Chapter One: Helpless

She sat beside him in his Mustang, shyly looking at him through the corner of her eye. She was nervous, alone with a boy in his car after a nice date of dinner and a movie. Now, they were looking over Park Lane, where all their schoolmates parked for some affection.

“I really like you, Buffy.” Parker Abrams was one of the few desired at Sunnydale High, with his big blue eyes, and shy but sweet persona.

“I like you, too, Parker.” The words came out a whisper, and she shivered as he moved closer. It was her first date since her break up with Angel Locke a year before, and she was hesitant to Parker’s persistence.

His hand set on her bare thigh, just below her jean mini. Her breath caught in her throat from the contact, and he smiled at her reassuringly.

“I’m not going to hurt you.”

Angel had said the same thing before he left her for another girl. She’d given him her heart, her soul, and her virginity, and three months later, the two years they spent together went down the drain. She had spent her junior year alone, with only her friends to comfort her. She figured it was safe to take a chance this year, her last year of high school, but she was wrong.

“I-I can’t do this.” Buffy stuttered, reaching for the door handle.

“Don’t be a tease, Buffy. Look at you, in that little skirt. You want it just as much as I do.” His voice was husky, as he roughly reached for her breast.

“Parker, don’t!” She ordered, smacking his hand away.

Parker took hold of her arm, pulling her back to him, and forcing a kiss on her cherry red lips. She was trapped between the seat and his body in no time. She pushed against him, in an attempt to get him off of her, but he was stronger. His hand forcefully made its way up her skirt, pulling at her panties.

“Stop!” She shouted the words over and over, but he wasn’t listening. With a swift kick to the groin, and a punch to the nose, he slammed against the driver’s door, holding the parts that had been harmed with each hand.

Frightened and frail, Buffy escaped the confines of the car, and rushed for the woods. Tears burned her face, as she blindly made her way through the thick brush, unable to find a trail. Twigs seemed to reach out from the bushes and nick her sensitive legs, arms, and face. She stumbled on a rock, and fell to her knees.

Crying out in pain, she sat on the ground and leaned against a tree, looking over her knees. They were cut up and bloody, along with other little cuts along her body that stung. Buffy sniffled, and was startled by the hoot of an owl. She suddenly wished that she hadn’t forgotten her cell phone.

In a million years, she never would have guessed that Parker was a hormone driven boy, that took girls out on nice dates, and attempted rape. She cried at the thought of what would have happened if she hadn’t escaped on time. In the distance, the sound of a tree branch breaking alerted her.

“Who-who’s out there?” She called out in a small voice, hugging her knees to her chest.

A flash of bleach blonde hair was seen through the moonlight, and Buffy suddenly wished she had been left there to be eaten by wolves.

“Summers…what are you doing out here all by your lonesome? I didn’t figure you for the outdoors type.” William Giles, better known as Spike, stood before her, a cigarette in his mouth.

“What are you doing here, Spike?” She spat his name, as she struggled to stand, leaning against the tree. She could feel the blood trickle down her legs.

She had despised him since he first entered Sunnydale from England, with his bad boy image, a black t-shirt, jeans, combat boots, and a leather duster. He tortured her through junior high. He used to put gum in her hair, and trip her when she walked through the hall. The only reason high school had been bearable with him around, was because Angel had kept Spike off her case.

“I asked first, pet.” He was irritating to her, and he knew it. Part of him lived for it, but she was in bad shape.

She reached up to straighten her long blonde hair, and pull out the leaves and twigs that had gotten caught in it by her fall. “What do you care? Shouldn’t you be with your high and mighty girlfriend, drinking blood and torturing helpless people?”

She may have hated him, but she hated his girlfriend, Drusilla Hawke, even more. The girl was weird beyond weird, and gave Buffy the creeps. When Buffy passed the tall girl, she swore she hissed at her.

“You’re looking pretty helpless yourself. I saw you run from Parker. I was parked near with some beer, having a bit of alone time when you headed for the woods. I knew you’d get lost, so I figured I should come and help you.” His explanation was unfathomable.

“You’re kidding, right? You want to help me?” She questioned.

“Come on, my Desoto is parked on the lane.” He began walking, and Buffy reluctantly followed.

He easily found his way to the car, and got in. It was a black, dented, and looked as though it could barely drive. He looked out of the open passenger’s side window, and up at her. “You getting in, then?” He flicked his cigarette past her.

She looked around at the unfamiliar cars to see that Parker was gone. With a sigh, she got in, and slammed the door. The car was just as filthy outside as it was inside, littered with beer bottles and cans.

“We’ll go to my house, and get you patched up. Your mum would have a fit if she saw you like that.” He started the engine before Buffy could protest.

The blonde duo’s dislike may have went far, but Buffy’s mother worked with his father, Rupert Giles, at the art gallery in town. They’d been forced to attend showings together, but Buffy avoided him at all costs. Her mother wouldn’t be pleased with what happened with Parker. The funny thing was, Joyce seemed to like him.

Spike looked over at the petite girl, as he pulled onto the road. He’d made life hard for her those years ago, but it was due to a schoolboy’s crush. He wondered if she knew. He had only confided in Angel with such information, and the poof took her away, first chance he got. They were friends before that, but now it was a distant memory.

Not only had Angel stolen Buffy, but Dru was new under the brooding man’s thrall. Just that afternoon, she’d dumped him, saying that she had been cheating on him with Angel for over a year.

“You okay?” He questioned, and Buffy jumped slightly in her seat.

“I just want to get fixed, and go home. Then we won’t have to speak to each other ever again.” She kept her arms crossed over her chest, and stared straight ahead.


*A/N: Let me know what you think, and if you like I shall continue. I need feedback, though so I can know you're digging it. Again, Ash is my Beta, big ups to her!!!*