Author's Chapter Notes:
I've finished Singlets. Not with this chapter, obviously, but with the story. It's 15 chapters long, and then I can get back to Twinlets. So expect regular updates, about once every 2/3 days!! :)
Buffy poured herself a very stiff Jack and coke, downing it in one gulp. God, that was absolutely foul! How did Spike and Will drink this stuff? She glared at the bottle full of disgusting liquid, trying to decide whether or not she should have some more. She glanced over her shoulder, where Xander was giving a sulking Riley a pep talk. Definitely more. She poured herself another Jack and coke, minus the coke. There was a bad taste in her mouth she was trying to get rid of.

“Hello, you must be Buffy. I think you’re very attractive and well suited for giving Will and Spike orgasms.” The alcohol Buffy was currently choking on made her throat burn in very unpleasant ways. Through watery eyes, she could make out a thin woman with light brown hair and a frank expression on her face.

“Anyanka! Bloody hell woman, you’re a menace. What did you say?” Will thrust a cup of water at Buffy, which she gratefully took.

“I said—“

“Never mind, I don’t think I want to know. You OK luv?” Buffy nodded, her eyes still a little blurry.

“This is Anyanka. She’s our secretary-assistant-gopher type person. Her title is a little up in the air, but she’s good with money.” The woman waved cheerily.

“Ah…hi,” Buffy said with a little wave.

“Hello. My name is actually Anya, Will likes to call me Anyanka because it annoys me. I am very please to meet you, and should you ever wish to meet and discuss orgasms or money, you can—“

“Buffy, I need to talk to you.” Anya regarded the hulking man trying to catch Buffy’s attention. Judging by his possessive demeanor and the way he was clutching Buffy’s arm, the two had a thing. They were probably dating, which was unfortunate, because this person was completely unsuited to giving Buffy orgasms. Not that he wasn’t attractive and physically pleasing, but they were obviously not compatible. Anya shook her head. People could be so oblivious sometimes. Now Spike and Will? Either one of them, or better yet both, were much better for Buffy. Oh, but she was being impolite.

“Hello, I’m Anya. Are you the man currently giving Buffy orgasms?” she asked with a bright smile. Buffy stifled a giggle at the deer-in-the-headlights look Riley was giving Anya. He could be such a prude sometimes.

“Anya, this is my boyfriend Riley. Riley, this is Anya, Will and Spike’s secretary assistant…person.” Riley shook his head and promptly ignored the woman. Anyone who said such things out loud was not someone he—or Buffy—should associate with.

“Buffy, I really need to talk to you,” he implored, his eyes wide and begging. Buffy sighed and with an apologetic shrug towards Will and Anya lead Riley to her bed room. Will scowled after them, grabbing the bottle of Jack.

Riley glanced around Buffy’s room in surprise. This was the first time he’d been in it since the move.

“It’s…different,” he noted judiciously.

“Yeah,” Buffy said, looking around her room. She’d changed a lot of it since moving in here. It felt right, more like who she was now as opposed to who she was when she’d moved in with Faith those years ago. “So, what—“

“I’m sorry.” Buffy was surprised by the admission. She hadn’t seen this side of Riley in…ages. “I shouldn’t have overreacted. I trust you, I do. I just…I saw you in the arms of some other guy I didn’t know, and I was just…I was jealous.” Riley looked so bashful and apologetic, Buffy couldn't stay mad.

“Yeah, I know. I’m sorry, too. I might have overreacted a little myself,” she said shyly. Riley could be so insufferable, but then he went and did something like this…

“So we’re good?” he asked hopefully. Buffy giggled at how open and eager he looked.

“Yeah. We’re good.” He bent over, his eyes flitting to her lips, then to her eyes, and back. Buffy tilted her head up in anticipation for his kiss.

“Buffy, I…” They broke away with a start, like two high schoolers caught at prom. “Ah.”

“No, no problem. Riley, this is Spike. He’s my other roommate. Will’s twin.”

“I can see that,” Riley said neutrally. He extended his hand, and the two men exchanged a very brief shake. Neither one of them particularly wanted to be in contact with the other for very long.

“What’s up?” Buffy asked.

“Oh. Yeah. Well, Da showed up, and Will and I…Ok, Will would like you to meet him, if you’re not, you know, stealing off from the party to shag Captain America.” Riley glared at the smirking blonde man.

