vamp broke out in a grin as he realized that his thrall still worked!

“That’s a bloody well better attitude mate, glad you came ‘round to your senses!”

“Yes, well, what is your friends name Master Spike? I could find out which table?”

“No thanks mate, I can find her.” He said as he strode away into the romantically darkened restaurant.

Most of the people sitting at the various tables were coupled, many kissing and rubbing their feet together under the red-tablecloth tables. He just hoped she wasn't dying in the kitchen. He couldn't smell her blood, but things like that always seemed to happen to him.

What he saw then was the most enraging thing he had ever witnessed.

Buffy was being fed a piece of fruit by some sodden' black Mr. Clean! He even had an earring and everything! Spike had to fight his demon just to keep himself from snapping the wanker’s neck as he strode over to the table. Buffy seemed to be enjoying herself. ‘She never acted giggly when we were together!’ He felt a wave of emotions rush over him as he stared at a woman he could never have.

Just then Buffy noticed the vampire standing over her shoulder. **Cough**gag** Buffy started to choke on her pear slice at the tearful look in her past-lover’s eyes, which had an equal amount of possessiveness and anger.

“Spike! W-what are you doing here?” Spike glared at the ‘date’ Buffy had decided was good enough for her. He had the sudden urge to rip out his intestines and strangle him with them.

“I need to talk to you, slayer.” His icy glare finally penetrated the principal’s face as the man showed a look of distrust.

“ Buffy, do you know this man? How does he know you’re a Slayer?” All the while not backing down from peroxide blonds death glare. Buffy meanwhile, stood up and started to pull Spike away.

“Long story Robin, I’ll be back in just a sec’. Spike! what is so urgent that you have to pull me away from an important date?” Buffy was slightly pissed now, especially since Spike was looking at Robin Wood like he wouldn't mind turning back to his old ways. She pulled him out the back entrance, but he undoubtedly would have followed any ways.

“What’s up Spike?” Spike was channeling William as he shifted his feet and tried to avert her eyes.

“You have date…that’s nice.” He was trying to sound happy for her, but his jealousy was getting the best of him when anger escaped his voice.

“YES SPIKE, I SOMETIMES HAVE A LIFE! Which doesn't occur very often, especially when a certain mopey vampire followed me around like a friggin’ bloodhound!” Buffy regretted her words seconds after she said them.

“I JUST WANTED…” Spike tried to say it, but it wouldn't help if he yelled it at her. Lighting exploded across the sky as it started to pour.

“Wanted what, Spike?” She was trying to sound less harsh; after all, he wasn't her enemy any more.

“I w-wanted to know why you removed t-the chip.” He felt very vulnerable around her, not good for his Big Bad image, but he couldn't help it. She awoke the self-conscious William in him. Buffy also had the feeling of being under a microscope so she stared at the gravel along the side of the road.

“You were in pain, I-I couldn’t put another one in, in seemed cruel…” Spike flinched at this. Was that the only reason? Because she was good and pure so she couldn’t keep the wild dog on the leash anymore? Had he just imagined that she had feelings for him? It was too much to take; he could feel his undead heart breaking as he turned to walk out of her life forever.

“Sod it slayer, I don’t need your pity!” He said as he walked down the alleyway.

“Wait…” Spike heard her desperate plea and stalled for only a second. “I believe you can be a good man…that I can trust you…don’t leave me” He turned around to gaze into her tear filled eyes and felt his resolve crumbling rapidly.

“Luv, you know I can’t resist you. You couldn’t get rid of me if you wanted to.” Spike’s trademark grin returned to his face as he sprinted towards her and twirled her around him before going in for a chaste kiss. Buffy was shocked but didn’t resist his obvious love towards her. She even felt happy! Something that she had tried to deny herself for so many years, in fear that she would be left again. Angel left her, her dad left her, and Riley left her, but Spike…he would never leave her!

“Sooo, you’re not worried that I’ll go killing humans again?” Spike asked coyly.

“No, but if you do I’ll have to stake you!” She laughed at the mock-shocked look on his face, they both knew that it was an empty threat. Logic suddenly stopped by at the brain of Buffy.

“Hey! How did you know that you're chip was out?” And almost giggled at the proud chest puffed out way he was walking at the question.

“Xander finally got what he deserved.” She stopped in her tracks and stared at the increasingly confused looking vampire.

“What did you do?” Buffy couldn’t believe him! If he killed Xander he would definitely have to be staked. Didn’t he know what that would do to her?

“Nothing pet, I promise! Just clocked his jaw is all.” Waves of relief washed over her, as her mood lightened once more.

“Well…I guess he did kinda’ deserve it, you're forgiven.” She smiled a true smile at him, and he decided that even if he were staked, he would've died a happy man. Buffy’s grin spread even wider as she spied upon Spike’s now curly drenched hair.

“You looked like a drowned vamp, I never knew you had cute little curls! What’s the matter? Ashamed of your Shirley Temple hair?

“Laugh now Slayer, but just wait until you look into a mirror!” Buffy fiddled with her hair, attempting to make it look stylish.

Robin Wood was forgotten as he sat at his table, wondering where Buffy was. Foolishly thinking she would be back, he was determined to not give up. He was going to wait until she got back. Yup, she’d be there any moment now…

Buffy and Spike strolled down the dark back alley, just daring any evil to ruin their happiness. They weren't worried, together they fought and won against everything daring enough to challenge them. And wouldn’t let First Evil worries get to them.

“I’m not even going to think about facing the evil preacher until tomorrow morning!” Buffy sighed as she leaned into Spike side so they walked as one. Spike chuckled, realizing now whom he had killed in the woods.

“What?”

~Finite~