Chapter Eleven: Interruptions

She watched him from her window, as the sun caused the sweat to glisten on his bare torso. Her own body was becoming hot at the sight. She sighed, and went into her bathroom to shower. Spike would be there for another half hour. He still had the backyard to mow

Her mother was at her aunt Maggie’s, for a bachlorette party. Faith was going to have a new stepfather, her third, named Ethan Rayne. Dawn was sleeping over her friend, Janice’s. Buffy had the house to herself.

The water from the faucet was cold, and Buffy allowed it to cool her before putting on the hot. The bathroom fogged, and forty-five minutes later, she stepped out. She wrapped the towel around her body, and went into her room, to see the bleach blonde sitting on her bed.

His smile was wide, and his eyes roamed her curves with lust. “Morning, Luv.”

“What are you doing in here?” There was no anger in her voice, only curiosity.

He stood, closing the distance between them. His hand slipped in the opening of the towel, and gripped her bare waist. “I came in for water, and heard the shower. I have little resistance.” His shirt was still missing.

“You shouldn’t be here.” Her eyes soften, traveling down his sculpted chest, as his fingers massaged. She could feel the towel slipping, and quickly grabbed top.

“I know.” His voice was husky, his erection throbbing.

Her mind swirled, as his fingers went down the curve of her hip, to her thigh. His fingers tickled, and worked its way to her inner thigh. “What are you doing?” Her breath caught, as they roamed upward, toward ecstasy. His teeth nipped at her lips and she leaned in to kiss him.

“Looks like he’s trying to get you off.” Faith spoke, startling them. They jumped a foot apart. “Don’t let me interrupt the fun; I’m just here to watch.” She winked at Spike, and Buffy felt her jealousy rise.

“What do you want?” She asked, angrily.

“Do you really think my mother would let me stay at the house to enjoy the strippers? You know how uptight the “professor” can be.” There was a hint of bitterness on the brunette’s tongue.

“Right, I better…go.” Spike looked at Buffy, with apologetic eyes, and quickly made his way out o the room. He didn’t bother looking at Faith, but he could feel her eyes on him.

Buffy sighed in frustration. Her hands had the urge to wrap around her cousin’s neck.

“Sorry I ruined the moment. Better luck next time.” Faith chirped, talking a seat on the corner of Buffy’s bed. “How long has Spike been working the mojo on you?”

“There has been no mojo working, we’re just friends.” Buffy defended.

“Not likely. If I wasn’t mistaken, you were about to be given the ultimate pleasure.” Faiths eyebrows rose.

“It’s probably better that you came when you did. That would have been a mistake.” Buffy nodded her head, trying to convince herself to believe her own words. She went to her drawer and searched for her underwear. She grabbed clothes, and made her way back into the bathroom.

“Why don’t I believe those are genuine words, B?” Faith muttered the words to herself.

*

Although Faith was told to remain at Buffy’s, Faith had a prior engagement with a certain Lindsey McDonald.

“If all goes well, I won’t be back until the morning.” Faith said.

“Make sure you’re here, you have to be ready for the wedding by 10AM.” Faith waved off Buffy’s words, and made her way out the door.

Buffy curled up on the couch with Serendipity in the DVD player. Before she had the chance to press play, there was a knock on the door. She stood, and made her way to the front door, thinking it was Willow. She opened the door to see Spike, a coy smile on his face.

“Hi…” She said softly, her stomach somersaulting.

“Thought you’d like a little company for the evening. I knew Faith wouldn’t stay for long.” He tilted his head to the side and studied her. She wore gray sweatpants and a baggy white t-shirt, and her hair was up in a tight ponytail.

“I wasn’t expecting you.” She held the hem of the t-shirt, a bit embarrassed by her appearance.

“You look fine,” a wicked grin entered his features, “although I like the towel better.” His arms reached her waste, pulling her body to his, and her breath caught when his lips sought hers. His foot closed the door, as he pushed her further into the house.

After allowing their tongues to do battle for five minutes, nibbling, licking, tasting all that was offered, his hand smoothly began traveling up her shirt. When it ran up her belly, heading toward her breast, she stopped him. He abruptly pulled back, in question.

She was afraid for a second that he would attempt to pull a Parker. “We’re supposed to be friends first.” Her voice was soft, and a little scared.

He sensed it, and took a step back. “I understand…I’m sorry about earlier, and that kiss.”

“Don’t be sorry.” She smiled at him, and reached for his hand. “Just come and watch a movie with me. Serendipity.”

Spike groaned as he followed.

They cuddled together on the couch, and it wasn’t long before she fell asleep in his arms.