“Yeah, I’d love to. Ri?”

“I’ll be along in a second,” he said. Completely aware of Spike’s gaze, he laid a soft, lingering kiss on Buffy’s lips. “Go have fun.”

Spike stared at the hulking brute before following Buffy back to the party. He really did not like that guy, other than he was the undeserving boyfriend of the most amazing woman he’d ever met. The ponce had…shifty eyes. Yeah, that was it.

“Buffy! Hey, Da, meet Buffy!” Will clapped a grey haired man on the back. A rather hassled-looking man turned around, his glasses askew. Buffy couldn’t help but giggle at the picture the man made. He was obviously British—the tweed was a dead give away. He had a kind face and a slightly self depreciating smile. Not quite the way she envisioned the Twinlet’s father, but he had character.

“Buffy, this is Rupes. Rupes, Buffy,” Spike said gallantly.

“Y-yes, well, James I would appreciate it if you could stop calling me that.” Buffy covered her mirth; this polite, slightly stuffy man with a high-class English accent who was cleaning his glasses spawned the Twinlets?

“Just as soon as you stop callin’ me James…Rupes.” The man let out a long suffering sigh and put his glasses back on in defeat.

“Quite. You must be Buffy.” He looked flustered, and she took pity on the kindly looking man.

“Buffy is me,” she agreed. They shook hands, and Buffy was surprised to see Spike and Will in the older man’s twinkling blue eyes. He may present a calm British exterior, but Buffy could see the mischief and snark lurking underneath. Buffy decided then and there to get to know her roommate’s father. The Twinlets settled back to watch the meeting with interest.

“So what is it you do Ms. …?”

“Buffy. I’m just Buffy. And I run a dojo and weapons shop here in the city.”

“Ah, which one, if I may be so bold?”

“Slayer. The dark haired woman over there is my business partner.”

“Of course! Do you know Ms. Jameson? Her children, Meredith and…oh bugger, what’s his name? Daniel? Dorian? Something with a D... Oh, I can never remember his name!”

“Dylan,” Buffy supplied with a giggle. He was so fussy and adorable! How could she not like the Twinlet’s father? The fact that he’d had a hand in making the two men was enough for Buffy to love him.

“Giles!” The four of them turned. And excited Anya rushed up and caught his up in a bear hug. Will and Spike stifled their laughter as Giles tried to figure out what he should do in this situation.

“Ah…yes, hello…Anya. How-how are you?”

“I am very well. I counted my money before arriving here, which put me in a very agreeable mood, so I am searching for an orgasm partner. It’s difficult because there are so many couples here, and most people are still very repressed and don’t understand that sharing is a very healthy and natural way to exist.” None of them had much of a response to that.

“Ah…quite.” Buffy noticed Giles was cleaning his glasses again.

“How about we introduce Anyanka to the Whelp? He’s single!” Will suggested. Apparently, no one but Anya thought that was a good idea.

************ ************ **** ************ ************

It was nearly two in the morning, and the three of them were exhausted. The party had been an unprecedented success. Robin and Faith had been the first to steal away…as usual. Doyle and Cordelia (who was starting to grow on Buffy) had left soon after. Giles had made a gracious exit after a long conversation with Buffy about everything from business to parenting and raising rambunctious twins. Buffy now had a few stories she could hold over her roommate’s head should the opportunity present itself. Riley and Xander had left to do some male bonding; Buffy felt a mixture of apathy and disappointment that Riley had bailed on her. On the one hand, she liked unwinding with the Twinlets. But then it would have been nice to curl up with Riley tonight after their positive talk during the party.

Lorne, Gunn, Clem, and Anya had headed off to find a late night breakfast spot. Not surprisingly, Lorne and Anya hit it right off. They had a raucous fight about the merits of Bella Loves Jenna versus The Passion of the Christies. It took a minute for everyone to get that they were fighting about porn; Jenna Jameson to be exact.

But the most exciting point in the evening was when Willow and Tara left—together. The three of them had watched with undisguised glee when they left, standing very close and both looking a little shy. Buffy flopped back on the couch in between the two men, a long sigh escaping her lips.

“Good party.” All she got were caveman grunts of agreement from the male section. Eloquent, as usual.

Now that the party was over, all Buffy had to do was concentrate on starting school next week.