Chapter Thirteen: Freedom

“Buffy, tonight, Bronze, Halloween blowout?” Xander questioned, snapping the blonde out of a daze.

“Huh?” It had been a difficult after Buffy returned from her suspension on Tuesday, two of those days spent avoiding Faith.

“The Halloween party, tonight. Are you coming?” He asked, sitting across from her at the lunch table.

“I don’t know…I haven’t been in the party mood lately.” Things had only gotten worse when Spike and Angel returned on Thursday. The trio was called into Snyder’s office for a warning. She stared at the plaque that had the principal’s name engraved on it, ignoring the two she sat between.

“Buffy,” Willow pleaded, sitting beside her, “you have to come. It won’t be fun without you.”

“People will be shaking their groove things, and eating chips with cheese dip.” Anya said excitedly, sitting beside Xander.

Buffy sighed. “I guess I’ll make an appearance.” She remembered how depressed both men looked. It hurt to see Spike’s pleading eyes.

“I’m going as a special kind of angel called a Charlie. We don’t have wings. We just skate around with perfect hair fighting crime.” Anya said cheerfully.

“Charlie’s Angel…you’re a Charlie’s Angel.” Xander corrected her.

“Shit, I need a costume. Anyone up for some shopping?” Buffy asked.

“Ooo…me, me!” Willow volunteered, raising her hand in the air.

“That’s Willow, always the enthusiastic one.” Oz said with a lopsided grin, as he watched his girlfriend carefully.

Buffy sighed, desire for what the couple had filled her, then her eyes wandered to the bickering couple across from her. She suddenly felt eyes on her, and hate surged through her body. She looked up, and saw Spike sitting with Lorne and Clem, staring at her intently.

Her nerves struck and she stood, abruptly. Her friends watched her, dumbfounded, and their heads turned to glare at Spike, as Buffy packed up her stuff.

“Don’t let him drive you away.” Anya said. “Then you’ll be like a car, your motor always running.”

“I’ll see you at my house around four, Willow?” Buffy questioned, and the redhead nodded.

Buffy practically ran to the girls’ bathroom, throwing herself into a stall, sobs taking over. She sat on the toilet and wept for dear life. The sound of two girls entering the bathroom, caused Buffy to quiet down, and reach for the stall’s lock.

“After the way I kissed Spike on Sunday, I doubt Buffy with go back to him. Can you believe he had the nerve to push me away?” Faith stood before the mirror, Drusilla at her side, as she applied her dark red lipstick. “He likes his girls bad, he’ll be back.”

“Poor Spike, the sun has blinded him. That girl has took him away from us.” Dru whimpered.

“Us? You. I had my go, and it was the bomb. Right now, I’m only interested in you and getting a go at Angel. He’s the only guy Buffy had before me.” A wicked smile crossed Faith’s features. “I want to see what he’s all about.”

“Come, Faith, let’s go play.” Dru reached for the other girl’s hand and pulled her out of the bathroom.

Buffy didn’t need an explanation; she finally understood why people perceived Spike as the Big Bad. He had more than just Dru…he shared her with others. Not only could she not resist him, but also she’d never be able to match his sexual skill.

*

Buffy looked at her reflection in the full-length mirror, studying her outfit closely. “You think they’ll be surprised?” She asked Willow, who sat on the bed with a Joan of Arc costume on.

“You’re like, a naught angel.” Willow said, her eyes skimming Buffy.

She wore a short white skirt, white boy shorts beneath, and a tight white tee that cut into a low v, and white Adidas on her feet. To top it off, feathered wings were strapped to her back, and a halo sat atop her long straight golden locks.

“If he doesn’t die, I think Angel will. But what is the point that you’re trying so hard to prove?” Willow asked.

“That good girls can be bad.” Buffy smiled at her reflections. “Remember the plan…”

*

The Bronze was decorated in black and orange, every teen wearing a costume, except for Angel, Dru, and Spike, who were on opposite sides of the room from each other.

Buffy wouldn’t except his phone calls, and even took off from the gallery for the week. As Spike hoped that she’d show up, she entered with her friends. Everyone’s eyes seemed to fall upon her, and she was breathtaking.

Angel watched her carefully, ignoring Drusilla’s growl.

Buffy started on the dance floor with her the Scoobies, and through the crowd, Spike watched her carefully. The music was slow and she swayed her body to the beat. She spotted him, saw the desire that was overcoming him, and smiled invitingly.

He was taken aback, but slowly made his way toward her. When he approached, she leaned her bottom onto his growing shaft, and grinded herself against him provocatively. She went down his body, to the floor, and slowly made her way back up, her ass rubbing up his legs, sweeping against his jean clad balls, and the thick member that stood at attention.

A smile graced her lips when she felt it, and she turned to face him. Her arms encircled his neck, and she rubbed her front to him. She leaned in and licked his ear, sending shivers down his spine. “You want me?” She asked, and he nodded.

He could feel himself losing control, but he kept his hands in his pocket, afraid that he’d reach out and grab her. As the song neared its end, she whispered gently in his ear, once again.

“Maybe Faith can do something about that…oh, she already did.” She said, and stepped away, leaving him lost in lust, and anger.

Without saying goodbye to her friends, Buffy went outside and began making her way home. The sound of her name on gentle lips, caused her to stop in her in her tracks.

“Buffy…” His voice pleaded, and she could feel the tears of her past take hold.

“What do you want, Angel?” She turned to face him, reaching up and taking the halo from her head.

“What are you trying to do? Kill me?”

“Like you did when you left me?” She questioned. “I wouldn’t stoop to that level. Are you jealous that I danced with him? It was just that, a dance.”

“That’s what you call dancing. I think mated with is a better term for it.” He was becoming angry, but had a grip on his control. “You used to dance with me like that. Now you want him.”

“And now you dance with Dru like that.” Buffy turned to begin walking again.

“I’d leave her if you’d take me back.”

“But I won’t because whether or not you believe it’s true. I’m falling in love with Spike.” Her words were cold, and simple, but the admittance touched her.

“I’m getting the brush off for Captain Peroxide.” He stated in shock.

“Go back inside, and stop wasting my time. I’m sure your girlfriend is wondering where you are.” She walked away, feeling free for the first time in a long time.

Angel returned to Drusilla’s side in the club, as Spike stepped out of the shadows and followed his blonde princess home.