Chapter Sixteen: Only One For Me

“Buffy!” Riley Finn yelled her name in the hall, as she stood at her locker. He jogged over to get to her.

“Riley…what’s up?” She asked, putting away her calc book.

“I wanted to know if you were doing anything Saturday night.” He was bold, which was odd, since he was usually so shy.

“Um…well…no I’m not, but I’m not to sure if-“

He interrupted her. “Listen, I know what Angel did to you, and I know what Parker could have done. I want you to know that I’m not like that.”

“I never said you were, I just-“

“Give me a chance Buffy. I’ve…liked you for a while.” His eyes were pleading, and behind his back, Buffy could see Spike at his locker, giving Riley a death glare.

“Okay, I guess it won’t hurt.” She said with a small smile.

“I’ll pick you up at seven.” Riley said happily, and jogged off to his next class.

“Did you just accept a date from Captain Cardboard?” Spike asked, stalking over to her.

“He’s a nice guy…and you and I getting to know each other. It’s not a big deal.” Buffy said.

“We’re getting to know each other, and you’ve barely had a conversation that you could stay awake through with that guy, and you’re going on a date with him?” Spike asked, as they walked toward the gym.

“He’s always been nice, normal Riley. I just need a stress free night.” She said.

“Fine, pet. Have fun with your boring date.” He stomped toward the boys’ locker room, while Buffy rolled her eyes, and entered the girls’.

Minutes later, they were facing off on the mat in the middle of the gym. Buffy wore gray capri sweatpants, and a baggy burgundy Sunnydale High School t-shirt. Spike was dressed similarly, on with baggy sweats.

“Now, I want you to reach for Ms. Summers, and she’s going to grab your wrist before you touch her. You’re going to try to get her around the waist, Spike, and Buffy’s going to try the move we just learned.” Mr. Hong explained the instructions.

Spike reached for Buffy’s waist, and before Buffy could grab him, she was pulled to his body tightly. Her breath caught, and she struggled to breath as Spike’s own breath tickled her neck.

“Let’s try that again. This time, grab him Buffy, and flip him. You’re the strong victim.” Mr. Hong attempted to give her confidence.

‘How did we end up partners?’ She wondered, as his eyes scanned her body with delight.

He reached out, and Buffy finally flipped him to his back, straddling him, and pinning his hands above his head.

“Excellent.” The short Chinese man called from beside them.

Their eyes locked.

“I don’t think you’re supposed to make out with the bad guy.” Cordelia called out from the crowd.

Buffy snapped out of the dream, and focused on getting up. When Spike attempted to sit up from under her, a jolt of pain from his side, cause him to twitch.

“Are you okay?” Buffy asked, still on top of him. She reached for the hem of his shirt, and began pulling it up, exposing his tight six-pack.

“I’m fine.” He replied.

“Are you sure?” She ran her fingers over his stomach to see if it was tender.

He stilled her hand with his. “I’m sure.” If she continued, he wouldn’t have the power to not roll her onto her back and take her in front of his classmates.

Buffy stood, and offered her hand to help him stand. He accept, and doubled over slightly when he stood.

“Ms. Summers, I think you beat up your opponent up. You’d survive on the streets of New York City. Now, escort Mr. Giles to the nurse.” Mr. Hong ordered.

Buffy allowed Spike to put his arm around her shoulder, as they exited the gym and made their way to the nurse’s office. “I didn’t really hurt you that bad, did I?” She asked.

“I think your wiggling around and touching me was hurting me more.” He looked down at the obvious bulge under his sweats.

“Sorry…” Buffy grimaced, a blush approaching her cheeks.

“I want you, Buffy.” Spike admitted the evident. “If you think it’s a good idea to go on this date, go, but know that I won’t let Finn have you. I’ll fight for you until you’re mine.”

They stopped in front of the mahogany door, and Buffy looked up into his eyes. She tiptoed, and brushed her lips against his. “It’ll only be a friendly thing, and when I’m ready to commit, you’ll be the only one for me.” She vowed.