Author's Chapter Notes:
I am sick, and just hope I can get this finish. So thank you for sticking with me on this, I just hope I don't dissappoint you all.
When Buffy sat back down at the cafeteria table, Spike automatically knew that something was different with her.

“You okay, pet?” He asked with a puzzled look on his face.

“Me? Oh, I’m fine.” Taking hold of his hand she gently used it to get his arm around her shoulder, before letting go.

He smiled at her change in attitude to earlier in the day, then remembered that he had sent Cordy after her.

“Where’s Barbie, love?”

“Powdering her nose, I think. She’ll be back soon.”

Just at that moment Cordelia reappeared and sat down next to Angel as far away from Buffy as possible. Spike noticed that she looked whiter than normal and wondered exactly what had just happened in the girls' loos a few moments ago.

Buffy broke him out of his musings with a quick kiss to his cheek.

“Deep in thought?”

Spike just smiled and gave her back a gentle kiss on the forehead.

“So, Buff.” Buffy winced at the name, it was what her friend Xander called her, and she didn’t like one bit when someone she despised as much as Angel called her by it.

Faking a sweet smile she looked up at him. “Yeah?”

“Coming to the Bronze with us tonight?”

Concern marred both Buffy and Spike's face simultaneously, but for different reasons. Buffy had planned on catching up with Willow tonight and maybe even going to the cinema with her. Whereas Spike was worried that it would be too much for Buffy to handle it all in one day.

Harmony spoke up for the first time, finally tearing her eyes away from Spike for a brief moment.

“Oh my god, blondie bear, you should so come! We haven’t been able to go to the Bronze while we where doing that stupid play. Now that it's all done we should totally go out and party!”

“Umm” Spike however was saved from having to give an answer when Cordelia spoke.

“Harmony! The play was not stupid. Hello, I was in it!”

Harmony tried desperately to quickly backtrack before she could really anger the head cheerleader. “Oh, I didn’t mean it was stupid, ‘cause of course you were like so amazing. I just meant because it took all our time and we haven’t had time to go party.”

Spike sniggered over the arguing blonde pair. Cordelia really could live up to her name of queen bitch when she wanted to, he watched as she made Harmony squirm.

“So, anyway.” Angel’s voice sounded over the two girls. “Bronze?”

Spike spoke for them both. “Was kinda planning on taking Buffy out, alone.”
Cordelia looked at Angel. “Sweetie, we shouldn’t force them to go if they want a nice quiet night just for the two of them. Plus it's probably a bit of a short notice for Buffy to wear something. You don’t want her sticking out like a sore thumb, do you?”

“I don’t know. If she has any more of these outfits that show off her tits and butt, she’ll fit in just fine.” This earned Angel a slap from his girlfriend, and a scowl from Spike, and succeeded in making Buffy feel very uncomfortable.

Buffy, however could also see just what Cordelia was doing. She was trying to make it so that Buffy didn’t go but it didn’t look like she was stopping her. Well, Buffy wasn’t going to fall for that trick.

“Spike, you know what? It might actually be fun, and like Harmony said you haven’t been to Bronze since the play. We should go with your friends. But don’t worry Cordelia, I am sure I can find something to wear.”

Spike looked at her with concern written all over his face. “Sure you want to go, pet? Don’t want you to feel pressured or anything.”

Now that she had played Cordy at her own game, it was time to reassure her boyfriend. “I really want to go. You never know...I might actually enjoy it.”

“Your wish is my command, pet” He gave her a quick kiss before turning back to the rest of the group at the table. “We’ll meet you there at eight.”

“Cool.” Angel and the rest of the group then went back to eating their lunch.

“Spike?” Buffy had started to sound a little unsure again now.

Spike gave a quick kiss to the top of her head, “Yeah pet?”

“If we are going out tonight...do you mind if I go and spend the rest of lunch with Willow? I just haven’t had the chance to see her over the weekend”

“Sure, you go have a good chin wag with your mate. Say nice things about me.” We a cheeky grin he sent her on her way.

Spike watched as her hips switched from side to side as she walked towards her friends. As he finally turned back round to his table he found all his friends staring at him. It was Cordelia who spoke first.

