Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay guys I’m sorry this chapter is so short, but I’m just not sure where I’m going with this yet, so please bear with me.
Sorry, there’s not smut in this part either, but again I’ll try and work on some in the next few parts. Hopefully it’ll do for the time being. I promise to write more soon, but I also have to work on the next chapter of Reunion as well. I’m hoping to have another part of them both up within a week or so. *crosses fingers*

Beta'd by Tis, my best friend and soul sister. *hugs* Thank you so much sweetie for everything, not to mention reading Spuffy when I know it's not your favoirte pairing.



Day turned into night and still Buffy’s pulse was weak. Just about dusk, he thought he felt her stir, but other than that she was as lifeless as William was.

‘How could I ever be so stupid?’ he thought, hugging her tightly.


All day long he’d been raging a mental war with himself over what he should do. Spike knew she was dangerously low on blood.

Should he take her to a hospital? Even if he did, he didn’t know if they could save her. What about all the questions they’d ask? Could he answer them?

Would she even want to go to a human hospital after all these years? After all they’d been through, he couldn’t say for certain she would. Buffy had become so immersed in to their world of darkness that it had become hers as well.

She’d cut all ties with her family, her friends, and the Slayer’s Counsel as well. If he brought her to a hospital, would they find out and take her away…? Would they rip her out of their world and thrust her back into the life she no longer knew, no longer wanted?

And what would happen to his beloved brother? What would happen to him if Buffy was taken from them; would he fade away forever without her there by their side?

Could he leave Will for however long it would to bring her there in the first place?

Those were all questions he didn’t have answers for… and one thing Spike hated was not knowing. When he wasn’t holding her, he was pacing the room, and it was driving him insane.

He’d also considered turning her several times thoroughout the day. It would save her, and bring her back to him… to them, but would she forgive him. Would she be the same Buffy she was before… was now?

He knew from personal experience that not all vampires were the same as they were in life. In fact, most became twisted and ugly- letting the demon take control of them instead of controlling the demon like he and Will did.

Spike couldn’t let that happen to her any more than he could allow her to leave them. They needed her; she was everything to them. She couldn’t die. She just couldn’t.

He couldn’t bring himself to do it, not unless it became their last resort. If she was still like this in another day… then maybe, maybe he’d reconsider it. But for now he would just hold on to the hope that she’d wake soon… they’d wake and everything would be back to the way it had been before.

Spike was beside himself. Not one, but both of his loves were gone from him. He was alone for the first time ever in his life and unlife, as it were.

Drawn back from his thoughts, he traced the curve of her cheekbone with the gentlest of touches. “Ya gotta wake up now, luv,” he whispered, pleading with her to come back to him… to them.

Her eyes fluttered. “That’s it, pet… open those beautiful hazel eyes and look at me,” he encouraged her, continuing to stroke her face.

Slowly and oh so reluctantly, Buffy opened her eyes. She was so tired… all she wanted to do was sleep, but she could feel her master’s pull, beckoning her back to him.

“That’s it,” he purred, peppering her forehead and face with kisses and cradling her naked form to him, hanging onto her for dear life.

Buffy and William meant the world to him. How could he have allowed her to be so reckless with her life? With their lives…?

“Spike?” she questioned, fighting the foggy haze threatening to seize her once again. She reached up to touch him, but her arms felt like lead. She didn’t have the strength to touch his face; instead her hand fell limply back down to rest on his forearm.

“I thought...” Spike choked, “I thought I’d lost ya, too.” Closing his eyes, he tried to hold back the emotions threatening to consume him.

His eyes turned a strange shade of mingled amber and blue and when he spoke again, his voice was no more than a low growl. “Don’t you ever do that again, you hear me? From here on out, ya gonna listen to me.”

“Not gonna allow ya to feed either of us until you’re back to full strength, and I mean it. Not gonna fall for your tricks, either. No more seducing me inta feeding. Bloody well almost lost you today and I’m not going to ever do that again.”

Spike knew he sounded angry, but he was damnit! He was mad at both of them…. All of them, in fact: at Buffy for being so foolish and not taking care of herself like she should, at William for going off and doing whatever it was that brought about this catatonic state, and at himself most of all for allowing it all to happen. It was his… his job to take care of them both and he’d failed miserably.

Buffy swallowed hard, knowing what Spike was thinking and it hurt both mentally and physically. She hated causing her lovers pain. All she wanted to do was keep them close and heal William like she knew she could. She’d been so lost without him there that all she could think about was bringing him back, no matter what the cost.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered, her voice hoarse from dehydration.

Spike closed his eyes and counted to ten slowly, trying to gain control over his rampaging emotions. He wanted to shake her, make her understand how important she was to him, how the thought of losing her had been eating away at his gut all day.

But he knew letting his anger control him wouldn’t do any good; that’s one lesson he’d learned the hard way years before, he wasn’t about to repeat it. And especially not now when the two people he loved needed him most.

He knew he had to channel his frustration into something more useful, like finding a way to cure William.

Letting out a slow, unneeded breath, Spike regained his composure and when he opened his eyes they were back to their normal deep cerulean.

“Lay here and rest,” he told her as he slid her off his lap to lie beside William. “I’ll be right back, gonna get ya something to eat.”

‘And grab something for Will and me, while I’m at it,’ he added silently, knowing that Buffy hated seeing them feed off of other humans, but right that moment he didn’t really care. He was bound and determined to do whatever was needed to ensure their safety.

The petite blond didn’t comment as she curled her slender body around the slumbering form beside her. She didn’t have the energy; all she wanted to do was sleep. Maybe when she woke again she’d have the strength to argue with Spike… maybe.

Dressing in silence, Spike’s worry grew; it was so unlike his little hellcat to just simply do as she was asked. Not once in all the time he’d know her had she ever just done what he said without putting up a fight of some kind- either verbally or physically.

Grabbing his wallet from the night stand, he watched the two for a moment before bending over and giving them each a kiss before leaving, vowing to be back as quickly as he could. He hated leaving them to begin with but to leave them here all alone and unprotected went against every instinct he had. It was dangerous; especially not knowing who or what had caused his brother’s coma. Whoever it was could be out there…. just waiting for him to leave them vulnerable.