“Spike what are you doing with her?”

Before Spike could answer though, Angel started his tirade again.

“Really mate, when will this crazy spell end? We though you had hit the bottom of the barrel with Dru. Surely there are easier ways to get laid. Sure, I mean she's hot and everything, and I'd love to have my way with her when you're finished. But she’s a geek, she’s not one of us!”

Spike could barely contain his anger. “Watch what you are saying there!”

“Only saying what the whole school is thinking.”

“Bloody hell, peaches, not everything is about shaggin’”

“Angel has a point, Blondie bear, she doesn’t exactly fit in with us.”

“Sod this” Spike could put up with their intervention no longer, he got up angrily from the table, causing his chair to fall to the floor behind him. “Gonna go find Gunn and leave you wankers to yourselves.” With that he stalked out of the cafeteria, with nearly everyone's eyes on him.

Everyone but Buffy that is, who was too busy catching up with her friends to notice the commotion at the popular table. They had immediately made room for her at the table, and Anya had asked in her usual blunt style if Buffy had been enjoying lots of orgasms off Spike, which unsurprisingly had caused everyone to blush and allow silence to descend upon them.

It had been Xander who had broken that silence. “Love the new look Buff.”

“Yeah, it’s umm…different.” Buffy's red headed best friend stammered. Buffy could tell that she couldn’t decide if she actually did like it or not.

“Xander, close your mouth, you’re starting to drool. I am sure Buffy didn’t come over here to have you stare at her. She came to tell us about all the amazing sex she is having with Spike.” Anya finished with a flourish. Once again everyone looked at Anya mortified. “What? I’m right, aren’t I?”

“Anya, I didn’t come over here to tell you about the sex between Spike and I. I mean, not that we are…you know. Not that we couldn’t...I mean…”

“Buffy, breathe.” Buffy looked over at her level headed friend.

“Sorry, guys.”

“It's cool.” Xander had managed to stop staring at Buffy’s new look and was now joining in normal conversations. “So what happened this weekend? You know everyone’s saying stuff, right?”

“Really Xand’, it had slipped my notice!”

“Bummer.” Oz mimicked her sarcastic tone, though coming from him it was hard to tell if it was sarcasm at all.

“D-d-don’t listen to them.”

Buffy gave Tara a kind smile. “Don’t worry, I wasn’t.”

“Buffy what did happen between you and Spike? You two seem very cosy.” It was Willow who finally asked the question that everyone was dying to know the answer to.

Cosy was a good word; Buffy liked being cosy with Spike. “Well it was kinda fast.”

“Told you I was right, she’s pregnant!”

Buffy just gave Anya a confused look. “Pregnant? Anyways it happened after the play.”

“Buffy I tried looking for you, but I couldn’t find you anywhere, I figured you must have left, so Oz gave me a lift home.”

“Hey, it's fine Will, kinda worked out really well, actually” A small smile crept to her lips as she recounted the rest of the weekend's events, her friends were thoroughly enthralled throughout. It was safe to say that they found the real story of events much more interesting than half the rumours they had been hearing all day.

“So yeah that's everything, and now I am going to the Bronze tonight. Me at the Bronze, who would have thought!”

“Will you be okay?”

Buffy knew her best friend was just looking out for her. “Will it’s the Bronze. I will be fine, I mean what could honestly go wrong?”

“You know what I mean, Buffy. Have you told Spike about…?"

“No! He doesn’t need to know yet!”

“B-b-but sweetie, if you like him s-s-shouldn’t he be told?”

“Look, I have decided and he doesn’t need to know!”

Anya didn’t look up from her macaroni and cheese. “He’ll know soon enough anyway, it's not like you can’t take your pills.”

This time it was not an embarrassed silence that fell over all of them, as they knew Anya just spoke the truth.

“I...umm...need to go the library, anyone want to be my bodyguard against the mob?” Buffy tried to lighten the mood again.

There were a few 'Sure!'s around the table, but in the end everyone got up to go with her. They would do anything to protect their Buffy just like she would do for them.

“I think I have to be back here before the bell to meet Spike again though, is that okay?”

With several nods they headed off to the library all together.

TBC…